good news! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 12:34 PM   #1
mvcy

mvcy is an unknown quantity at this point
good news!

jennifer and serena were upset in manhattan! this would be a great chance for lindsay to win another title after the long months break! so let pray for lindsay~

Go, Lindsay~
mvcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 12:56 PM   #2
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all
yes let's pray!!!

GO LINDS TAKE THIS TITLE!!!
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2002, 03:38 PM   #3
gossipcom

gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice
yeah but Jelena D's still in there and behind Venus Williams would be the inform hardcourt player at the moment - personally I'd love to see a Dokic / Davenport final and hopefully see Lindsay kick her butt <g> but first I'm just hoping Lindsay can win her SF
Old Aug 10th, 2002, 03:45 PM   #4
Leo7

Leo7 is an unknown quantity at this point
oh, i think it will be Chanda Rubin vs. Lindsay Davenport in the Final, with Lindsay coming through in 3 sets!

but guys, the 3 other players left in the draw have ALL lost to Davenport in the past 2 weeks, when she was just returning from a 9-month injury! and Chanda was the only one of the 3 to take a set from her!wow! so if Lindsay plays anywhere near her best stuff, this title is hers for the 2nd straight year!

:bunce:

Best of Luck To: Mary Pierce, Justine Henin, Monica Seles, Chanda Rubin, Kim Clijsters, Dinara Safina, Vera Zvonareva, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Haas, and Pat Rafter!
Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2002, 03:48 PM   #5
Leo7

ooops, i meant not :bunce:

LOL!

Best of Luck To: Mary Pierce, Justine Henin, Monica Seles, Chanda Rubin, Kim Clijsters, Dinara Safina, Vera Zvonareva, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Haas, and Pat Rafter!
Old Aug 10th, 2002, 03:49 PM   #6
gossipcom

gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice
I like what Lindsay said in her press conference after her match yesterday:

"If you had told me this a while ago, I'd have been ecstatic," Davenport said of her results.

"Now that I'm here, I'd like to go a step farther than the semis. It's a great start, a very consistent start, but again, you want to break out of the mold of being a consistent performer and be a contender."

Today is her make or break day - if she beats Sugiyama to make it into the final it'll be another step in her recovery and ultimately a contender. Who knows today might be third time lucky for her and she may make the final - since in the last few years she's definitely owned this tournament either in the form of winning or being runner-up.
Old Aug 10th, 2002, 06:49 PM   #7
mvcy

mvcy is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, let's hope she can win this title and got not much worry to enter the WTZ Championship in auzzie end of this year~

Go Lindsay~
mvcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2002, 07:40 PM   #8
Leo7

oh, i really like Davenport's attitude. i'm glad that she wants to get the better results more and is willing to fight for a win! GO Lindsay!

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 09:37 PM   #9
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of
congrats lindsay on a well earned final! great match over ai today and eleni yesterday! im so happy for ya i too expect a lindsay-chanda final and i expect lindsay to come out on top. let's go for the title linds!

Lindsay Davenport - Anna Smashnova - Lisa Raymond - Sandrine Testud - Paola Suarez - Amelie Mauresmo - Virginia Ruano-Pascual - Nadia Petrova - Chanda Rubin - Cara Black - Tathiana Garbin - Anne Kremer - Monica Seles - Fabiola Zuluaga - Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo - Amanda Coetzer - Rita Grande - Meghann Shaughnessy - Magui Serna - Nathalie Dechy - Kim Clijsters - Elena Tatarkova - Maria Sharapova - Alicia Molik - Julia Vakulenko - Elena Likhovtseva - Anastasia Myskina - Emilie Loit
Mikey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2002, 10:30 PM   #10
country flag joaco

joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold
YES!! Lindsay beat ai 6-3, 6-4!!! That is SO great news!

Come on Lindsay, you can take this title home for the second year in a row. BTW where do you get the press conferences Lindsay does after a match??

Anyway, hope you can win tomorrow. We'll all be so happy, and the final itself it's a recovery and such a big step, not only phisically but also mentally. Now you will know Lindsay you're back at the top again!!!

Joaco

OK TOPs let's bounce for Lindsay to win the final
joaco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2002, 12:28 AM   #11
gossipcom

sometimes they'll float around on the net or rock up in articles - the above one was in the article.

This one was in a Reuters article:

"There's no question I'm tired physically," she said. "Mentally, I'm still excited. I have a chance to win my first title of the year and I didn't think it would come nearly this quick."

Let's hope Lindsay finally fixes her toss problem because if she's playing like this with a dodgy serve, God only knows how she'll play when her killer serve returns.
Old Aug 11th, 2002, 04:13 AM   #12
Leo7

thanks gossipcom! Lindsay had a comfortable win today over Ai, but she was a little sloppy in the 2nd set and lost her concentration a bit. but she stay tough at then end when she was down 0-30 on her serve at 5-4! good serving got her through.

joaco! wow, that's the most amount of bouncies i've ever seen in a post!

Good Luck in the Finals against Chanda!

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 07:13 AM   #13
gossipcom

okay sometimes I hate Lindsay's attitude on court - I'll admit it, the slumped shoulder *arghh* that's all part of confidence level - but damn I love her mental picture off the court and what she's been saying in her press conferences.

re: comeback

"There's no question I'm tired physically," Davenport said, "but mentally I'm excited that I still have the chance to win my first title of the year. I didn't think it would come nearly this quickly.

"My biggest fear, besides not being able to play again, was coming back and not being good and not being successful. I've been in the top three for five years maybe, and I didn't want to come back out here and just be a top 50 player.

"It was important to get off to a good start, because if you start off coming back from an injury not playing well it can sometimes just keep snowballing and you lose all your confidence.
Old Aug 11th, 2002, 09:20 AM   #14
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all
Joaco,usually i get articles and abstracts from her interview (and pics too) from http://sports.yahoo.com/ten
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2002, 09:39 AM   #15
country flag shirley

shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Good Luck Lindsay

Woo-hoo, Lindsay's first final of the year!

Take The Title, Lindsay!

Cheering for Lindsay!

*Kilmarnock FC: Scottish League Cup Winners 2012*

Juan Martin Del Potro

World Cup 2010 Prediction Joint Champion
shirley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote