Caroline Wozniacki - Video Thread - Page 54 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 11th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #796
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline Wozniacki - Video Thread

Caroline Wozniacki vs Victoria Azarenka 2008 US Open Highlights

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #797
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyKnownAs View Post
4 Videos from ExtraBladet, Caroline seems very relaxed and they have a bit more personal feel to them.
Amongst other things she talks about her religion, and nationality.

http://ekstrabladet.tv/nationentv/article1433331.ece
http://ekstrabladet.tv/nationentv/article1432511.ece
http://ekstrabladet.tv/nationentv/article1432488.ece
http://ekstrabladet.tv/nationentv/article1432494.ece
There's too much to ask for a full translation but could one of the Danish posters write a small summary of what Caroline says in each of these clips? I think in one of them she says something about being able to beat Serena, I would especially like to know what she says about that and also what she says about religion.

I wonder if she is more comfortable being interviewed in Danish (or Polish)? Her interviews in English seem very anodyne.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #798
country flag Crockett

Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
There's too much to ask for a full translation but could one of the Danish posters write a small summary of what Caroline says in each of these clips? I think in one of them she says something about being able to beat Serena, I would especially like to know what she says about that and also what she says about religion.
She says that Serena is a great player and difficult to beat, but that she can beat anyone, including Serena, when she is playing her best game.

She says that she is a religious person, a Roman Catholic. Earlier she would attend mass on Sundays, but that does not happen so often anymore. She believes in God and she says her evening prayers every day.

She stresses that she considers herself Danish, basically because she was born and raised in Denmark. She thinks of her parents as Polish, and she will always have her Polish genes.

When asked about rivals, she mentions that there are many good players out there and that it is a difficult question to answer. She then goes on to mention that Vera Zvonareva has had a great season including to slam finals, and that they have played several tight matches during the season.

When asked if she feels worthy of her number one ranking, considering her slam results, she confirms that she feels worthy and that she deserves her ranking.
Crockett is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #799
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
There's too much to ask for a full translation
Crocket list some key points...

Here is Video one for you, If I have time I might (or somebody else) tackle the others too. Video two added bellow.

Caroline Wozniacki on Religeon

interviewer: Are you a Religious Person?

C: I am Catholic, yes I am.

Int: What role dose that play in your Life?

C: Well, I believe in god, and I believe that that helps me,… And then it obviously plays a role,… In the past we went to Church every Sunday, but we don't really do that anymore, now its mainly at Christmas and Easter and so on, but an evening prayer that gets prayed as well,

Int: you do that?

C: Yes

Int: Dose it mean anything when you go on the court?

C: I believe that that which… "what is meant to be is meant to be is going to happen" as they say, I believe that when I go out I do the best I can, and more I can not do.

An Ordinary day?

Int: When do you get up?

C: Erm, 7:15 probably.

Int: do you eat anything specific for breakfast?

C: Porridge oats with banana and raisins. A good start to the morning.

Int: And this routine you follow this routine every day?

C: Pretty much yes.

Int: How dose one live with this life, this is a life that you have lived with for very men years, where you have trained yourself to what you are today… Has there been space for say male and female friends in your life?

C: Yes, there definitely has, I'm a very young person and I need to switch off from tennis now and then, and for me its important that I have some other things to think about other than just tennis, results and tournaments, so I have some really good and very nice friends around the world, and I have had… Yes I think myself, that I am very good at getting time to do both things.

What is a Fighter?

C: For me a fighter is someone who gives 100% every time they do something, and for me a fighter is someone who never gives up, and that, I believe I am.

Int: when your standing on the court, and you know you have to win this match to go further [in the tournament], what do you think about, do you have any techniques you use?

C: No, its every time in tennis, if you win you go further, if you loose your out and its on to the next tournament, so for me, I just enjoy to play, its a fantastic sport, and its fantastic to travel around the whole world and play the sport I love, and to live your hobby thats fantastic, and sometimes if your nervous, what happens if you loose this match? do I die? no, dose the world end? no, theres another tournament again next week, so its just get back on the horse and keep going.

Video Two:

Int: Your brother is on 'strictly come dancing'

C: in background: yes he definitely is that.

Int: Is that something your ever going to do, are we going to see you enter something like this?

C: Not right now for sure, It takes a lot of time, and it demands a lot of training, and I'm never in Denmark for one thing, I have my own career, It's just not possible at the moment.

Last edited by Burisleif : Nov 12th, 2010 at 04:52 PM.
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #800
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Burisleif
thank you for translation!
CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #801
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful! Thanks for the translations Crockett and Burisleif. I watched all of those videos but it's much better to understand what she is saying.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 08:31 PM   #803
country flag Esther
Maria!

Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future

Is anyone able to put the last video on youtube?
Esther is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #804
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Is anyone able to put the last video on youtube?
here you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
Who was the guy in the leather jacket behind Caro at 0:28 who thought it was him the journalists wanted to interview in front of the sponsor's billboard after they came out from the airport's VIP-lounge?
Then he realized they started to talk to the girl in front of him instead (Caro) and he snuck backwards again. Some kind of celebrity I guess.
I have no idea who he is.

Last edited by CWTennis : Nov 20th, 2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old Nov 20th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #805
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Victoria Azarenka and Caroline Wozniacki are holding a charity match in Minsk, playing tennis with Alexander Lukashenko
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #806
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
It's from the weekly Danish sketch show, 'Live fra Bremen', which is the Danish answer to the American sketch show 'Saturday Night Live'.

'Live fra Bremen' has made several sketches about Caro.
If you search YouTube for 'Live fra Bremen Wozniacki', then you will find other sketches too, like these:

Translation of the above sketch about the Haiti earthquake:
Q: Caroline Wozniacki can we get a comment on Haiti?
CW: Haiti, she's a great player but I'm sure I can beat her. I just need to get into the court and play my game.
Q: No, I'm thinking of Haiti the earthquake.
CW: No I don't know her, but I'm sure if I just play my game...
Q: No no stop stop, I would like a comment on Haiti.
CW: Oh, you should have just said that. [turns to the Camera] Hi, my name is Caroline Wozniacki and when I'm in Denmark I always listen to Radio Haiti.
Q: No no no, it's not Radio Haiti, it's a country.
CW: A country? How cool, then I can also call it from my [turns to the Camera] Sony Ericsson mobile.
Q: Listen now, 150.000 people died, don't you have any comment on this?
CW: Oh, then we must hope they had their [turns to the Camera] Europæiske travel insurance. Yeah, thanks.
Q: Tell me, don't you have any feelings at all?
CW: ... I have fucked Laudrup's son.
Q: Tahnks.
CW: Thanks.

Another Wozniacki sketch in Live from Bremen last night:

stangtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #807
country flag Esther
Maria!

Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future Esther has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
here you go

I have no idea who he is.
Thank you very very much.
Esther is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #808
country flag CWTennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Thank you very very much.
you're welcome!

Old Nov 20th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #809
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Caro cheerleader great videos!

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #810
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

My first time to post here. Thanks for posting the Minsk exho videos. I was hoping to find some videos of it here and I was not disappointed.

@ Caro and Vika trying to do some cheerleading. It's a good thing they have chosen tennis as their career.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote