Caroline Wozniacki - Video Thread - Page 51 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 11th, 2010, 08:07 PM   #751
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline Wozniacki - Video Thread

Thanks for the video (and the photos), antonia! You were very lucky to be there, I hope you enjoyed it.
Advertisement

Old Oct 11th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #752
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Could someone make a small video of the point at 1-3 30-30 first set? This may be the best point Caro has ever played. Vera plays remarkable defense but Caro manages to keep up the pressure shot after shot until Vera finally gives in. I find the way Caro manages to keep a long point (35 stroke rally) under control with one well-placed shot after the other much more impressive than going for an early 1-shot winner you miss every second time.
I love the reaction of the audience, too; the way they can't help clapping and ooh-ing during the point and the older woman you see smiling delightedly after the point's won. This is tennis at its very best!

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Oct 13th, 2010 at 08:05 AM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 02:09 AM   #753
country flag SwissMiss19

SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold SwissMiss19 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia412 View Post
of course the answer is yes
that's a wonderful night for me to see Caro become No.1
I still remember that I told Caro she will become No.1 two years ago, now, my words come true

here's a video of Caro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzVDErg0gLM
Awesome video!
SwissMiss19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #754
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Video interview with Caro when she arrived in Copenhagen Airport today: http://ekstrabladet.tv/sport/article1430416.ece
Caro and Piotr was picked up by Patrik in the airport.
This video doesn't play in Firefox for me for some reason, but works in Internet Explorer.
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #755
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Beijing Shot of the Day (October 9, 2010)
Caroline Wozniacki has Saturday's shot of the day at the China Open against Shahar Pe'er
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/v...256553_2179659

Beijing: Wozniacki vs. Zvonareva
Caroline Wozniacki takes on Vera Zvonareva in the final of the China Open.
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/v...256553_2181396

Beijing: Final Highlights
Highlights from the final of the China Open.
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/v...256553_2181394

Last edited by stangtennis : Oct 12th, 2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 07:32 PM   #756
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
Video interview with Caro when she arrived in Copenhagen Airport today: http://ekstrabladet.tv/sport/article1430416.ece
Caro and Piotr was picked up by Patrik in the airport.
This video doesn't play in Firefox for me for some reason, but works in Internet Explorer.
Thanks for posting that. Even though I don't speak Danish it's interesting to see stuff like that. She seemed extremely happy.
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 08:43 PM   #757
country flag stangtennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Thanks for posting that. Even though I don't speak Danish it's interesting to see stuff like that. She seemed extremely happy.
She was asked what she thought the result of tonight's football match between Denmark and Cyprus would be. She said she hoped for 2-0. And it turned out that was how the match ended.

Caro was also later interviewed by TV2 at the national football stadium in the half-time break of the football match.
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 09:22 PM   #758
country flag Sexysova
I'm back and fierce, bitches!

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

Beijing F: Caroline Wozniacki vs. Vera Zvonareva

vs.

MATCH + CEREMONY: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/vi...p=13948#p13948
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #759
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Could someone make a small video of the point at 1-3 30-30 first set? This may be the best point Caro has ever played. Vera plays remarkable defense but Caro manages to keep up the pressure shot after shot until Vera finally gives in. I find the way Caro manages to keep a long point (35 stroke rally) under control with one well-placed shot after the other much more impressive than going for an early 1-shot winner you miss every second time.
I love the reaction of the audience, too; the way they can't help clapping and ooh-ing during the point and the older woman you see smiling delightedly after the point's won. This is tennis at its very best!
I'm not the only one who liked that point!
There's a first set highlights video on Youtube which starts exactly at 1-3 30-30 which I see as the turning point of the set. Had Caro lost this hard fought rally she would have been down BP for a double break and could easily have lost the set. Now she won the point and Vera was simply outplayed the rest of the set.
It reminds me of John McEnroe commentating in the movie Wimbledon: "One decisive point that can make or break your confidence and completely determine the outcome of a match." Even though Vera made a good comeback in second set Caro's body language was never negative. I think she knew in her heart all the way she would win the match if only she played her best.

Old Oct 13th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #760
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's a first set highlights video on Youtube which starts exactly at 1-3 30-30 which I see as the turning point of the set. Had Caro lost this hard fought rally she would have been down BP for a double break and could easily have lost the set. Now she won the point and Vera was simply outplayed the rest of the set.
It reminds me of John McEnroe commentating in the movie Wimbledon: "One decisive point that can make or break your confidence and completely determine the outcome of a match." Even though Vera made a good comeback in second set Caro's body language was never negative. I think she knew in her heart all the way she would win the match if only she played her best.

After watching that point I don't understand how anyone can claim that Caroline is just lucky and benefiting from a depleted field. Sure, she does not win every point but she works extremely hard and gives her all on every point.

Oddly, there were stretches where Vera was winning most of the longer points and Caroline was winning the shorter points. It was great to see her be more aggressive and win some points after three shots or less. I hope she watches some of those shorter points and tries to do that more often. I like watching her win long rallies but sometimes it's got to tire her out a little bit.
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #761
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki in the Danish national football (soccer) team's locker room after the match yesterday:
http://www.dbu.dk/Nyheder/2010/Oktober/Wozniacki.aspx

(Caro cheating on the Yale football team? )
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #762
country flag Martian Jeza
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect

Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute

Morten Olsen lives here in Brussels !

Loads will accept being deceived and being whores of the system : a few others with ethics and values decided to be Free Human beings

BNP Paribas, JP Morgan, Lagardere are criminals : WAKE UP !
Martian Jeza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 04:24 PM   #763
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's a first set highlights video on Youtube which starts exactly at 1-3 30-30 which I see as the turning point of the set.
Of the set and the game, and before Pitor came on court.
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #764
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
Wozniacki in the Danish national football (soccer) team's locker room after the match yesterday:
http://www.dbu.dk/Nyheder/2010/Oktober/Wozniacki.aspx

(Caro cheating on the Yale football team? )
Caro and Eriksen, or Caro and Kjær... Time to make a new generation of danish stars...
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #765
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
About the bolded part: you and me both.
Generally speaking, I think defensive skills are underappreciated. Part of the problem is that in tennis it's hard to convey a player's performance on defense with statistics, unlike in some other sports.