Caroline Wozniacki - Video Thread - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 7th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #736
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline Wozniacki - Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavoom View Post
WTA were quick to get this up

Who's her hitting partner in the yellow T-shirt? Probably some local Chinese guy?
Link to jump to 1:12 where her hitting partner is serving: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgoWnaR5ELE#t=1m12s

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia412 View Post
my video from Lotus Court

Caroline Wozniacki-New World No.1
Thanks

Last edited by stangtennis : Oct 7th, 2010 at 06:40 PM.
stangtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #737
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Antonia, you were there? Perhaps a stupid question as your video would say 'yes' .. .. Must have been a very special experience. Are tickets expensive for such a big tennis event in Beijing?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #738
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

In the beginning of the video you can really see the smog on court Caro talks about in her new blog entry.
Old Oct 7th, 2010, 10:02 PM   #739
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
In the beginning of the video you can really see the smog on court Caro talks about in her new blog entry.
I was only able to read that blog entry through a translator so I may well have lost something in the translation but I was a little surprised to hear her be so blunt. She is usually extremely diplomatic in her answers (maybe too diplomatic) and it was different to hear her be so blunt. I don't think she said anything wrong but I wonder if some of the Chinese officials read her comments what will they think of them? I hope that Caro does not spark an international incident between Denmark and China!
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2010, 10:50 PM   #740
country flag stangtennis

stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute stangtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I was only able to read that blog entry through a translator so I may well have lost something in the translation but I was a little surprised to hear her be so blunt. She is usually extremely diplomatic in her answers (maybe too diplomatic) and it was different to hear her be so blunt. I don't think she said anything wrong but I wonder if some of the Chinese officials read her comments what will they think of them? I hope that Caro does not spark an international incident between Denmark and China!
I tried to run her blog entry through Google's Danish to English translator, and I think one sentence comes out much stronger in the English translation than in the original Danish blog, because it translates .

Quote: "Stadion er virkelig fantastisk og derfor er det super ærgerligt, at byen er så forurenet at det kommer ind på banen."

Translation: "Stadium is truly amazing and so it is super annoying that the city is so polluted that it comes onto the pitch."

I think something along the lines of "a big shame" would be a better translation than "super annoying", she doesn't say "annoying". The Danish word for "annoying" is "irriterende", while Caro used the word "ærgeligt", which is translated more into "shame". If you only put the word "ærgeligt" into the translator, it translates to "shame", so I don't know why Google translates it into annoying in this full sentence. If you just remove the word "super" from the Danish sentence, then it translates "ærgeligt" into "unfortunate".

But I don't think she will spark any international conflict between Denmark and China that wasn't already there. All that she wrote has been said by several Danish athletes and politicians before and during the 2008 Olympics in Beijing + athletes from most other countries during the Olympics.
There was a lot of critisisim from all over the western world for holding the Olympics in China because of lack of human rights in China. And from athletes there was a lot of criticisms for holding it a place with so much smog in a period of the year when it was very hot too.

Last edited by stangtennis : Oct 7th, 2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old Oct 7th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #741
country flag Sexysova
I'm back and fierce, bitches!

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

Beijing R3: Caroline Wozniacki vs. Sara Errani

vs.

MATCH: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/vi...p=13928#p13928
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2010, 12:07 AM   #742
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
I tried to run her blog entry through Google's Danish to English translator, and I think one sentence comes out much stronger in the English translation than in the original Danish blog, because it translates .

Quote: "Stadion er virkelig fantastisk og derfor er det super ærgerligt, at byen er så forurenet at det kommer ind på banen."

Translation: "Stadium is truly amazing and so it is super annoying that the city is so polluted that it comes onto the pitch."

I think something along the lines of "a big shame" would be a better translation than "super annoying", she doesn't say "annoying". The Danish word for "annoying" is "irriterende", while Caro used the word "ærgeligt", which is translated more into "shame". If you only put the word "ærgeligt" into the translator, it translates to "shame", so I don't know why Google translates it into annoying in this full sentence. If you just remove the word "super" from the Danish sentence, then it translates "ærgeligt" into "unfortunate".

But I don't think she will spark any international conflict between Denmark and China that wasn't already there. All that she wrote has been said by several Danish athletes and politicians before and during the 2008 Olympics in Beijing + athletes from most other countries during the Olympics.
There was a lot of critisisim from all over the western world for holding the Olympics in China because of lack of human rights in China. And from athletes there was a lot of criticisms for holding it a place with so much smog in a period of the year when it was very hot too.
Interesting. "Big shame" definitely sounds much more like something she would say rather than "super annoying." Overall, I was surprised by how well the translator works but I can see how some things would not translate as well as they could. Thanks for pointing out the differences.
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2010, 12:16 AM   #743
country flag stangtennis

Yes, online translators are pretty good nowadays and still improving. They are much better today than just 5 years ago.
You can usually understand most of it and guess what the rest should have been translated to. But sometimes the choice of words changes the tone of what was actually said, like in this example, where "super annoying" sounds much more negative than what Caro wrote in Danish.
Old Oct 8th, 2010, 02:07 AM   #744
country flag stangtennis

Portrait video of Wozniacki from when she was only 14 years old. The video link was just reposted by the Danish public service TV-station DR1 in honor of her #1 ranking: http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Oevrig_spor.../28/163721.htm

Caro as 12-year old
Old Oct 8th, 2010, 04:06 PM   #745
country flag Sexysova

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

Beijing R3: Caroline Wozniacki vs. Petra Kvitova

vs.

MATCH: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/vi...p=13931#p13931
Old Oct 8th, 2010, 04:23 PM   #746
country flag Martian Jeza
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect

Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
Portrait video of Wozniacki from when she was only 14 years old. The video link was just reposted by the Danish public service TV-station DR1 in honor of her #1 ranking: http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Oevrig_spor.../28/163721.htm

Caro as 12-year old
Can't some of the danish like you to translate a bit all of this ? It would be much appreciated but this is unbelievable what for a gorgeous young woman she has become

Loads will accept being deceived and being whores of the system : a few others with ethics and values decided to be Free Human beings

BNP Paribas, JP Morgan, Lagardere are criminals : WAKE UP !
Martian Jeza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #747
country flag Sexysova

Beijing QF: Caroline Wozniacki vs. Ana Ivanovic

vs.

MATCH: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/vi...p=13937#p13937
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #748
country flag antonia412

antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Antonia, you were there? Perhaps a stupid question as your video would say 'yes' .. .. Must have been a very special experience. Are tickets expensive for such a big tennis event in Beijing?

of course the answer is yes
that's a wonderful night for me to see Caro become No.1
I still remember that I told Caro she will become No.1 two years ago, now, my words come true

here's a video of Caro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzVDErg0gLM

Jane Zhang(张靓颖)

Caroline Wozniacki

Elena Dementieva
antonia412 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #749
country flag Sexysova

Beijing SF: Caroline Wozniacki vs. Shahar Peer

vs.

MATCH: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/vi...p=13944#p13944
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #750
country flag antonia412

antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold antonia412 is a splendid one to behold

the ceremony of China Open 2010 Women's Final

Jane Zhang(张靓颖)

Caroline Wozniacki

Elena Dementieva
antonia412 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote