Grass, rain, strawberries & tea time! Aravane in the UK! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2008, 01:16 PM   #16
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Grass, rain, strawberries & tea time! Aravane in the UK!

another disappointing result

aravane

Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 11:40 PM   #17
country flag Cirstea
I'm back :D

Cirstea has much to be proud of Cirstea has much to be proud of Cirstea has much to be proud of Cirstea has much to be proud of Cirstea has much to be proud of Cirstea has much to be proud of Cirstea has much to be proud of Cirstea has much to be proud of Cirstea has much to be proud of Cirstea has much to be proud of Cirstea has much to be proud of

I watched this match (Rezai/Dulko) and for the first set...WOW

Aravane played such unbelievable shots! I was lost for words...

Then...the wheels just came off the wagon. Real shame as that first set was the best set of tennis I have seen all summer.

Something to ease the pain

Old Jun 8th, 2009, 06:44 PM   #18
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

Good news: aravane climbed in the ranking to reach 46 and took 11 places,congrats aravane

she entered birmingham and will play a qualifer

allez aravane!good luck in that tournament!

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 06:50 PM   #19
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck on grass Aravane!!!
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #20
country flag Bероника

Court 2 (from 11.00hrs)
1. Voegele vs Gullickson
2. Fedossova vs Koryttseva
3. Rezai vs Duque Marino

Allez Aravane!!!! Let's hope for a good grass debut!
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #21
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh. Could the first two matches go any longer.....C'mon, Aravane! Let's take some prisoners on grass!

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 02:10 AM   #22
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

she leads Duque Marino 5-4! bloody rain
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 07:44 AM   #23
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Aravane doesn't really look fully ready to play on grass. Thanks God she only plays Duque Marino! She was in trouble on her serve which is nothing good on this surface ; anyway I don't particularly think her game can work here. On clay she has enough time to compensate an ackward timing but on grass, it's different. Everything happens fast. Well it's a good exercise after all, I would love Aravane to go to the net, to take the ball early (something she rarely does) or to be demanding with her footwork. So I don't have many expectations .
Let's see if she can do that this year. Allez, surprise us!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 11:26 AM   #24
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Aravane through her first round. 64 61 over Mariana . She must have pressed on the turbo mode because she only needed 25min. to finish the match off, starting from 54. She needed several SPs to conclude but after this, games were extremely quick. Many first serves in, no BPs to save... very well done!
I really hope I will be proven wrong and that grass will bring the best of her game. Her strokes can definitely be effective, it's just a matter of how demanding she will be with movement, serve %, shot selection, & footwork. It's actually the points she needs to work on in her game, so there couldn't be any better exercise.

She will play Kudryavtseva later on in the afternoon if the weather stays good. The Russian can be very erratic but seems to enjoy playing on grass. Should be a tougher match. Allez!!!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Jun 10th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #25
country flag Bероника

and good luck later vs Alla!!!
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #26
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

well done aravane,keep winning allez!

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 01:22 PM   #27
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
Aravane through her first round. 64 61 over Mariana . She must have pressed on the turbo mode because she only needed 25min. to finish the match off, starting from 54. She needed several SPs to conclude but after this, games were extremely quick. Many first serves in, no BPs to save... very well done!
I really hope I will be proven wrong and that grass will bring the best of her game. Her strokes can definitely be effective, it's just a matter of how demanding she will be with movement, serve %, shot selection, & footwork. It's actually the points she needs to work on in her game, so there couldn't be any better exercise.

She will play Kudryavtseva later on in the afternoon if the weather stays good. The Russian can be very erratic but seems to enjoy playing on grass. Should be a tougher match. Allez!!!

Yes, Aravane certainly upped her game from yesterday. She's a totally different player when her 1st serve percentage goes up. Of course, most are. I am really happy to see that Aravane is showing good consistency from match to match. Even in her losses this year, she has been very competitive. I still don't know how she managed to lose to Pavlyuchenkova in Miami, having three match points at 40-0 on her serve, and I was sitting in the front row. Then the A-Rad match. But anyway, she was getting close to breaking through and as of late she is playing beautifully. I hope she stays healthy and her confidence stays up because she is breathtaking to watch when she plays well.

Kudryavtseva has had some good results on grass so that match will be tough, but Aravane can do it!

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 03:21 PM   #28
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Aravane through a very tough match: 76(12) 36 62 over Alla.

She should have won the first set more easily since she was twice a break up. The Russian fought back and overall led the tie-break with an early 52 lead and two SPs on her own serve. Aravane proved she belongs to another league as she took the first set letting Alla self-destruct on 2 DF in a row. Sadly she didn't keep the momentum in the 2nd set despite an early BP. It doesn't matter much in the end as she totally dominated the last set . It's a pretty good win, despite her opponent's low level of confidence. It's good to see Aravane playing as many matches as possible before Wimbledon. I doubt she can be seeded for this event so she better be ready for any first round possible.

She will play Li later in the afternoon. Another top 20 challenge! Good luck .

Old Jun 11th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #29
country flag Bероника

Well done,Aravane!!!

Li she's dangerous on grass.Best of luck,Aravane!!!
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #30
country flag Iceland
From island to island

She lost 75 64 to Na . Not a bad loss at all, it's just sad she couldn't hold her nerves to hold at 56 and 45. Got broken twice for the set...
Does anyone know if she plays next week too?