** Videos and Photos ** - Page 63 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 04:31 PM   #931
country flag jiffster

jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all
Re: 2012 Sony Ericsson Open

Practice pictures I shot of Alizé before her first round match with Peer at the Sony Ericsson Open. Enjoy!!

jiffster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #932
country flag jiffster

jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all
Re: ** Videos and Photos **

HowardH was talking about Alize's backhand being a weakness. I agree that it certainly can be, but I think sometimes her backhand can also be quite effective.

She hits it generally in two different ways...in a proper right foot forward position, and also in an open stance. You can see the difference between these two shots in the sequences below. When she gets herself in proper position and hits off her right foot she can generate a lot of pace and precision with this shot. You can see that she does have some follow through in her swing, as well as some low to high movement which generates some topspin. When she is hitting it well, it can be more of a weapon than her forehand. True, it is still a pretty flat shot, which keeps the ball low and with pace which can be hard to handle for her opponents. At times she was really hitting this shot well in Miami and it put a lot of pressure on her opposition.

Too often, however, she hits this shot with an open stance. Since she is not stepping into it, and strikes the ball with both feet off the ground, she generates very little pace. In this shot you can see that her followthrough is shorter, and the racquet head stays pretty level generating no topspin. The lack of topspin makes it more prone to errors. She does tend to block the ball back sometimes in this open stance, which is a very defensive shot. I think when she plays against the big hitters on fast surfaces she sometimes relies too much on this open stance position. To me, this open stance technique is the biggest problem with her backhand. But, when she steps into it and plays aggressively, it can be pretty deadly.

Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 08:25 PM   #933
country flag Laechler

Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of

Laechler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 06:58 AM   #934
country flag Laechler

Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of

Laechler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #935
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Great work as always Laechler.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #936
country flag jiffster

Old Apr 27th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #937
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Great photosequence again Jiffster!

However the photosequences are very big, so maybe do it with a thumbnail? I use the free online service Imgur to create them, like this:

If you click on the large thumbnails it takes you to the big original version.

When I put the image on imgur it actually creates several sizes, they can be accessed here: http://imgur.com/IB8VX
http://imgur.com/jY09A,wP7qL

Poor baby

Last edited by HowardH : Apr 27th, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:36 AM   #938
country flag cemozen

cemozen is a glorious beacon of light cemozen is a glorious beacon of light cemozen is a glorious beacon of light cemozen is a glorious beacon of light cemozen is a glorious beacon of light cemozen is a glorious beacon of light cemozen is a glorious beacon of light cemozen is a glorious beacon of light cemozen is a glorious beacon of light cemozen is a glorious beacon of light cemozen is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Alize Cornet - Pictures

cemozen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #939
dafca

dafca is just really nice dafca is just really nice dafca is just really nice dafca is just really nice dafca is just really nice dafca is just really nice dafca is just really nice dafca is just really nice dafca is just really nice dafca is just really nice dafca is just really nice

Video from sparta prague open: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Endz-...eature=mh_lolz photos from sparta prague open: http://dafcadafca.rajce.idnes.cz/Alize_Cornet
dafca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #940
country flag HowardH

Thank you dafca.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:02 PM   #941
country flag HowardH

Much thanks to TF's resident photgrapher Rick. Alize's looking good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix643 View Post
Cornet
Old May 24th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #942
country flag HowardH

Thanks again to Rick:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix643 View Post

And one I found online. Judging from the outfit it seems to be from an earlier round:

Last edited by HowardH : May 24th, 2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old May 26th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #943
country flag ralfreinecke

ralfreinecke has a brilliant future ralfreinecke has a brilliant future ralfreinecke has a brilliant future ralfreinecke has a brilliant future ralfreinecke has a brilliant future ralfreinecke has a brilliant future ralfreinecke has a brilliant future ralfreinecke has a brilliant future ralfreinecke has a brilliant future ralfreinecke has a brilliant future ralfreinecke has a brilliant future

I hope she will smile after Schiavone like
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ralfrei...in/photostream
ralfreinecke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 07:05 AM   #944
country flag McPie
What Now

McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute

long time now, I believe I made it for 2 or 3 months now

The McFanPage | The McTwit | The McThread 4 | The McList on IMDb | The McTumblr | The McStagram
Proud Older Stepsister of Natasha Nicole, TF Transgender Female Lesbian Duo
McPie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #945
country flag HowardH

It's good! I can totally recognise her in your drawing.