Marion Proves She's Not a Fluke - ONTO GRASS/WIMBLEDON! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 11th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #16
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marion Proves She's Not a Fluke - ONTO GRASS/WIMBLEDON!

Marion finishes on bagel. Lost 75 46 06. She deserved it. 17 DFs are to mention as well.
I hope she gives up on the idea of showing up in Wimbledon. With all the press, it's going to be uglier than this.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 11th, 2008, 04:02 PM   #17
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Well,Marionettes,I went into the archives to get a handle on the humiliation somewhat,and I discovered that the rapidly-improving Cetkovska actually won a grass-court tournament(ITF) last year called "Felixstowe";therefore,she's not a complete joke on this surface.Still,it's hard to face up to this sad decline in Marion so I'd cling to almost anything halfway-logical right now...if Seles could make a comeback from her stabbing,then I'll hold out that Marion can somehow find her way back.MARION

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #18
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Marion

Just do something different- whatever you're doing is NOT working!!!!
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #19
country flag Poova

Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute

Marion should take a break. Forget about Wimbledon - she's not going to defend any of those points, so it won't make any difference if she plays or not. Focus on getting fit and improving her serve etc. I don't know how low she has to go before Walter et all do something about it tbh. And I don't really want to find out either.
Poova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #20
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

A report of a poster of the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jean* View Post
Report of Wednesday

Cetkovska/Bartoli
Marion played porrly, especially the serve. But she deserved to win, Cetkovska is just a bad player hitting the ball back and showing off. One of the players I don't like.
Bartoli tried a lot of different things, she was lucky to win the first set though.
She was crying at the end, and her father was talking to her badly, but well he's a coach...
A problem with her right wrist is also to mention, she said that in her interview after her loss. She explained that she never felt physically at her best this year, either tired, ill or suffering from somewhere. I would say this is due to her bad shape that favours more this kind of injuries because the more tired you are, the more prone to physical problems you get.
Apparently she will withdraw from Eastbourne and may not play Wimbledon.

I also hope, like you Loose, that she changes something in her way of training, hiring a proper coach for example. Her father has done many things for her, but she needs a physical trainer & advice to make her game evoluate in the right way. She has to stop entering the court to return 1st serves for example. She is playing way flatter than last year, she seemed more in control of her shots before. I watched today some of her matches to compare, she had a limited number of UE. That was one of her best assets and Marion seems to have forgotten that.

Please Marion, work on your shape and your tennis will be back.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Jun 11th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #21
country flag Iceland
From island to island

From the WTAtour.com

Top seed Marion Bartoli, hoping to rebound from a first round loss at Roland Garros on what became her most successful surface a year ago, fell at the first hurdle of her 2008 grass court debut, dropping a 57 64 60 decision to Petra Cetkovska. Bartoli took the first set and, at 4-all, had two points to hold for 5-4 in the second set. But she crumbled from there, losing nine of the last 11 points of the second set and winning just nine points in a lopsided, 18-minute third set to suffer a devastating setback.
"My serve was becoming more and more difficult due to my injury; but I don't like to retire during a match unless I really have to, because I like to be fair to everybody," said Bartoli, who is still struggling with a right wrist injury she suffered at Strasbourg the week before Roland Garros. "I used to be in great shape but now I always seem to have an injury and I'm not always 100%.
"There's a danger I may miss Wimbledon if it doesn't get better; it would be very disappointing, especially after last year."

Old Jun 11th, 2008, 08:28 PM   #22
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute

Marion Hope you can get over this rough patch.
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 08:34 PM   #23
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Oh Marion I will be so sad if she misses Wimbledon, but of course if her wrist injury is too serious, she shouldn't try to compete and make it worse.

Maybe you guys are right about hiring a different coach to her father, I don't know. Last year she did so well, they had to be doing something right together. Unless we are to really believe that reaching the Wimbledon final last year was a fluke, which I don't believe in the slightest. Maybe it is all a combination of injuries, lack of confidence and the pressure she must have felt to live up to people's expectations after making so much improvement, so quickly. I just hope she can turn it around.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 12:21 AM   #24
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

oh dear

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 02:16 AM   #25
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

on a lighter note, i'm loving the little pigtails
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 07:23 PM   #26
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

You can Here a Camille drop in here . .

Looks like a 2nd round tie against Bammer in Eastboune. Marion beat her in Linz if I recall.

Cummon gents and boys.. Cheer on mon cherie Marion!!
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #27
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
You can Here a Camille drop in here . .

Looks like a 2nd round tie against Bammer in Eastboune. Marion beat her in Linz if I recall.

Cummon gents and boys.. Cheer on mon cherie Marion!!
Bammer apparently made some snotty,Eurotrash-type comments about Ana,so it won't be difficult for me to cheer on Marion in this match.

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 09:38 PM   #28
country flag Poova

Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute

*sigh* I thought she was going to withdraw from Eastbourne?

Well, she has a decent draw to the QF. But she can lose to anybody these days so I'm not sure if such a thing exists with Marion any more.
Poova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 12:18 AM   #29
country flag bruce goose

For ALL Marionettes:Bammer won one qualifying round at Wimby '05 and two in '06.In 2007,she won two matches at Eastbourne and was eliminated in the 2nd Round of the MD at Wimbledon.She got her ass kicked by Melanie South in her 1st match at Birmingham THIS year.She is clearly no grass-court juggernaut and I'm hoping for a Marion victory!

Old Jun 16th, 2008, 09:02 AM   #30
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Sybille made the QF here last year and had a very tight match with Petrova so she's at least comfortable on the surface. The sad truth is anyone can beat Marion right now.

Marion really could not have a better section of the draw though. Azarenka is not very comfortable on grass. Bammer is slumping just like her right now. Marion really should not lose to anyone before the SF and I'm really hoping she can at least win a match. Anything will do right now.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote