Jarmila on Grass! WIMBLEDON! - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 19th, 2008, 12:26 PM   #211
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jarmila on Grass! WIMBLEDON!

And she loses her serve again...3-6 4-5
Advertisement

Old Jun 19th, 2008, 01:21 PM   #212
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

Cmon Jarka!
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 01:31 PM   #213
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

How depressing. Jarka's ranking is going to drop big time.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 01:35 PM   #214
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

baddddddd
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 05:07 PM   #215
country flag slamman

slamman has disabled reputation

Thats really tough because I believed Jarka would beat Strycova today. There were enough opportunities for her to win and these are the matches that really matter and can make such a huge difference.

The bottomline is she lost today because of one reason and that was her serve which should be her weapon and on grass I felt thats where she had a big edge over Strycova but her serving let her down today and when it mattered most. I said yesterday that this match would be decided on how Jarka serves, it was all about her not Strycova, had she served better and been more disciplined and focused on those key games I have no doubt she could have won.

The facts are Jarka lost her serve twice in both sets at critical times which especially on grass for someone with her serving potential is not right. She has I consider one of the best serves on the tour but did not serve to her potential when it mattered. Yes 1 break ok , you can lose a little focus throw in a cheap point or 2 and the other girl comes up with a few great returns thats fair enough but she got broken 4 times in those 2 sets at key moments and thats where she lost the match. Against someone of Strycova's ability on the return game its very tough to lose serve twice a set and expect to win.

Whenever she had the chance to really put Strycova under pressure she was too "loose" and gave away that chance. For me this match was 30% about Strycova and 70% about Jarka. Whenever the momentum was turning Jarka's way she did not capitalise.

In both sets she went down a break but did a great job to fight back only to fail to consolidate on her own serve and this area should be her biggest strength. In the 1st set 4-3 down she lost her serve from 40-15 up , a game she had to win and that cost her the set, that was a huge game and had she held then the pressure was really on Strycova.

In the 2nd it was the similar , she dropped serve at 2-2 got down 4-2 and did a great job to break back at on that 4-3 game to level for 4-4only to lose her serve again at the most critical time and that cost her the match. Strycova was vulnerable at those key moments in both sets at 4-3 15-40 1st set and 4-4 2nd set and the momentum was definately on Jarka's side. I believe had she converted and taken care of serve Strycova would have folded and Jarka would have won I have no doubts.

A real shame because this match was hers to win and would have been a big one for her !
slamman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 01:04 AM   #216
country flag Money Penny

Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamman View Post
Thats really tough because I believed Jarka would beat Strycova today. There were enough opportunities for her to win and these are the matches that really matter and can make such a huge difference.

The bottomline is she lost today because of one reason and that was her serve which should be her weapon and on grass I felt thats where she had a big edge over Strycova but her serving let her down today and when it mattered most. I said yesterday that this match would be decided on how Jarka serves, it was all about her not Strycova, had she served better and been more disciplined and focused on those key games I have no doubt she could have won.

The facts are Jarka lost her serve twice in both sets at critical times which especially on grass for someone with her serving potential is not right. She has I consider one of the best serves on the tour but did not serve to her potential when it mattered. Yes 1 break ok , you can lose a little focus throw in a cheap point or 2 and the other girl comes up with a few great returns thats fair enough but she got broken 4 times in those 2 sets at key moments and thats where she lost the match. Against someone of Strycova's ability on the return game its very tough to lose serve twice a set and expect to win.

Whenever she had the chance to really put Strycova under pressure she was too "loose" and gave away that chance. For me this match was 30% about Strycova and 70% about Jarka. Whenever the momentum was turning Jarka's way she did not capitalise.

In both sets she went down a break but did a great job to fight back only to fail to consolidate on her own serve and this area should be her biggest strength. In the 1st set 4-3 down she lost her serve from 40-15 up , a game she had to win and that cost her the set, that was a huge game and had she held then the pressure was really on Strycova.

In the 2nd it was the similar , she dropped serve at 2-2 got down 4-2 and did a great job to break back at on that 4-3 game to level for 4-4only to lose her serve again at the most critical time and that cost her the match. Strycova was vulnerable at those key moments in both sets at 4-3 15-40 1st set and 4-4 2nd set and the momentum was definately on Jarka's side. I believe had she converted and taken care of serve Strycova would have folded and Jarka would have won I have no doubts.

A real shame because this match was hers to win and would have been a big one for her !
Who are you slamman? You sound to me like more than just a fan! I've read what you have posted about jarka, and only jarka. You sound to me like her coach or boyfriend. Obviously you are someone who is trying to get a message across to her
Money Penny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote