Only 6 of 16 fourth rounders - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 31st, 2008, 05:00 PM   #1
country flag Aryman3

Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future
Only 6 of 16 fourth rounders

For the first time in my memory all 16 survivors to the 4 round of GS are Europeans.
In comparision with last years last 16 of Rolland Garros only 6 names repeat themselves. It's certainly beginning of new era
Aryman3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2008, 05:01 PM   #2
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Only 6 of 16 fourth rounders

Exciting times in women's tennis.

I hope a teenage champion emerges within the next year or so.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 05:01 PM   #3
country flag A'DAM

A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future

Thats a very impressive stats for europeans!!! But anyway clay is european speciality
Old May 31st, 2008, 05:36 PM   #4
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaSlam588 View Post
Exciting times in women's tennis.

I hope a teenage champion emerges within the next year or so.
Next year. This year I want to see the Grande Dame of the Sweet 16 finally win one.

(If she's not the grande dame, she's one of 'em anyway).
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 05:39 PM   #5
country flag A'DAM

A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future

I have checked the draw and what you say is not correct!!!

Sharapova is not European!!!

She was born in Syberia (Asia) and live her whole life in USA so there is no way you can call her European!!!
Old May 31st, 2008, 05:41 PM   #6
country flag hayleytrotter
Ana and Maria - Slam Champs 08!

hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold hayleytrotter is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Next year. This year I want to see the Grande Dame of the Sweet 16 finally win one.

(If she's not the grande dame, she's one of 'em anyway).
Uh, huh??

Cornet Henin Ivanovic Jankovic Kuznetsova Kirilenko Mauresmo Navratilova
hayleytrotter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 08:21 PM   #7
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Good thread. A new era indeed.

At the start of the year I thought this looked like a year of upheaval, transition and change and it has so far certainly lived up to that. The veteran players haven't disappeared completely and Serena Williams particularly impressed during Miami and Charleston but overall it has been a year which has seen great progress from many young players and most of the veterans struggling. Dementieva, the Williams sisters and Schynder have all resisted pretty well for the most part but more and more the game is now in the under 25s hands.
Old May 31st, 2008, 08:39 PM   #8
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by A'DAM View Post

She was born in Syberia (Asia) and live her whole life in USA so there is no way you can call her European!!!
So that makes her an Asian-American ?
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 08:50 PM   #9
country flag M-K

M-K has much to be proud of M-K has much to be proud of M-K has much to be proud of M-K has much to be proud of M-K has much to be proud of M-K has much to be proud of M-K has much to be proud of M-K has much to be proud of M-K has much to be proud of M-K has much to be proud of M-K has much to be proud of

I'm so excited about this!! To see all the new up-and-coming players!! It's starting to get interesting again with new players in the last rounds of every tournament almost!!
I really hope for a teenage-winner here in Roland Garros!!
M-K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:14 PM   #10
country flag A'DAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homogenius View Post
So that makes her an Asian-American ?

Dont know but surely does not make her European
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:18 PM   #11
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

her parents arent from Siberia
her parents only stayed in Siberia for about a 18 months or so cos of "that nuclear disaster"
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:37 PM   #12
country flag A'DAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
her parents arent from Siberia
her parents only stayed in Siberia for about a 18 months or so cos of "that nuclear disaster"
Well my parents are not Polish but I was born there and guess what I have Polish nationality
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:38 PM   #13
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't matter where Sharapova is from. She's lived most of her life in the US, is living out the American dream, and when she speaks Russian she has an American accent, whereas she has almost no Russian accent when she speaks English. The girl is American whether she thinks so or not.
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:41 PM   #14
country flag A'DAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankqq View Post
It doesn't matter where Sharapova is from. She's lived most of her life in the US, is living out the American dream, and when she speaks Russian she has an American accent, whereas she has almost no Russian accent when she speaks English. The girl is American whether she thinks so or not.
Sorry but stop with that American dream shit!!! Most of people in America dream of health care or beeing able to pay their mortage (This is the real Amercian dream!!!)
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:48 PM   #15
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry but stop with that American dream shit!!! Most of people in America dream of health care or beeing able to pay their mortage (This is the real Amercian dream!!!)

I'm not going to get into a debate about this. I never said the US was pefect and I know a lot of people aren't well off and are struggling (you'll find that in every country, mind you), but I'm talking about Sharapova, who has a dream life. The idea that whoever you are, no matter where you're from, you have the possibility to take your hard work/intelligence/talent/skill and make a nice life out of it. That's the American dream. Many of the foreign and domestic players owe their time spent in the US for their current success.

Let's not debate politics here.

Last edited by hankqq : May 31st, 2008 at 09:59 PM.
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote