Has Serena lost motivation now that there are no worthy rivals? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 30th, 2008, 05:35 PM   #1
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute
Has Serena lost motivation now that there are no worthy rivals?

With Justine gone, Serena really has nothing left to fight for. Her title as greatest of her generation is safe, she has the career slam. She's clearly better than all of the current "top" players. Do you think Justine was what motivated her to return to her best form, and she will now lose that again?

SERENA WILLIAMS 64 75 AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 61 57 60 LAUREN DAVIS 60 76
CAMILA GIORGI 46 63 75 BOJANA JOVANOVSKI 63 36 75 VENUS WILLIAMS 64 76
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 62 62 EKATERINA MAKAROVA 64 62 ANA IVANOVIC 63 64
Kworb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #2
country flag Aaron.
She's coming for your faves wigs

Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Has Serena lost motivation now that there are no worthy rivals?

Aaron. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #3
country flag SharapovaFan16

SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future SharapovaFan16 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kworb View Post
With Justine gone, Serena really has nothing left to fight for. Her title as greatest of her generation is safe, she has the career slam. She's clearly better than all of the current "top" players. Do you think Justine was what motivated her to return to her best form, and she will now lose that again?
Honestly what are you talking about? If you need other players to motivate you into being the best in any given sport than you my friend aren't a competitor. All Serena needs is herself and that is motivation enough. Why are you trying to stir up trouble with a brainless post?

Go crawl back into your hole where you belong, you sound like an idiot.
SharapovaFan16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:39 PM   #4
country flag Mashafaaaaan

Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold

Good for Sharapova
Mashafaaaaan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #5
country flag Paul.be

Paul.be is a splendid one to behold Paul.be is a splendid one to behold Paul.be is a splendid one to behold Paul.be is a splendid one to behold Paul.be is a splendid one to behold Paul.be is a splendid one to behold Paul.be is a splendid one to behold Paul.be is a splendid one to behold Paul.be is a splendid one to behold Paul.be is a splendid one to behold Paul.be is a splendid one to behold

The poor thing is completely lost now Justine is gone.

What is Superman without Lex Luthor or Sherlock Holmes without Dr. Moriarty. (I let you decide who ressembles who.)
Paul.be is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:44 PM   #6
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute

She's just lost motivation because she doesn't seem to care anymore. She's probably burned out.

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
matty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:44 PM   #7
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

this post

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:46 PM   #8
country flag sunset

sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future sunset has a brilliant future

Quote:

Serena got smoked in straight sets by a 27 year old woman who has never even come close to beating a top player. 27 lets see, thats about 82 years old in tennis years.

This chapter is closed. Time for the new generation of stars to shine.
sunset is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:51 PM   #9
country flag Shimizu Amon

Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future

4452... Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria's Official Slayer of the Maria Mafia

Devoted to Maria Sharapova, Mary Pierce and Steffi Graf
Shimizu Amon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:52 PM   #10
country flag ZeroSOFInfinity
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.

ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If she loses motivation now, might as well follow Justine into retirement, since she lost the "fire".

Then again, I don't think so.

Australian Open 2010 Final Result:-
Lost to Serena Williams 4-6, 6-3, 2-6 (Great job, girl! Now prepare for FO!)
ZeroSOFInfinity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #11
country flag Craigy

Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
Serena got smoked in straight sets by a 27 year old woman who has never even come close to beating a top player.
Shows how much you know about tennis.
And it's always hilarious how you come posting when Serena loses and you're nowhere to be found when she's winning. Such a coward.

twitter tumblr
Craigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:55 PM   #12
country flag Craigy

Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, threads like these are pointless. Serena lost fair and square. Just accept it and move on.

twitter tumblr
Craigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 06:29 PM   #13
country flag Malva

Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kworb, this is an ultimate sarcasm; you are a master of the genre.
Malva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 06:49 PM   #14
ladydiana

ladydiana is a splendid one to behold ladydiana is a splendid one to behold ladydiana is a splendid one to behold ladydiana is a splendid one to behold ladydiana is a splendid one to behold ladydiana is a splendid one to behold ladydiana is a splendid one to behold ladydiana is a splendid one to behold ladydiana is a splendid one to behold ladydiana is a splendid one to behold ladydiana is a splendid one to behold

I am a big Serena fan, but she just got whipped by Katrina Srebotnik. You have to give Katrina her props for going out there with a game plan and executing it and winning the game fair and square.
I keep repeating what BJK states all the time, and that is it doesn't matter what a player does before a grand slam, they have two weeks to play against a field of women who are eager to win and who has a 50% chance of winning just like the top players.
Don't listen to Pam, MJF, and Carillo automatically state that Serena is gonna be in the finals based on her past performance. They do that because they have to build up media attention.
Serena like all of the other players just needed to survive the first week and then turn it on during the second week. Those commentators talked about Venus so badly, then Maria had over 16 double faults and they made excuses for her.
Katrina wasn't intimidated and she's a good clay court player and she mixed up her game and ran Serena from side to side and Serena lost. She just did what Justine normally does.
But congrats to Katrina, and Serena will be okay. Serena will win other grand slams, it just won't be the FO this year. Serena will prepare for Wimbledon like Amelie Mauresmo and the other players who lost early.
Serena is a professional and she has to take her losses just like she has to take her wins. That's life.
ladydiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 06:52 PM   #15
Kenny
Team WTAworld

Kenny has a reputation beyond repute Kenny has a reputation beyond repute Kenny has a reputation beyond repute Kenny has a reputation beyond repute Kenny has a reputation beyond repute Kenny has a reputation beyond repute Kenny has a reputation beyond repute Kenny has a reputation beyond repute Kenny has a reputation beyond repute Kenny has a reputation beyond repute Kenny has a reputation beyond repute

Uhm.. hell no. She just had a BADDD day.