Interesting Articles/News about Justine - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 20th, 2008, 06:52 PM   #31
country flag shell

shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of
Re: Interesting Articles/News about Justine

Quote:
Originally Posted by emramsden View Post
"On the Baseline" reports a rumour that Anna Chakvetadze has started working with Carlos. If this is true then I'm glad because I like the way she plays.
I really wonder if this is true, or if it is just the Justine N1 connection. It would be an interesting twist.
shell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 21st, 2008, 05:09 PM   #32
country flag emramsden

emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all

Here's the rumour, as reported on tennis.com:

"Meanwhile, for those of you who haven't heard, it looks like Carlos Rodriguez, most recently the coach-for-life of the recently retired (but still French Open defending champion), Justine Henin, is probably going to coach Anna Chakvetadze.

"The two worked out together in Belgium recently and Rodriguez agreed in principle, although he insisted that he won't travel. This means that Chakvetadze will have to set up shop in Belgium (she currently lives in Moscow) to get the benefit of his full-service coaching (A hat tip for this update goes to my friend Bart Lagae of the Belgian daily, De Standaard).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell View Post
I really wonder if this is true, or if it is just the Justine N1 connection. It would be an interesting twist.
emramsden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2008, 06:46 PM   #33
country flag shell

shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of

Quote:

"Meanwhile, for those of you who haven't heard, it looks like Carlos Rodriguez, most recently the coach-for-life of the recently retired (but still French Open defending champion), Justine Henin, is probably going to coach Anna Chakvetadze.

"The two worked out together in Belgium recently and Rodriguez agreed in principle, although he insisted that he won't travel. This means that Chakvetadze will have to set up shop in Belgium (she currently lives in Moscow) to get the benefit of his full-service coaching (A hat tip for this update goes to my friend Bart Lagae of the Belgian daily, De Standaard).
Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for the update. I didn't think Carlos was keen on doing the traveling again, but I really didn't know if he would coach a WTA player again. Looks like he might very well. Well, Anna could use his insight and calm nature to settle her down. She has a great game, but the mental aspect needs some work. Carlos would be perfect for her.

Thanks again.
Old Jun 21st, 2008, 07:19 PM   #34
country flag j-fan

j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for the update. I didn't think Carlos was keen on doing the traveling again, but I really didn't know if he would coach a WTA player again. Looks like he might very well. Well, Anna could use his insight and calm nature to settle her down. She has a great game, but the mental aspect needs some work. Carlos would be perfect for her.

Thanks again.
Justine would be a tough act to follow for Anna. Good luck.

Adieu Justine. There'll never be another one like you

j-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 01:27 PM   #35
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future

OMGoooshh! I miss Justine!!

I was watching Serena and Kanepi and they showed commercials of Wimby;there She was, playing a slice with her lips drawn tightly together, all in white with a cap and little ponytail.

Aaaaaahh. I MISS HER!!!

Oh boy, it is hard. I know I whine every now and then, but I can't help it!.

She has taught me a very expensive lesson to learn, and that is to hold off on getting too attached to sporting figures etc.
vejh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:09 PM   #36
country flag snaily

snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice

Quote:

yes, the hungarian commentator already mentioned this during the second weak of RG though she was not 100% sure.
snaily is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:23 PM   #37
country flag snaily

snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vejh View Post
OMGoooshh! I miss Justine!!
Oh boy, it is hard. I know I whine every now and then, but I can't help it!.
I know vejh. It is only some of us are doing it quietly. A matter of personal style I guess. But we feel the same anyways.

Quote:
he has taught me a very expensive lesson to learn, and that is to hold off on getting too attached to sporting figures etc.
Yes, that is what my beloved Dr House would conclude. But I am not sure he is right in this. You miss out on living life to the full if you avoid being attached to people sport personalities or other. Pain is a part of life. Get used to it. (I am saying this not only after Ju shocking us, but after I actually watched my favorite race car driver off himself during a race in live TV coverage. I would never give the exhilaration of being his or Justine's fan for anything even if I could rid of the aftermath. But as they come in one package...).
Sorry about pretending to be the community philosopher. I usually do not do it.

Last edited by snaily : Jun 23rd, 2008 at 05:33 PM.
snaily is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 10:17 AM   #38
country flag explorer

explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of

Same here. I miss Justine so much. Her departure hits me hard. I only watched about 10 minutes of Woman's game in Wimby. It's so boring and poor comparing to man's game. I know I wouldn't attach to anyone. So at least I can save some time and emotion. But her departure also changes a bit of my mindset. I am more into "enjoy the moment" kind of mind now. Which is good I guess.
explorer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #39
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future

Me too; I'm all for enjoying the moment and forgetting the attachment to players.

I'm also working hard on developing my tennis game and mental fortitude.lol. I'll be the next Justine
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 04:04 PM   #40
country flag emramsden

emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all

At the moment I'm enjoying being relaxed about tennis! Normally I'd be totally stressed during Wimbledon. Even though there'll never be another player like Justine for me, I'll still enjoy following tennis and I'll still support other players.

Oh, and after yesterday's performance it looks like Chakvetadze really needs Carlos's help!
emramsden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #41
country flag vejh

^lucky you.lol

M still bitter. Although I totally enjoy watching men's tennis. On the other hand I am slightly bitter watching the WTA tour. And I am much happier when certain players don't win GS **cackles**
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 08:52 PM   #42
country flag j-fan

j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of

I can't watch women's game any more cause I can't stop thinking what if Justine were playing and how she would have run down those shots. And I know she would have won.

I still love tennis and I think it is the most beautiful game in the world. So I just watch men's matches now. Richard Gasquet's BH certainly resembles Justine's.

Old Jun 24th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #43
country flag shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-fan View Post
I can't watch women's game any more cause I can't stop thinking what if Justine were playing and how she would have run down those shots. And I know she would have won.

I still love tennis and I think it is the most beautiful game in the world. So I just watch men's matches now. Richard Gasquet's BH certainly resembles Justine's.
I just watch now with mild curiosity. Although, the last two afternoons, TTC has shown Eastbourne '06 and '07 finals, so I have been watching great grass court tennis with my favorite player. And the tension is eased knowing that Justine wins each time, so didn't have to sweat the third sets

But yes, mens tennis is the only one I will really be watching until something changes in the womens game that I now see little of interest in.
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 11:31 PM   #44
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just watch now with mild curiosity. Although, the last two afternoons, TTC has shown Eastbourne '06 and '07 finals, so I have been watching great grass court tennis with my favorite player. And the tension is eased knowing that Justine wins each time, so didn't have to sweat the third sets

But yes, mens tennis is the only one I will really be watching until something changes in the womens game that I now see little of interest in.
Wish I had Tenis Channel. Would love to see the 07 final against Amelie!
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 01:09 AM   #45
country flag j-fan

From Sports Illustrated:

Jon Wertheim
INSIDE TENNIS
Fifty parting shots from Wimbledon (one of the fifty shots):

• "Hello! My name is Justine Henin. Some of you might remember me from such hits as The Little Ingenue that Could, Damn the Torpedoes: the French Open story, 2005-07. I made a decision to retire from tennis a few weeks back! See that bruise on my backside? It's from where I've been kicking myself for having passed up a chance to have won my first Wimbledon!"

For a change, I agree with Wertheim.