Interesting Articles/News about Justine - Page 130 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #1936
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Interesting Articles/News about Justine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post

Juju just gets no respect sometimes in GM I'm afraid.

Also, about Na, there's definitely quite a bit of Henin in her game now. I don't like it tbh; Na Li is 30 years old, I'd rather see Carlos coaching a new young teen prospect.
Yeah I know. Even Mauresmo. I mean.... gosh , I used to dislike her a lot for obvious reasons, but gosh her game was great and deserves more respect.

Yeah I totally agree too. I miss rooting for a player like there's no tomorrow. Carlos is such a great coach, I am sure he could lead a promising teen player to multiple Slams.

I have Murray, but this is the ATP... sure the quality is way higher there but... and his matches against Djokovic often bore me, except during crucial points of course. And tbh, Justine made me love tennis, so it's logical I would stick more to the WTA than the ATP.
Do you like ATP ?
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #1937
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesborah View Post
Yeah I know. Even Mauresmo. I mean.... gosh , I used to dislike her a lot for obvious reasons, but gosh her game was great and deserves more respect.

Yeah I totally agree too. I miss rooting for a player like there's no tomorrow. Carlos is such a great coach, I am sure he could lead a promising teen player to multiple Slams.

I have Murray, but this is the ATP... sure the quality is way higher there but... and his matches against Djokovic often bore me, except during crucial points of course. And tbh, Justine made me love tennis, so it's logical I would stick more to the WTA than the ATP.
Do you like ATP ?
Yeah, I'm just a fan of tennis so both ATP/WTA are good to me.

..and yes Murray-Djokovic matches are usually quite terrible. Especially the last one in the AO F..
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #1938
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Do you also post on TF ?
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #1939
debby

Meant MTF....
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #1940
country flag j-fan

j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post

Juju just gets no respect sometimes in GM I'm afraid.

Also, about Na, there's definitely quite a bit of Henin in her game now. I don't like it tbh; Na Li is 30 years old, I'd rather see Carlos coaching a new young teen prospect.

I agree Carlos is a genius - who could have recognized the potential in a small and skinny 14 year old. But to find another one is going to be impossible.

Adieu Justine. There'll never be another one like you

j-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #1941
country flag j-fan

j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of

Congratulations Justine. Hope she will become a tennis star someday just like her mom.

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #1942
country flag j-fan

Still gives me goose bumps to see Justine's name mentioned.

Belgium courts trouble in Fed Cup

Updated: April 9, 2013, 4:30 PM ET

Associated Press

BRUSSELS -- Not so long ago, Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin were dominating women's tennis and turning little Belgium into a force.

Now, Belgium is facing the prospect of dropping into the third tier of the Fed Cup because the federation is unwilling -- or unable -- to pay for the surface its players prefer.

Against Poland in the World Group II playoffs, Belgium chose to play on an indoor hardcourt when its players are gearing up for the red clay season in Europe. The switch for one weekend did not sit well.

"We are preparing for clay and Belgium says hardcourt," said Rudi Kuyl, the spokesman for Yanina Wickmayer, who confirmed Tuesday that she won't play against Poland.

Kirsten Flipkens, ranked No. 23 and Belgium's current top player, waited until the last moment before making her decision Tuesday for the April 20-21 best-of-five series.

"Confirmation : i DO play fed cup," she said on Twitter, adding its wasn't an easy decision.

Flipkens will be the only top-100 player that fourth-ranked Agnieszka Radwanska and sister Urszula will face. It is a far cry from the days when Clijsters and Henin vied for the No. 1 ranking and led Belgium to the Fed Cup title in 2001 and the final in 2006.

In fact, the last time Clijsters played Fed Cup was also the last time Belgium won, beating the United States 4-1 in February 2011. What followed were four straight losses as Belgium dropped from the elite World Group to World Group II, and now the playoffs to stay out of the Europe-Africa continental zone.

Even with the 35th-ranked Wickmayer, it would have been tough going against Poland. Belgium's No. 2 instead will be 181st-ranked Alison Van Uytvanck. An-Sophie Mestach is next at No. 330 in the WTA rankings.

When it came to picking a surface, Walter Goethals, the secretary general of the federation organizing the match, said he was always in a bind.

"We had to take a decision on business logic two months ago," Goethals told The Associated Press. "We didn't know at the time whether they (Flipkens and Wickmayer) were going to play."

Since the weather doesn't facilitate playing outdoors in Belgium in mid-April, the federation would have to prepare an indoor clay court, and Goethals said it was simply too expensive.

"I won't mention any prices but in the past, in Fed Cup and Davis Cup, we have lost a lot of money. And we cannot afford that anymore," Goethals said.

Wickmayer has a history of back problems and had to pull out because of the court.

"Surface changes can be bad and have affected Yanina before," Kuyl said. "Now her coach is saying, `Sorry, we are preparing clay season and Stuttgart." The German indoor clay tournament starts the day after the Fed Cup weekend.

Another issue is ranking points, Goethals said.

"Fed Cup has none and so it comes second," he said.

If Belgium loses to Poland and drops a division, Goethals fears his top players might not return, although that could bring some positives.

"Then we might have to rely on youth and precocious talent," he said. "That is also how Clijsters and Henin pushed through."

Old May 27th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #1943
country flag j-fan

The French Open is on again. The best of time, the worst of time.

Old May 28th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #1944
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

Goffin reminds me a bit of Ju.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #1945
country flag cecilija

cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Same here.

Also the same nasal vowel in the surname. :P
cecilija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #1946
country flag explorer

explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
I think the same. He has a good game to watch. But I would suggest he gain a few pounds.
explorer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #1947
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

He had the worst possible draw, especially since he was defending a motherload of points here
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 01:47 AM   #1948
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future

Just a snippet about Ju. Just solidifies my contention that she (her game) was admired by quite a few ATP pros. That is quite a compliment for me..ahem..her.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hingis was able to return six of Roddick’s seven serves, and she and her partner, Leander Paes, won five of the six ensuing points. The performance left Roddick, who retired from the tour last September, with little doubt about Hingis’s chances of a successful return to top-level competition.

“She has probably the best racket skills of any female player I’ve seen, maybe her and Justine,” Roddick said, referring to the retired Justine Henin. “If she’s playing doubles and the ball comes to her, she doesn’t miss many. She’s going to be the smartest one out there. Yeah, I’m not worried about her chances.”
vejh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #1949
pigam

pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute

DAVENPORT is such a caniving little bitch...

It's so Obvious, some players of Ju's generation are onbviously still jealous of her and sort of "ganging up on her"...

Well, it shows their true colours. I just don't think a commentator should be allowed to be thàt blatantly personal. I've listened to Lindsay @ Wimbledon. In almost every match she commented on (I'm not kidding) she tried to tarnish Ju's personality. In one match she even said that the medical timeout during AO 2003 was blatant cheating by Ju

Justine: feb. 5, 2007:

"I hung on to tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years. It is something that is in me, it is me."
pigam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 03:36 AM   #1950
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future

I have noticed Linds' little remarks about Ju for a long time now. I thought it was just my bad luck, but apparently she really dislikes her for some reason.

She is really childish. It just goes to show just because one ages, marries, become parents, etc doesn't make one mature.

I think Ju went through alot on tour; she got a lot of attitude from these little girls.

Linds could learn alot about commentary from Ju. The American commentators for the most part, are unfortunately trite, and could care less about tennis. That whole mindset is what the WTA is also about. It will go nowhere fast.
vejh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote