Bogdan Elena - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 5th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #31
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Elena Bogdan (ROU), Storming Up The Ranks!

This is a really nice win.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2008, 08:40 PM   #32
country flag ciprianned

ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold

GL tomorow in SF EMA
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 11:56 AM   #33
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Elena has beaten Lenka Jurikova of Slovakia in the Roland Garros Girls Semi Finals 7-5 4-6 6-4 meaning we have an all Romanian Final.
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 11:59 AM   #34
country flag teo_honey

teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future

Tough match but good job! She definitely deserves this final, although I think Simona may be too much for her. We'll see!

SORANA CIRSTEA
~Haide MONICA & Edina!~
teo_honey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #35
country flag bestcormo

bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold

amazing!!
excellent job, Elena!!
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 12:56 PM   #36
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Tough match, she's showing a lot of heart in this tournament.

It would be so cool to see her win, but I like Simona a lot too so either one is fine with me. This has been a great event regardless.

Still rooting for Elena though, haide!
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #37
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

There are some quotes from Elena on the ITF Junior website after her win over Oudin.

“I was born on this surface,” said Bogdan. “I have played only on clay for my whole life. I played two weeks only on hard-courts and all my life has been on clay. It was an advantage today.”

Bogdan was quick to thank the ITF and the Grand Slams for their help in her budding career. “It’s a very important experience and a very nice experience. We are like a family together. We support each other and the coaches are very good,” she said. “I want to thank all the coaches of the team because they support us all very much. It’s so good, it’s great.”

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...rticleid=18780

There is also a picture of her in that link.
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 01:43 PM   #38
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen her playing and I like her style of game, she is smart on court and moves so well on clay.
Great drop-shots,solid from the baseline,nice touch in the net.
I watched in a Grade A tournament in Brazil at least twice matches of her.

I wrote in Roland Garros juniors thread before that the tournament started that she will do well in there and reach far,hopefully she is doing so well

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
*Furlanetto*CostaMelgar*Forte*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 11:37 PM   #39
country flag iPatty

“It means very much to me to be in the final,” said Bogdan. “I’ve never been in a final like this and also playing against another Romanian, a friend of mine means it’s going to be a very big match. It never happened before and it’s great.” Bogdan beat Lenka Jurikova of Slovakia 7-5, 4-6, 6-4 to earn her shot at the title and afterwards she admitted that the occasion had very nearly got to her in the semi-finals. “Today I was a little bit nervous. I don’t know why, but I was like dizzy because I was so nervous and I called the doctor. He gave me a pill but I think I was just a bit too nervous. It was good that I won.” When asked how she got past her bout of stage fright, Bogdan laughed and said: “I didn’t! I just fought and I tried to play my game and that’s how I got through. I’m a little bit tired after this match but I will recover.”

Bogdan and Halep are on good terms away from the court and once shared a coach, so there should be no surprises when they face each other on Sunday. “We are friends, we know each other very well,” said Bogdan. “I don’t think it makes it harder that she is a friend, I think it will be the same. It will be good that I know her game and that might make it easier but then she also knows how I play so we will see.” Bogdan also knows that she will have her work cut out against Halep, who has been enjoying a rich vein of form since the European clay-court season began and has won her last 11 matches, including a tournament victory in the Grade A Trofeo Bonfiglio in Milan.

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...rticleid=18785

Two pictures of her this time, she really wanted this final it seems. So emotional.
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 01:35 PM   #40
country flag iPatty

Elena lost the final 6-4 6-7(3) 6-2, but she fought so hard and gave Halep her toughest match of the week.

She was down 6-4 5-2 and I thought she would pull a Safina. But Simona was just too strong in the third set, hats off to her.

Fantastic week for Elena, and there are sure to be some pictures soon.
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 04:25 AM   #41
country flag iPatty

There are ten or so pictures of Elena on flickr.com, search her name and then choose "Most Recent" and you will see them. On a side note, she lost in the first round of a G1 in Germany this week, but I am not too worried about it. I am sure she was exhausted mentally and physically after such a taxing week. If she loses first round of her next tournament then I will think she is a one-surface wonder.
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 07:49 PM   #42
country flag iPatty

Elena is into the third round in Roehampton this week.
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 01:52 AM   #43
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Elena today at Wimbledon. It didn't go at all well. She lost 6-2 6-1 to Kristina Mladenovic in the junior Wimbledon event. She clearly had fitness problems and had the trainer on to help with what appeared to be either an upper thigh or lower back problem. She didn't move terribly well and looked pretty downcast. Credit to her for finishing the match. I could still detect quite a bit of talent and wouldn't read too much into this scoreline. She obviously has a decent future. I do get the impression though that clay will be a better surface for her than grass during her career.
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 03:42 PM   #44
country flag teo_honey

teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future

Oh so then that's what happened. Thanks for the report. Poor Elena! Better luck next time and get well!

SORANA CIRSTEA
~Haide MONICA & Edina!~
teo_honey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 10:16 PM   #45
country flag Dinayer
Bazinga! I dont care

Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi people

New fan here

I saw Elena at RG and she is amazing
Dinayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote