Jarka in the US - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 28th, 2008, 03:30 AM   #106
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Podme Jarka - Our Aussie takes to Clay

A 5-2 lead, should of taken her chances. but now she must look forward to the grass season. I didn't even expect her to qualify in the first place so she's done well from my perspective.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2008, 03:34 AM   #107
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^
Yes, that's true...she did very well to qualify, and in hindsight, must be playing a lot better than at the South Korean 25k's
Old May 28th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #108
country flag slamman

slamman has disabled reputation

Jarka played Sanchez 2 years ago in the Final of the $50k in Vittel and beat her very comfortably 6-4 6-0 !!! the fact is and with no disrespect to Sanchez , Jarka is on another level completely as a player to this level of opponent and should beat her ...my point is this was a great 1st rd draw in Paris for her and a huge opportunity for her and the reality is it is a match she should win. To me this shows up that she is still some way away from where she needs to be with her tennis ...she lost the 1st set yest from 5-2 up then went 5-0 down against an opponent that for Jarka should be a fairly routine match ...her game should not break down that quickly ( look at the unforced errors yest ) The fact is the Jarka of 2006 would never have lost that type of match yest even playing at her 50% and thats the reality.

In the qualies she did well of course to quali that is a great effort but it should also be put in the right perspective that 2 of the 3 girls she beat are not even ranked inside the top 200 !!! also in her last tournaments in Korea also she often struggled against players ranked outside 200 and for a player of her huge ability thats not right.

The fact is Sanchez is ranked just outside 100 ...thats her level 100-150 but Jarka,s talent and skill level is top 20 and thats where she belongs. But for Jarka to get back to where she was and where she heading at the end of 2006 certain critical changes must happen. Firstly she needs a world class coach working ONLY with her 1 on 1 because right now and for the last 8 months she has been "floating" ! a group situation or within a team program is not going to work for her as an individual ...you don,t see Ivanovic, Jankovic, Sharapova sharing these players are on a different level talent wise as is Jarka , she is a different talent than 99% of the others and needs special and total attention . That is what she was always use to a private high quality setup with a great support team with 100% the focus only on her 24/7. This is what got the best out of and when she seriously flourished and looked a top 10 player . She needs continuity with a coach not chopping and changing. She needs very good direction and guidence and discipline on a daily basis to "polish" her skills and to be able to get the very best out of her this is the ONLY way.

Jarka is still only 21 and can get back but as I say certain key changes must happen and fast ...but this should not be about if she can get back to the top 100 where she was already at 18 years old 2 years ago ...Yes she can but even if she does its a long way from where her true potential lays ...this is about her window of opportunity to still become a top 20-10 player but that window is not open forever but she needs to be the one to make the changes nesessary to make this happen, lets hope she does she is to great a talent to be missing great opportunities like yesterday !
slamman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2008, 11:00 PM   #109
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with a lot of what you say^^^
Old May 28th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #110
country flag OZTENNIS

From TA:

Tennis player Jarmila Gajdosova today asked for understanding in her native Slovakia and adopted home of Australia over her bid to change nationality.

The 21-year-old qualifier bowed out in the first round of the French Open, losing to local wildcard entrant Olivia Sanchez as rain made a mess of the schedule for a second day.

Despite being granted permanent residency and training at the Australian Institute of Sport [AIS], Gajdosova is still considered Slovak by tennis authorities as she awaits citizenship.

So, while she plays with SVK next to her name at Roland Garros, she says she still feels as though she is representing Australia on the court.

"I do live in Australia and I train there and all my friends are there as well and all the coaches," Gajdosova said.

"I was born in Slovakia and my parents are still there, so I can't say I'm not Slovakian.

"But I play for Australia, I like it there and I'll be living there, so I have to say I'm Australian as well."

The logic is not easily understood by detractors in both countries.

Some feel she has turned her back on her homeland, while the move has raised questions over the allocation of training resources to home-grown prospects in Australia.

"It's hard for people to understand why or where did it come from and understand why I'm doing that, so for sure I get it from both sides," Gajdosova said.

"Hopefully in time they will understand why and they will see the reason, that it's not really about trying to say that I don't like Slovakia or I don't want to be there, but it's just really good for my tennis and I just love the country [Australia], so that's as simple as it is.

"I've got good support from the AIS and everyone so it's good help for me for my tennis."

Anastasia Rodionova is in a similar situation this week in Paris, being listed as Russian in the draw even though she has permanent residency in Australia.

Gajdosova moved to Sydney at the age of 16 when she was working with Australian coach Simon Walsh.

"I enjoyed being there and I fell in love with the place," she said.

So much so that while her brother has visited her in Australia, she has not been back to see her parents.

"I always make sure they see pictures," Gajdosova said.

"My brother has seen where I live and where I train and he lets them know it's all ok. They're happy for me.

"Hopefully I can bring them to Australian and they can see with their own eyes how good it is."

She now splits her time between Melbourne and Canberra.

Since September 2006, Gajdosova has seen her ranking slip from a career-high 64 to 195 after a prolonged battle with injury and illness.

Today's performance was an erratic one from Gajdosova, who blew a 3-0 lead in the first set and fought back from 5-0 down in the second before the 114th-ranked Sanchez prevailed.

"Hopefully it's going to be the turnaround in the year so I can get back where I was," she said.

The match had been postponed the previous day, delayed by three hours today and was interrupted for another three hours.

Only 13 of the 72 matches scheduled today were completed and 16 were suspended part-way through.
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 12:16 AM   #111
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Well i dunno why... but instead of doing the sensible thing and going to USA preparing for a big hardcourt season, Jarmila is back on the clay in $100k Cuneo. She is top seed in qualifying, unlucky not to make MD.

QR1: Gajdosova d. Frederica Di Sarra ITA (wc) 5/7 6/2 2/4 ret.

For her opponent to retire while 2 games away from winning suggests to me that she probably rolled an ankle bad or something like that. Hopefully she is ok, but lucky for Jarmila because that would have been a terrible terrible loss. Anyway she now plays Valentina Sassi, who Dokic beat last week in 3 tight sets. Sassi just won 6/0 6/0. So I wouldnt be surprised if Jarmila loses this one.
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 01:59 AM   #112
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

I agree Daniel! I think she head to the USA as well. My goodness she was lucky to get through that match. She will need to lift in order to beat Sassi.
scottsue is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 03:11 AM   #113
country flag Money Penny

Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
From TA:

Tennis player Jarmila Gajdosova today asked for understanding in her native Slovakia and adopted home of Australia over her bid to change nationality.

The 21-year-old qualifier bowed out in the first round of the French Open, losing to local wildcard entrant Olivia Sanchez as rain made a mess of the schedule for a second day.

Despite being granted permanent residency and training at the Australian Institute of Sport [AIS], Gajdosova is still considered Slovak by tennis authorities as she awaits citizenship.

So, while she plays with SVK next to her name at Roland Garros, she says she still feels as though she is representing Australia on the court.

"I do live in Australia and I train there and all my friends are there as well and all the coaches," Gajdosova said.

"I was born in Slovakia and my parents are still there, so I can't say I'm not Slovakian.

"But I play for Australia, I like it there and I'll be living there, so I have to say I'm Australian as well."

The logic is not easily understood by detractors in both countries.

Some feel she has turned her back on her homeland, while the move has raised questions over the allocation of training resources to home-grown prospects in Australia.

"It's hard for people to understand why or where did it come from and understand why I'm doing that, so for sure I get it from both sides," Gajdosova said.

"Hopefully in time they will understand why and they will see the reason, that it's not really about trying to say that I don't like Slovakia or I don't want to be there, but it's just really good for my tennis and I just love the country [Australia], so that's as simple as it is.

"I've got good support from the AIS and everyone so it's good help for me for my tennis."

Anastasia Rodionova is in a similar situation this week in Paris, being listed as Russian in the draw even though she has permanent residency in Australia.

Gajdosova moved to Sydney at the age of 16 when she was working with Australian coach Simon Walsh.

"I enjoyed being there and I fell in love with the place," she said.

So much so that while her brother has visited her in Australia, she has not been back to see her parents.

"I always make sure they see pictures," Gajdosova said.

"My brother has seen where I live and where I train and he lets them know it's all ok. They're happy for me.

"Hopefully I can bring them to Australian and they can see with their own eyes how good it is."

She now splits her time between Melbourne and Canberra.

Since September 2006, Gajdosova has seen her ranking slip from a career-high 64 to 195 after a prolonged battle with injury and illness.

Today's performance was an erratic one from Gajdosova, who blew a 3-0 lead in the first set and fought back from 5-0 down in the second before the 114th-ranked Sanchez prevailed.

"Hopefully it's going to be the turnaround in the year so I can get back where I was," she said.

The match had been postponed the previous day, delayed by three hours today and was interrupted for another three hours.

Only 13 of the 72 matches scheduled today were completed and 16 were suspended part-way through.
Im sorry, but in my opinion jarka is not australian. she is just another one of those players milking the system for what its worth! TA and the public are hard up for players on both the men and womens side. jarka is a player who was at the right place at the right time. Pratt was on the way out, Alicia and Sam were both injured and Casey hadn't fully cracked it yet. TA were desperate to save womens tennis in australia 12 months ago.
So australian players who train and live abroard (pratt, stubs, stosur, adamczak, hanley,ect) does that make them english, american ect? No it does not!!! so how does it make jarka australian?
Money Penny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 06:33 AM   #114
country flag OZTENNIS

Because she has applied for citizenship, she is a permanent resident of Australia, she is a member of the AIS, has an Australian boyfriend, has stated she wants to play Fed Cup for Australia and has represented Australia at the Australian Open and Wimbledon.
None of the Aussies living overseas have done this where they live so go figure
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 08:04 AM   #115
country flag Money Penny

Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice

Quote:
Because she has applied for citizenship, she is a permanent resident of Australia, she is a member of the AIS, has an Australian boyfriend, has stated she wants to play Fed Cup for Australia and has represented Australia at the Australian Open and Wimbledon.
None of the Aussies living overseas have done this where they live so go figure
Go figure what?
You are not australian unless you have citizenship!!!! no if's, no but's!!! she just got her residency and should not be aloud to be in the AIS program unless she's a full australian.Being in the program means she is getting funding and assistance from the government. She has taken away a place of an australian who was born and raised in australia. the truth is that if australia wasn't in trouble on both the men and womens side she would not be in the picture.Also she may have stated that she wants to play for australia, but untill she is a full citizen this won't happen!!! And she did not play under australia at wimbledon, it was slovakia!!! and tried to play under australia, at the open but was soon shut down soon after!
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #116
country flag OZTENNIS

Um, look at the draws at Wimbledon, they have 'AUS' next to her name
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #117
country flag Money Penny

Quote:
Um, look at the draws at Wimbledon, they have 'AUS' next to her name
You are right oztennis, she did play with it at wimbledon! i do apoligigise.
But my opinion is, and this is my opinion only, jarmila is milking the system for all its worth. Ta are in trouble on both side of the game, men and women. and im sure she is well aware of this! Im sure that if she wasn't getting wildcards from australia and free money and assistance from the AIS, she wouldn't be here. Rodionova is on the same boat, but you do not see her trying to milk the system. Im sure i read a while back that she has a property in melbourne, not just some ramdom address.
I believe that there are australian girls out there that are not getting the help and assistance they deserve. I really wonder how they feel about this when they see jamila getting it over them.
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 10:37 PM   #118
country flag OZTENNIS

Yes, I see your point and agree with it to some extent.
I am not sure if Gajdosova owns a property or not (like Rodionova) and I do believe it unfair that she is a member of the AIS when she hasn't even been properly recognised as an Aussie.
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 10:38 PM   #119
country flag OZTENNIS

BTW, Gajdosova def. Sassi 7-6 6-3 in the 100k in Italy

She did better against Sassi than Dokic
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #120
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

I am with OZTENNIS on the Gajdosova debate.
And i think the fact that Australia is suffering in the mens and womens is totally irrelevant. This was Gajdosova's decision and she wouldnt have even taken that into consideration. She wants to play for Australia, shes made that clear, everyone is doing everything they can to make that come true for her. No milking... nothing like that... Shes a top chick and she wants to represent Australia because she sees that as her country.

Yay she won! I thought she would lose!