My Strasbourg 2008 report - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 17th, 2008, 08:54 PM   #1
country flag Paris75

Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute
My Strasbourg 2008 report

Semifinals report, see post # 113!

Wednesday report, see post # 95 !

Tuesday report, see post # 74 !

Day 2 see post #26 !

Day 01
I've waited a long time for the tournament's start, so I'm now very excited !
I saw many matchs and some players' training session, so I'll share my report!

1st match : Morita [7] / Johansson
When I arrived Morita was leading 7/6.
In the second set, Johansson hit amazing strokes ! She rapidly leaded 4/1, then Morita gave up a bit and seemed to concentrate already for the final set. The French girl won the 2nd set 6/1.
Then the level of play increased at the beginning of the final set. They played very well together which was not the case before. Points were closed but Johansson managed to lead 4/2. But then, the French girl just choked : Her serve was no effective any more, and she made way too much errors so Morita came back at 4/4. The Japanese girl served twice for the match at 5/4 and 6/5, but Mathilde regrouped herself and played well.
In the final tie-break, it was like Morita knew at the beginning she'll lost it, she did big errors and Mathild won it easily 7/2.
here is photo of Mathilde and me :

2nd match : Perebiynis [1] / Foretz
Not a lot of commentaries to do about the match, Perebiynis made a smart match, Foretz was not moving well, and she made too many mistakes.

3rd match : Sesil Karatancheva / Tochilovskaya

Well, that's my revelation, I already really appreciate Sesil, but I've been impressed by her talent and her personality !
Sesil was facing a cutie, but I din't heard about her before.
Sesil has such a great backhand, very impressive ! She played very well (a least top 70 IMO), but she struggled a bit with her serve sometimes. She easily won her match 6/2 6/1 !
After her match I went close to her. First I congratulated her, she was smiling and she thanked me for my support during the match ! ^^ I asked if I could take a photo with her and she agreed saying "Yes come on boy !!" A Very nice girl !
here is the photo :

I wished her good luck for her second round against Lisicki () and she smiled at me saying "thank you so much !!"
I'm already very excited to see her again tomorrow!

4th match : Lisicki [2] / Ripoll

Like in Perebiynis's match, Lisicki was playing a lot better than her opponent, she hit the ball very well, her forehand is pretty awesome ! She easily won her match 6/1 6/2.

Now, let's talk a bit about the training session !
like last year, I've been a bit surprised by the Chinese players, they are so hard-working players, Zi Yan played about 2 hours 1/2 and hitted pretty well the balls. But chinese players are not only hard-working players, they also like having a lot of fun when they train ! They were all the time laughing it was nice !
Here is a pic with Yan and my sister:

Then Pennetta arrived .... Pennetta ... So beautiful ! unbelievable ! lol Maybe let's talk about her game rather, right? She trained 3 times during the day : once at 12h, about 1h, then at 14h she played with Srebotnik 45min and at 18h, she played 1h too.
She seemed very fit and I've been impressed by her level of play when she played with Srebotnik ! both players hitted the ball so strongly and never abdicate, it was impressive!
Here is a photo with my sister and Flavia:

So Srebotnik stayed a bit after her train session with Flavia. She hitted serves for about 20 minutes. When she stopped I talked to her a bit, I asked her if she felt better (last week she withdrew from berlin because she was sick), she told me yes but she want to have some rest for RG, so she was not going to play double with Ai, yet she is really looking for winning the maximum of matches here in Strasbourg.
Here is a pic of Kata and me :

Then I achieved one of my childhood dream : I met Lynn Welch
She is so adorable !!

Finally before I came back at home I saw Razzano who were trainig with an other player, surely a east european girl but don't know who... She was fit and told and the player she trained with was struggling to return the balls ^^ ,
here is a pic of her and me :

Sorry for my poor english I just wanted to share my exciyment to you guys!

ps : for the ones who are interested, jelena Dokic will play her first match on tuesday ! She confirmed today she was very excited to come here !

Last edited by Paris75 : May 15th, 2010 at 01:24 PM.
Paris75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2008, 08:57 PM   #2
country flag FrenchY52

FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My Strasbourg report Day 01 with pics (Karatancheva, Pennetta, Srebotnik, Razzano

Thank you ! Very interesting and nice pics
Old May 17th, 2008, 08:58 PM   #3
country flag Beny

Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My Strasbourg report Day 01 with pics (Karatancheva, Pennetta, Srebotnik, Razzano

Great report, great pics, must have been so exciting there. Reminds me of my recent visit of Prague tournament...

Enjoy and bring more reports pics and stuff!

Beny is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #4
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

merci pour la photo et les ptites news sur Kata ! (et enlève tes lunettes sur une des prochaines photos )

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:14 PM   #5
country flag powerbackhand

powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of

sesil "Come on Boy" ok maybe she isnt lying about the whole pregnancy thing lol
powerbackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:16 PM   #6

powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of

sesil looks easily older than jelena dokic
what do ye think
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:19 PM   #7
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!Sesil is №1!
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:21 PM   #8
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

Flavia

VICTORIA AZARENKA
IVANOVIC, KONJUH, VEKIC, WOZNIACKI

Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:23 PM   #9
country flag Nicolas

Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute

very nice pix!

Flavia, gorgeous as always, Mathilde too
Nicolas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #10
Demska
Miss Resilient

Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute

thank you

Two of my faves, Kata and Virginie. Always nice too see them !
Demska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #11
country flag Nicolas

Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute

Virginie looks really good on the pic....................
Nicolas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #12

make sure u meet jelena and tell her that she has a huge number of fans still supporting her
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #13
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute

Is that a pic of umpire Lynn Welch?

thanks for the pics! This will be a fascinating tournament! So many young players and comeback players!
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:39 PM   #14
country flag polishprodigy

polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute

who is that in the pic of your childhood dream?
polishprodigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:40 PM   #15
country flag Paris75

Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute Paris75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankqq View Post
Is that a pic of umpire Lynn Welch?
yes it is!
Paris75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote