Marija Abramovic - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 12th, 2010, 07:41 AM   #16
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marija Abramovic

She's using her protected ranking again this week, to play Woking 25k main draw.

Good luck
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 13th, 2010, 08:24 AM   #17
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

First opponent is some 16 y.o. Uzbek girl currently at her career-high ranking of 441. Sounds easy, but if she'd win this, it would be the first time this year that Marija beat someone inside top500.

But even more interesting is her double's draw. She teamed up with Ejdesgaard (who) and they're facing a very interesting team in R1 - the top seeds, Sania Mirza & Laura Robson
Old Jul 16th, 2010, 09:10 AM   #18
country flag ma re

That kid who beat Marija in three sets afterwards defeated (8) Rogowska and (4) Barthel, both in straights! So Marija's loss isn't so terrible as it may seem. Her doubles loss this week was also quite a good match considering the opposition and the final score of 7:6, 7:5. Not really a bad week.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 08:14 AM   #19
country flag ma re

Jumps this week from 717 to 654! She also improved her doubles ranking, from 460 to 407.
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #20
country flag ma re

She used her SR once again to enter directly into main draw, this time in Vigo 25k, but she faces the 4th seed in R1 I'm not saying she can't beat this girl ranked around 220, but it could've been a far easier draw. She also teamed up with Clerico for doubles, they're seeded #3.

Good luck!
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 12:48 AM   #21
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

So close:
Ling ZHANG (HKG) (4) defeated Maria ABRAMOVIC (CRO) 6-1 4-6 7-6(1)
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #22
country flag ma re

That was an unfortunate draw, cause these 3-setters against good players show just how much better Marija should be ranked. Hope her luck changes soon, even some doubles wins would surely help. BTW, both she and Akiki withdrew from the next week's 25k in Italy.
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 10:52 AM   #23
country flag ma re

This week Marija rises from 645 to 600 in singles and from 404 to 362 in doubles!
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #24
country flag ma re

Another jump, this time only in doubles, from 362 to 339!
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 11:47 AM   #25
country flag ma re

This week she finally got some luck with the draw when she was drawn to play a qualifier Szatmari in R1 of Olomouc 25k (she used SR), but then obviously had some health issues cause she retired from that singles match after just five games, and later (or before, who knows...) played just 9 games in doubles
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 08:19 AM   #26
country flag ma re

Back down the rankings again, from 601 to 644, and she's still not playing anywhere.
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #27
country flag ma re

Her doubles ranking dropped this week from 338 to 386, not much change in singles. BTW, seems like her big sister Ivana is planing a comeback!
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 06:17 PM   #28
country flag ma re

A bit better in doubles rankings again - went from 386 to 358 today.
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 07:46 AM   #29
country flag ma re

Main draw wild-card for next week's Jouneih 100k+H! Can't say she really deserves it, but good news anyway.
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 08:47 AM   #30
country flag ma re

Plays the 7th seed Olivia Sanchez in R1...really hard to expect a win here. She also plays doubles with Clerico, in R1 against Cadantu/Fedak.

Good luck Marija