General Aussie Tennis News - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 17th, 2011, 03:26 AM   #391
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: General Aussie Tennis News

I think this is really interesting. It looks like a WTT kind of deal. I think we can assume that Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide will be the capital cities. It also looks like each Australian team will need two Australia mn and women. So it will give girls like Rogowska, Moore, Peers, Patterson, Letcher, Golds, Adamczak, Holland, Wlodarczak etc. the chance to earn some money to travel and what not.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2011, 03:34 AM   #392
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I was thinking it was like a WTT for Aus. Interesting to see how this thing will work and what types of players will be recruited.

So the national league (with better players) will run during the AO, and state league (with top local players) run for 6 weeks between Oct-Dec?
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 04:05 AM   #393
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone wondering where they can watch Hopper Pt 2 on Australia Story here's the link to watch it online
http://www.abc.net.au/austory/specia...ly/default.htm
Old Mar 18th, 2011, 10:16 AM   #394
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
Anyone wondering where they can watch Hopper Pt 2 on Australia Story here's the link to watch it online
http://www.abc.net.au/austory/specia...ly/default.htm
Thanks for posting!! I hope Jade doesn't quit. She's a real aussie battler, and I always thought she could make a good crack at it with her mental toughness and speed around the court. Kind of Pratt style, dogged retriever.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #395
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! A good watch, I think Jade will keep it up. Her ranking is so much higher than it has ever been and she has been making real progress this past year. She travels better than a lot of Aussie girls so that is always a good sign. I wish her nothing but the best
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:49 PM   #396
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

I was just thinking back to the 90s and 00s when the standard of Australian women's tennis was often ridiculed and mocked. It seems hypocritical that currently the standard of Australian men's tennis is just as poor as the women used to be, but I haven't really heard a peep in the media about how crap the men are, or how well the women are doing these days.

Do you think there's some hypocrisy going on here?
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:12 AM   #397
country flag tennisforadults

tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute

Yes certainly people have been very quiet over the state of men's tennis. Let's see if they will continue to be quiet come Davis Cup time...
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 03:06 AM   #398
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Just read that Arina Rodionova has been granted Australian residency meaning she will be able to represent Australia at the slams. She will be able to become a citizen after two years and represent Australia full-time.

Didn't take TA too long to act after her recent success

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 04:55 AM   #399
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack21 View Post
Just read that Arina Rodionova has been granted Australian residency meaning she will be able to represent Australia at the slams. She will be able to become a citizen after two years and represent Australia full-time.

Didn't take TA too long to act after her recent success
Oh really, source?
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 05:35 AM   #400
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh I hope this doesn't mean she'll eat up a WC into the AO next year
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 05:49 AM   #401
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutho12 View Post
Oh really, source?
It was mentioned at the bottom of the article about Alicia's pregnancy.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 07:38 AM   #402
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

I think its great news about Arina, a lot of people don't like her but she's only 21 and has similar potential to Anastasia. Look at it this way- its another Aussie in the top 200 and another Aussie in the draws at Grand Slams. If you don't like her then just ignore her.

With Alicia, i'm stoked for her, but don't go saying you plan to return to tennis.. If you were to take tennis seriously you would commit to another full year and give it all you've got then retire and focus on a family. Don't have a baby then make a half-arsed comeback again. Anyway, i love her and hope to see her name in draws again some day. I think we will, she'll crave tennis during the next year.
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #403
country flag dok-stos

dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all

Welcome Arina
Yeah bit annoying that as soon as she gets some results Tennis Australia endorse her more :/
dok-stos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #404
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

sum european gun guys should be recruited too, cos girls r kicking ass atm!
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #405
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Actually I think the men have more hope in the pipleine than our woman are showing at the moment. Take a look at the guys ranked between 100-300 for the men and there is a lot more depth with some chance of breakthrough.

Personally I think things have been rather grim on the women's side this year, I've not seen them doing a lot of arse-kicking. When was the last time we had someone crack the top 100? Casey's comeback seems to have faltered. Sophie came so close last year but is now out of top 200. Sally hasn't built on her success and her ranking is falling. O-Rog is spinning her wheels around 200, Izzy made a bit of run towards the top 200 but can she take it any further. Mon made a comeback but has disappeared again. A-Rod Sr has dropped out top 100 and if she has a lousy USO will plummet further. Jess continues to flounder but seems to be able to hold a top 300 ranking.

I'm more than happy to see A-Rod Jr come over to our side. As for her taking a WC to the AO, name one of the Aussie women who at this time you can say is really deserving of the same? I think Izzy Holland is the only one that has come up with the goods this year in any shape by showing improvement.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote