General Aussie Tennis News - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2011, 06:13 AM   #376
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold
Re: General Aussie Tennis News

she has only recently turned 21 and just qualified for a grandslam and is a top 200 player. Anastasia didn't break into the top 100 until she was 24. Hopefully she keeps at it.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #377
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Not that I want another spoilt little Rodionova brat playing for us, but those reasons for rejection are ridiculous if they are true.
Agreed
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 12:23 AM   #378
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch! Poor Arina (albeit she is a little turd on the court) Oh well I'd tell them to jam it!

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR

Last edited by petey_pan : Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Mistake
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 05:39 AM   #379
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

I heard she was abusive to a ball kid the other day. Do we really want an arrogant shit head like that playing for us?

Bog off mole.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #380
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I heard she was abusive to a ball kid the other day. Do we really want an arrogant shit head like that playing for us?

Bog off mole.
She is a mini Nastya and yes she was a bitch to the ball kids in qualies when I saw her
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #381
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Yes I want her to play for us!
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 07:15 AM   #382
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

Im in 2 minds bout mini rodionova.
Would be good to have anotha top player but on the otha hand she is a horrible on crt neway!!!!
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 08:17 AM   #383
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutho12 View Post
Im in 2 minds bout mini rodionova.
Would be good to have anotha top player but on the otha hand she is a horrible on crt neway!!!!

lol

Old Feb 15th, 2011, 12:36 PM   #384
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Head2Head
Flavia Pennetta vs Aussie Players

Pennetta 4-0 Stosur
Pennetta 2-0 Groth
Pennetta 3-0 Rodionova
Pennetta 2-0 Dokic
Pennetta 1-0 Dellacqua
Pennetta 0-2 Molik
Pennetta 1-1 Pratt
Pennetta 1-1 Dominikovic
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 06:34 AM   #385
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Jarka Groth moved up to #30 in the rankings today, and the TA website says:

Quote:
With both Groth and Sam Stosur in the top 30, it will mark the first time there have been two Australian women in the top 30 at the same time since 11 September 1989 when Anne Minter and Hana Mandlikova managed this feat.
Pretty impressive! I love Aussie women's tennis at the moment
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #386
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Head2Head
Flavia Pennetta vs Aussie Players

Pennetta 4-0 Stosur
Pennetta 2-0 Groth
Pennetta 3-0 Rodionova
Pennetta 2-0 Dokic
Pennetta 1-0 Dellacqua
Pennetta 0-2 Molik
Pennetta 1-1 Pratt
Pennetta 1-1 Dominikovic
crazy.... what's so special about her game that we can't get around to beating her?

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #387
country flag TS

Pratty found a way

Re Territory's post: What a shame Sam and Alicia never "peaked" at the same time
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #388
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Re Territory's post: What a shame Sam and Alicia never "peaked" at the same time
That would have been awesome
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #389
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Quote:
Pratty found a way

Actually I remember Pratty beating her at the French that year. I guess Flavia likes pace which probably explains it.

Old Mar 17th, 2011, 03:19 AM   #390
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

New Australian Team Competition

Tennis in Australia will soon see a new State and National Tennis League to increase the level of professionalism of the sport in Australia and provide employment for more players, the second Australian Tennis Conference was told today.

Alistair MacDonald, chief executive officer at Tennis South Australia, outlined plans for two tennis leagues that would ‘increase players’ earning capacity’, promote the game in Asia and promote tennis as a team sport.

The national league would involve teams from five Australian capital cities and three Asian teams. It would be played over four days in the second week of the Australian Open, and each team could enlist one international player competing in Melbourne at the Grand Slam of Asia-Pacific.

The one million dollar national league would provide employment to at least 20 Australian players, ‘and keep their dream of being a tennis player alive,’ said MacDonald.

The State Tennis League would also be team-based and attract the best local players, “recognising local player performance and increasing professionalism and local competition,” he said.

“It will be short, sharp and shiny,” said MacDonald.

The six-week season would run from October to December with finalists from each state competing in the national club championships at the December Showdown.

“This will give a real profile to the sport and give recognition to Australian players,” said Tennis Australia’s general manager of Community Tennis, Robin O’Neill.

O’Neil also outlined plans to introduce a consumer-rating of clubs and facilities around Australia.
He said Tennis Australia had information on 4000 venues and 15,000 courts. “Power to the people,” O’Neill said. “We want to show people where those courts are and give them an opportunity to rate them.”
The second Australian Tennis Conference at Melbourne Park gives members of the Australian tennis community an opportunity to come together to share ideas and learn about developments in the sport.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote