General Aussie Tennis News - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2010, 03:09 AM   #301
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: General Aussie Tennis News

Molik wedged herself nicely in the top 200 after Rd1 wins in Hobart and BrizVegas. I agree though, it's a shame there wasn't more upwards movement but I'm still enjoying having eight women in the Top 200 (seven in the Top150) and one on the verge of Top10 - we've seen worse times, that's for sure.
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2010, 11:47 PM   #302
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute

Do my eyes deceive me, or is Mark Philipoussis playing a tournament in Dallas this week???
Привет is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 12:00 AM   #303
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Привет View Post
Do my eyes deceive me, or is Mark Philipoussis playing a tournament in Dallas this week???
Yep! So Excited! Even if he gets smashed its just great to see him doing something.
He'll be on live scores in about 2 hours against Michael Yani. Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 12:09 AM   #304
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute

Really? I mean I guess if you're a huge fan of him then it'd be exciting for sure.

But it looks like he's just about done. Well, it looked that way about 3 years ago. I don't really see him doing anything that's going to bring him satisfaction. But hey, you can't knock someone for giving it a go, so good luck to him.
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 02:45 AM   #305
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Anybody who saw him play in that Champions Tour thing realise he will probably get smashed, still very curious to see what happens though.

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 05:03 AM   #306
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Yani d. Philippoussis 6/4 6/4

Pretty disappointing result, a break a set. Atleast he lasted the match.
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 06:36 AM   #307
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

The list of players in the AIS this year has been released. 12 boys and only 4 girls
Moore, Peers, Holland and Wejnert were selected. I can't beleive how uneven the numbers are, players like Mirkovic, Sumner and Rajicic have been left out in favour of 16 and 17 year old boys who have never played in the MD of a senior ITF.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 06:48 AM   #308
country flag Daniel.

Agreed Jack!

TA knows Hewitt is going to retire within the next 3 years so they're desperately trying to create a replacement.
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 07:20 AM   #309
country flag Привет

Um, Bernard Tomic?
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 07:43 AM   #310
country flag Daniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Привет View Post
Um, Bernard Tomic?
Why do you need to be a smart arse so often?!?!

Of course they are putting alot into Tomic but they obviously are focusing on other guys as well in case he doesn't turn into a Hewitt.
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 08:31 AM   #311
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Tomic wouldnt touch the AIS with a ten foot pole and i wouldnt blame him!!

Mirkovic needs to produce the results this year, she has the game for it...

Only suprise really was to not see Rajicic on the list....
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #312
country flag Привет

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Why do you need to be a smart arse so often?!?!

Of course they are putting alot into Tomic but they obviously are focusing on other guys as well in case he doesn't turn into a Hewitt.
Goodness, I'm not being a smartarse. The way you made that statement made it seem like there are no Australian boys showing promise. Just thought you might have made an oversight and forgotten about him. Why do you need to overreact so often?!?!

Old Feb 11th, 2010, 10:25 AM   #313
country flag tennisfanxx

tennisfanxx has disabled reputation

tennisfanxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2010, 10:29 AM   #314
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

Isabella, Sally, Monika

and Ben Mitchell Such a hottie.
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 05:52 AM   #315
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Paul McNamee defeated in ballot for Tennis Australia presidency
Leo Schlink From: Herald Sun April 19, 2010 9:51AM 2 comments

Steve Healy of Sydney law firm Gadens Lawyers has won a ballot for the presidency of Tennis Australia. Source: Supplied
SYDNEY lawyer Steve Healy is Tennis Australia's new president after defeating Paul McNamee in a secret ballot this morning.

Healy will take over from Geoff Pollard in October.

A former player, Healy claimed a tight contest after month's of political skirmishing.

The Herald Sun exclusively revealed Healy's candidacy during the Australian Open.

President of Tennis New South Wales, a traditional political powerhouse, Healy laid claim to have the key support fellow presidents and member representatives.

He was recently endorsed by former world No. 1 John Newcombe.

McNamee narrowly lost last October's ballot against former friend and work colleague Pollard.

It is uncertain if McNamee will challenge again in 2013, when the next election will be held.

Healy will now undergo a six-month transition to the presidency.

"My leadership and agenda for change in NSW has encouraged the other States to back me in the forthcoming election," Healy said.

"I made hard decisions to modernise and unite the game, including: "change, broken structures", institute accountability and governance at the board level, and involve coaches in player development and competition programs.

"The states have observed my leadership skills and ability to drive change where it is needed.

"They see that I am a big picture person, who is not divisive, who does not do deals in order to effect change."

Healy said the key to his platform is "the growth of grassroots tennis via people, programs and local area marketing, player development and facilities.

"We need to get coaches and clubs more involved," he said.

"There needs to be more flexibility, inclusiveness and transparency to the business of tennis."

Healy's views on producing Australia's next batch of champions appears to differ from that of director of player development Craig Tiley.

"Player development is a priority," Healy said.

"Our player development program, which is focused on producing top 10 players, needs more flexibility if we are to get results.

"There is no one way to produce a champion. We need the right people available and working with our elite players.

"We need to better transition juniors to senior ranks. We need to utilise ex-players as well as coaches.

"Tennis Australia has a role in player development. Participation, though, is the responsibility of the member associations.

"I believe the member associations need to make tennis inviting, accessible and affordable to people including families.

"To do this, there needs to be more financial and marketing support from Tennis Australia.

"As a past player, an administrator and president of a member association, I have first-hand knowledge, experience, and the credibility to drive change, to unite tennis and move it forward."

Healy last year represented TA at a meeting of Australian greats including John Newcombe, Tony Roche and Pat Rafter.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/pa...-1225855333589
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote