General Aussie Tennis News - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 21st, 2009, 04:03 PM   #286
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of
Re: General Aussie Tennis News

If players perform as they should in 2010 think of how many we should have in the top 100 by the end of 2010

Sam
Jelena
Nastya
Jarka
Casey
Alicia
Olivia

When was the last time we had the potential to have 7 Aussie women in the top 100? Also if Mon and Sophie could just stay injury free and get a lucky draw or 2 could they finally crack the top 100? What if Jess could have a comeback, Shannon could continue improving and Monika could make a fantastic start to her first year full time on the circuit?
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 21st, 2009, 07:36 PM   #287
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

You're right. And its sooo exciting!
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 07:40 PM   #288
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Groth and Rodionova are now both officially recognized as AUS on WTA rankings, finally! What a great moment!

13 13 Stosur, Samantha 30/03/84 AUS 3045 21
56 56 Dokic, Jelena 12/04/83 AUS 1123 15
96 95 Rodionova, Anastasia 12/05/82 AUS 657 27
110 110 Groth, Jarmila 26/04/87 AUS 577 20
145 144 Adamczak, Monique 21/01/83 AUS 410 26
146 145 Rogowska, Olivia 07/06/91 AUS 400 20
148 147 Ferguson, Sophie 19/03/86 AUS 393 31
198 197 Molik, Alicia 27/01/81 AUS 276 7
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 10:19 PM   #289
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

woot
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 10:19 PM   #290
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

fed cups looking good
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 12:10 AM   #291
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

I can't even remember there ever being 4 TOP 100 Australians. Ever.

The most in the past I remember at once is Pratt, Dominikovic and McQuillan. Now the potential to have 7!?
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 12:30 AM   #292
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

And the potential of the minimum 7 we hope to have probably outweighs what we had in the past. Maybe after all these years of us being the underdogs we are going to have our moment in the sun.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 12:57 AM   #293
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

I remember Molik, Pratt, McQuillan and Dominikovic were top 100 at the same time in ooh about 01/02? At the same time there were some top 200 back ups in the form of Ellwood (who was top 100 once before), Stewart, Watson, Wheeler, Grahame, Dittmann but none of those players were ever threats to really go further. Those were the days when we had solid representation in Slam qualies at least.

Now it's definitely the healthiest it's looked in ages. Plus, our 200-400 stocks are looking decent too. Was getting a bit lean for a while there.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 03:31 AM   #294
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

actually i think it was only a couple of years ago that Dellacqua, Molik, Stosur and Pratt were top 100. settle down you mob!
Territory is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 07:42 AM   #295
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Dellacqua and Molik were in at the same time. They definately weren't all together simultaneously.
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:16 AM   #296
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm... check the 2007 year end rankings of Pratt, Molik, Dellacqua and Stosur. Read it and weep! hehehe...
Territory is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:19 AM   #297
Golovinjured.

Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 10:02 AM   #298
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
actually i think it was only a couple of years ago that Dellacqua, Molik, Stosur and Pratt were top 100. settle down you mob!
Not the most healthiest top 100 list though - Sam was out of action at the end of 2007, Nicole retired a few months after, Leesh was struggling from her illness and Casey had just entered the top 100 right at the end.

Hopefully this increase in numbers, breeds competition and better results.
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 01:39 AM   #299
country flag Daniel.

Post-AO Rankings are out, before the Aussie summer I would have hoped for much better rankings than this. Nothing really to be happy about except Sam up to 11 and Dellacqua makes a huge jump up. There are numerous negatives including Dokic, Moore and Mirkovic's plummet, however the biggest negative is no youngsters really broke through.

Heres our players in the top 500:

11 Stosur
96 Dokic
97 Rodionova
125 Groth
142 Adamczak
143 Rogowska
146 Ferguson
170 Molik
227 Golds
276 Dellacqua
299 Moore
302 Peers
335 Holland
355 Konta
384 Wejnert
405 Mirkovic
435 Bobuscic
462 Hubacek
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 01:54 AM   #300
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing we couldn't see coming, though. It's not like anyone expected Dokic or Mirkovic to defend the bulk of their points.
Привет is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote