General Aussie Tennis News - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 08:18 PM   #151
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: General Aussie Tennis News

TENNIS Queensland president Ashley Cooper believes several Queensland teens should be recognised with wildcards at January's Brisbane International.
Three Queensland 16-year-olds have convincingly put up their hands for wildcards with performances this year – Australian Open junior champion Bernard Tomic, Australian Open wildcard playoff runner-up Monika Wejnert and Australian 18-and-under runner-up Isabella Holland.
The chances of Tomic receiving a wildcard are set to improve this week, with tournament director Steve Ayles saying yesterday that Tennis Australia was considering doing away with a planned playoff series to award a men's and a women's main-draw wildcard for Tennyson.
Cooper said the symbolic nature of Queensland teenagers making a world tour debut at the January 4-11 tournament to open the state's new tennis centre was important for the growth of the sport at an exciting time in its history.
"Steve Ayles decides where the wildcards go. I'm not going to pre-empt what he's going to do, but I'd like to think some parochialism will come into it," Cooper, a former Wimbledon champion, said yesterday. "It was a great effort again from Monika in Melbourne, and Isabella Holland, who lost to Monika in the semi-finals of the wildcard playoffs, is also 16 and very good."
Ayles said two men's wildcards and three women's wildcards remained to be issued, with one having already gone to 2006 Australian Open runner-up Marcos Baghdatis.
Unless there is a late application from a top-20 player, all five will go to Australians and be given directly to chosen players if TA abandons a wildcard playoff series planned for December 30-31.
Jelena Dokic, who beat Wejnert in the Australian Open wildcard playoff final, will come under strong consideration, but had said she was willing to play qualifying in Brisbane if necessary.
Ayles said some wildcards into qualifying rounds would also be offered to deserving Australian players.
Cooper was delighted by another Queenslander winning a national age title last Sunday – the third in less than a week.
Springfield's Ashleigh Barty won the 12-and-under girls title, beating fellow Queenslander Andrea Dikosavljevic. On Friday, Gold Coast's Ben Mitchell and Brisbane's Ashling Sumner walked away with the 16-and-under Australian titles.
Advertisement

Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 07:23 AM   #152
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
Jelena Dokic, who beat Wejnert in the Australian Open wildcard playoff final, will come under strong consideration, but had said she was willing to play qualifying in Brisbane if necessary.
Yeah right! Didn't she say something like that about AO qualies??
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 07:26 AM   #153
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

I drove through the tennis centre this arvo.
I could see one of the two outside showcourts, it definitely has a good size, shaded stand. Looks about 1/2 the size of the main stand at Royal Pines. Considering it's an outside court though, very impressed!! It's gonna be so much better watching the qualies from a stand this year. I can't wait now!!!
The rest of the centre looks completely awesome. They've got beautiful bluestone walls out the front, the roads have been specially made for the centre. So you won't be hearing heaps of traffic going past when watching on the tele. The main road's a good distance from the courts. Really nice native plants everywhere, great landscaping.
All round, they really couldn't have done any better with any of this if they tried!!
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 08:19 AM   #154
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanyQ View Post
I could see one of the two outside showcourts, it definitely has a good size, shaded stand. Looks about 1/2 the size of the main stand at Royal Pines. Considering it's an outside court though, very impressed!! It's gonna be so much better watching the qualies from a stand this year. I can't wait now!!!
The rest of the centre looks completely awesome. They've got beautiful bluestone walls out the front, the roads have been specially made for the centre. So you won't be hearing heaps of traffic going past when watching on the tele. The main road's a good distance from the courts. Really nice native plants everywhere, great landscaping.
All round, they really couldn't have done any better with any of this if they tried!!

Love the new attitude man, keep it up
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 08:48 AM   #155
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks very much can't wait to be there.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 10:46 AM   #156
country flag SeanyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking View Post

Love the new attitude man, keep it up
Not a new attitude. I just tell it how I see it.
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 10:48 AM   #157
country flag SeanyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg017 View Post
Thanks very much can't wait to be there.
You'll love it. After seeing the Royal Pines & Hope Island efforts. It's awesome by any standard.
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 11:22 AM   #158
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You'll love it. After seeing the Royal Pines & Hope Island efforts. It's awesome by any standard.
Have to agree with you there, Brisbane will be more spacious.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 10:40 PM   #159
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

The centre looks great. Only downside is no parking, you need to catch a train.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 10:51 PM   #160
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Video from the Courier Mail
http://player.video.news.com.au/cour...Yi9MfkdhA2tT_G
Old Dec 24th, 2008, 05:17 AM   #161
country flag SeanyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
The centre looks great. Only downside is no parking, you need to catch a train.
There were heaps of carparks. Parking shouldn't be an issue.
If it is, I'd just park at the back of the centre near that round about (ie. not the main road side). Screw paying for parking when u can walk 5 mins & get it for free....
Old Dec 24th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #162
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
There were heaps of carparks. Parking shouldn't be an issue.
If it is, I'd just park at the back of the centre near that round about (ie. not the main road side). Screw paying for parking when u can walk 5 mins & get it for free....
Thanks for that. I emailed the tournament around 3 weeks ago and they responded saying there was no parking at all, and train was the only way to get there.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 04:59 AM   #163
country flag OZTENNIS

Shepparton to host junior events
Shepparton, 19 February 2009
Tennis Australia
Australia's victorious teams from the 2007 Junior Davis and Fed Cup (clockwise from top left Olivia Rogowska, Fed Cup coach Louise Pleming, Sally Peers, Isabella Holland, Davis Cup coach Peter Tramacchi, Mark Verryth, Alex Sanders and Bernard Tomic.
Tennis Australia
Announced today, Shepparton has won the right to host the Junior Davis Cup and Junior Fed Cup by BNP Paribas 2009 Asia/Oceania Final Qualifying event.
Tennis Australia in partnership with Spectrum Worldwide will bring, for the first time, the Junior Davis Cup and Junior Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Asia/Oceania Final Qualifying event to Australia.
The event will be held at the Shepparton Lawn Tennis Club from the 15 - 20 April.
“This is the first time Australia has jointly hosted these two prestigious junior teams’ events and it is great we can stage such a fantastic world event in Shepparton,” Cameron Pearson, Manager Tournaments and Competitions Tennis Australia, said.
The Asia/Oceania division is one of the strongest in junior tennis. In 2008 Tsung-Hua Yang (TPE) and Noppawan Lertcheewakarn (THA) were ITF Junior World Champions – the first ever Asian players to receive this honour.
“Players from Asian countries are quickly climbing through the junior tennis ranks and having the home ground advantage will prove a huge benefit for our national teams,” Craig Morris, Manager Athlete Development Tennis Australia, said.
“Staging a home tie will provide our national teams with an excellent opportunity to get international exposure against tough opponents,”
Many of the sports top players including, Lleyton Hewitt (1996-1997), Jelena Dokic (1997), Todd Woodbridge (1986 -1987), Rafael Nadal (2002), Roger Federer (1996), Marat Safin (1995), Andy Roddick (1998), Amelie Mauresmo (1995), Elena Dementieva (1997) represented their countries in the Junior Davis Cup and Junior Fed Cup on their way to the highest level of the game.
The event will bring more than 100 junior players, their coaches and families to Shepparton for the week of the competition.
Greater Shepparton City Council Mayor Geoff Dobson said, “Greater Shepparton is delighted to host the Junior Davis Cup and Junior Fed Cup and showcase all we have to offer to visitors.”
“Attracting major events like this is great for the local economy and tourism. “
“Tennis is very popular in Greater Shepparton and this gives spectators the chance to see some future tennis stars in action,” Dobson continued.
Optus Australian Junior Davis and Fed Cup teams will be selected in March and will compete against teams from China, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore and Uzbekistan aiming to win through to the final to be held 29 September - 4 October in San Luis Potosi, Mexico.
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 09:19 AM   #164
country flag Droolv
*shy

Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute

ABC may axe coverage of Hopman Cup
Droolv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 09:23 AM   #165
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

LOL.

cause chicks football would be HUGE for the ratings

how sad..
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote