Silvia Njiric - Page 25 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:25 PM   #361
country flag MKhromachev

MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold
Re: Silvia Njiric

not sure how much you know about Pradova, but honestly she is an awful player, she bought a wilcard into a 100k tournament last year, and draw got her German bagel girl Gesa Focke who of course also bought one WC .. and thats how she got her ranking "up" .. win is a win for Silvia, but against Pradova doesnt mean much ... btw. she lost to Honcova next round ..
MKhromachev is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:36 PM   #362
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

^ Good background info. It's good that Silvia picked up 8 points but her transition to the pros has been hugely disappointing. She's clearly talented, and is still young, so hopefully she'll snap out of it at some point.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 07:51 PM   #363
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

$10K Heraklion, R1

[7] Silvia Njiric (CRO) d. (Q)Min Liu (CHN) 6-0 6-1
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #364
country flag CroatiaNumber1

CroatiaNumber1 is an unknown quantity at this point

well done silvia
CroatiaNumber1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #365
country flag networthy

$10K Heraklion, R16

Silvia NJIRIC (CRO) [7] 3-6 6-3 6-3 Natalia SIEDLISKA (POL)

A win is a win--and Silvia needs as many as she can get--but she shouldn't be losing a set to a player ranked in the 900s

In the QF she should be playing the top seed, Balducci (#441). Instead, she'll be playing Sakkari (#695), who beat Balducci.

Good luck, Silvia!
Old Apr 6th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #366
country flag networthy

$10K Heraklion, QF

Silvia NJIRIC (CRO) [7] 4-6 6-1 6-4 Maria SAKKARI (GRE)

In the SF she plays unseeded Savoretti (#992 but CH 659).

This is a good opportunity for Silvia. Good luck!
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #367
country flag CroatiaNumber1

CroatiaNumber1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Silvia def Savoretti 6-4 7-6

well done silva
CroatiaNumber1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #368
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Well done!
Hele. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #369
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

She won the final 6-3 6-4 against Curovic
Is this her first title?
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #370
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Great! Finally signs of improvements for her!
Hele. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #371
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

What? She won a 10k out of nowhere????
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #372
country flag MKhromachev

MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold MKhromachev is a splendid one to behold

Well tournament is played on carpet, and Silvia has been training with Saša Hirszon ( ex. K. Šprem coach ) = she is bashing every ball, this week they were going in ...
She is also in Greece for the next tournament and plays a Greek wildcard in round 1 ... she is supposed to meet Curovic in quarters again .. although I think she is not going to make it 2 out of 2 ..
MKhromachev is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #373
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKhromachev View Post
Well tournament is played on carpet, and Silvia has been training with Saša Hirszon ( ex. K. Šprem coach ) = she is bashing every ball, this week they were going in ....
hirszon was coach of tereza mrdeža and she never played anything like šprem...
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #374
country flag networthy

Excellent news! This is Silvia's second professional title (also won a $10K in Algeria in October 2010).

Silvia is clearly very talented--she was #6 in juniors, after all. She has had a rough transition into the pros--probably wasn't able to handle the pressure or adjust to the style of play. She needs all the self-believe she can get. Hopefully this title will boost her confidence. She's still young (18), so she has time to build a successful career.

In this week's rankings she moved up from 618 to 588. Once these points are counted she'll move up to ~520-525.

That is just short of her CH ranking (#514). Since she's playing these next few weeks, and is not defending points for another month, she should be able to get a new CH ranking and break into the top 500.

Good luck, Silvia!
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 03:19 AM   #375
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKhromachev View Post
She is also in Greece for the next tournament and plays a Greek wildcard in round 1 ... she is supposed to meet Curovic in quarters again .. although I think she is not going to make it 2 out of 2 ..
I too would be surprised if she wins the title again, but she's got a good draw. Local WC Vogasari (#901) in R32. If she wins, she'll likely get the #8 seed Parrizas-Diaz (#573), who lost in R16 this past week. And in the QF, it would likely be Curovic again.

After this week, a QF finish would be disappointing but a SF would be good.

Good luck, Silvia!

Last edited by networthy : Apr 9th, 2012 at 03:27 AM.