Silvia Njiric - Page 24 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 20th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #346
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Silvia Njiric

She lost to first seed in R2, Bratichikova (WTA - 135th) 6-0 6-3. Hope she can make win or two in second tournament.
Hele. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 25th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #347
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

In second Lagos, in R1 she beat Stephanie Scimone (currently at WTA career high - 620th) 6-4 6-2. Next round will be much more challenging as she play 5th seed, Tadeja Majeric (at the moment WTA 290th). It is not to be expected that she will win next match, but at least she earned 8 (for her important in this moment) points second week in a row.
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #348
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
In second Lagos, in R1 she beat Stephanie Scimone (currently at WTA career high - 620th) 6-4 6-2. Next round will be much more challenging as she play 5th seed, Tadeja Majeric (at the moment WTA 290th). It is not to be expected that she will win next match, but at least she earned 8 (for her important in this moment) points second week in a row.
This is a good win--I was pretty sure Silvia would lose.

I don't expect her to beat Majeric but already the trip to NGR has been a success for Silvia. She was able to salvage a very mediocre season by picking up 16 points (until now for 2011 she had only 32 points from 10 tournaments).

Of course, it's a bad sign that she could only do it by traveling all the way to NGR to play $25Ks with very weak draws and to get lucky with her R1 draws both weeks.

Still, this will stabilize her ranking through the first four months of next year and hopefully give her some confidence for the rest of 2011 and going into 2012.

All the best to you, Silvia!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 09:30 AM   #349
country flag kuroishijin

kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice

Maybe she can surprise us with some good result, good luck girl!
kuroishijin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #350
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Lost easily: Tadeja MAJERIC (SLO) (5) defeated Silvia NJIRIC (CRO) 6-1 6-2

Still, that's 16 points in two weeks
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #351
country flag Hele.

As expected , but as networthy said, 16 points in two weeks.
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 06:04 AM   #352
country flag networthy

Another bad loss for Silvia today:

$10,000 Equerdreville, R1: Josepha ADAM (FRA) defeated Silvia NJIRIC (CRO) 3-6 6-3 6-3.

Adam is #912, was born the same year as Silvia (1993) and never had a junior ranking.

Silvia has really lost her way (she was once the #6 junior in the world!). She's not going anywhere this way. She needs to take a few months off, regroup and figure out what's wrong.
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #353
country flag Hele.

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Silvia has really lost her way (she was once the #6 junior in the world!). She's not going anywhere this way. She needs to take a few months off, regroup and figure out what's wrong.
So true...unfortunately...
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #354
country flag networthy

Very small consolation but at least Silvia is in the doubles SF (bye in R1, straight-sets win in R2).

She and Lechemia are the #2 seeds. In the SF they play the #4 seeds, Ramialison/Verhamme.
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #355
country flag networthy

At least Silvia reached the doubles final:

LECHEMIA (FRA) / NJIRIC (CRO) (2) defeated RAMIALISON (FRA) / VERHAMME (BEL) (4) 6-3 6-2
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #356
country flag networthy

She might be in sucky form but at least Silvia is determined to keep trying: she's playing at a $10K in India next week (as the #8 seed).

For such a weak tournament she has a tough draw. In R1 she plays the #1 seeded qualifier. If she wins that, she'll likely play Curovic, the highest-ranked non-seed.

Good luck to Silvia. Especially after such a long trip, anything less than a QF will be a disaster.
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #357
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

(wc)Rishika Sunkara (IND) d. (8)Silvia Njiric (CRO) 75 61
Seriously she is hopeless.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #358
country flag networthy

Poor Silvia. She must be getting so discouraged.
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #359
country flag networthy

BOMBSHELL: Silvia won a match at a $25K

$25K Almaty, R1: Silvia NJIRIC (CRO) 6-1 6-3 Martina PRADOVA (CZE)

Pradova was a qualifier, ranked in the 800s, but, hey, a win is a win--especially for Silvia and especially at the $25K level.

This will give her 8 points and lift her some 40 spots in the rankings.
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #360
country flag Hele.

Good win.
Hopefully this means some kind of new start for her.