Obama vs McCain - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 9th, 2008, 03:28 AM   #1
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Obama vs McCain

Basically starting from even

http://www.pollster.com/08-US-Pres-GE-MvO.php

The Occupation of Iraq: Advantage Obama
The Economy: Advantage Obama
Age of the two candidates: Advantage Obama
Money: Advantage Obama
Policy Issues: Advantage Obama

Race of the two candidates Advantage McCain
Hillary Clinton: Advantage McCain

For all that Obam makes some states competitive, he also makes some states sure losers. Of course those states the Democratic Party was losing anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2008, 03:32 AM   #2
country flag abercrombieguy23

abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Obama vs McCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
Basically starting from even

http://www.pollster.com/08-US-Pres-GE-MvO.php

The Occupation of Iraq: Advantage Obama
The Economy: Advantage Obama
Age of the two candidates: Advantage Obama
Money: Advantage Obama
Policy Issues: Advantage Obama

Race of the two candidates Advantage McCain
Hillary Clinton: Advantage McCain

For all that Obam makes some states competitive, he also makes some states sure losers. Of course those states the Democratic Party was losing anyway.

now lets add some weightings.....say 35% for this one....

the near 50% of Hilary Clinton supporters defecting to McCain come General election according to the North Carolina/Indiana Exit polls

combine that with a lack of big democratic states on Obamas part

and McCain is ahead right now
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:36 AM   #3
country flag hulky9999

hulky9999 is just really nice hulky9999 is just really nice hulky9999 is just really nice hulky9999 is just really nice hulky9999 is just really nice hulky9999 is just really nice hulky9999 is just really nice hulky9999 is just really nice hulky9999 is just really nice hulky9999 is just really nice hulky9999 is just really nice

Height: Barack 6'2" vs John 5'7". Advantage Barack!
hulky9999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:38 AM   #4
country flag abercrombieguy23

abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute abercrombieguy23 has a reputation beyond repute

hotter wife: Barack
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:40 AM   #5
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

One of the difficult things is that people assume because McCain is Republican he is destined to lose -- not true.

People associate the war, the economy with Bush -- not McCain. McCain can do his own Obama wonders for the Republican party and appeal to Independents. Should be interesting.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 04:16 AM   #6
country flag ptkten

ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abercrombieguy23 View Post
now lets add some weightings.....say 35% for this one....

the near 50% of Hilary Clinton supporters defecting to McCain come General election according to the North Carolina/Indiana Exit polls

combine that with a lack of big democratic states on Obamas part

and McCain is ahead right now
Why would you need to weigh the effects of Hillary supporters defecting

That would be factored into the polls already, he just makes up losing Hillary supporters by winning some wealthy independents and moderate reps. so that's why he's even with McCain even though he doesn't get that high of a percentage of democratic support yet.

And the lack of big states is wrong too, if you look at polling state by state he is even with McCain in the electoral college as well.

But regardless, it's early and he'll only go up after some Hillary supporters get over the disappointment of the primary so it doesn't even matter what the numbers are right now, all that matters is November.

McHale-Stephens-Watson-Robson-Townsend

Brodsky-Muhammed-Hampton-Keys-Crawford-Andrews-Hardebeck
ptkten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 02:16 PM   #7
country flag BigB08822

BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute

Popular vote means SHIT in the general election. It doesn't matter if it is 50/50. All that matters is who wins what states. In this regard, Obama is in trouble as of now. There is tons of time to change that and to see if Hillary's supporters will still vote for him in those swing states. If he loses her voting base in Florida, PA, Ohio then he can kiss his chances goodbye.
BigB08822 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:21 PM   #8
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
Popular vote means SHIT in the general election. It doesn't matter if it is 50/50. All that matters is who wins what states. In this regard, Obama is in trouble as of now. There is tons of time to change that and to see if Hillary's supporters will still vote for him in those swing states. If he loses her voting base in Florida, PA, Ohio then he can kiss his chances goodbye.
I don't think there is.
He's too fucking stubborn and even CNN commented on it on Tuesday.
Pandering is above him. The problem is that's an elitist attitude.
The second problem is that a lot of his policies will never go thru.
So technically he's pandering right now.
You want to win rural voters in PA and Ohio, give them something they can have to hope with, even if it's a slim chance that it will go thru.
That's how these states work. You can't just think you're superhuman and change that kind of politics with an inspirational speech.

If you don't, you give McCain the opportunity to come in and say, you know I'm consistent.
I want to stick with NAFTA. Obama is one minute against it and one minute for it.
I want to stick with Iraq. Obama wants to pull out in 6 months which btw it took 2 years for us to pull out of Iraq the first time.
Ignoring a fact that we stayed in areas of Japan for 15 years and Germany for 50.
One minute you're backing Rev. Wright, the next you're not.

And whether some of you like to believe it or not, the last two elections had to do with "flip-floppers" and the democratic candidate not backing up what he had claimed.

It's just .
Obama has mutual respect for McCain, the biggest load of bull I have ever heard in my fucking life.
And McCain is going to use that comment as well:
"Why all of a sudden a man that had mutual respect for me is now making me out to be the enemy when at every turn of the some in the Republican party to get nasty, I've stomped it in the bud."
It would have been easier to have gone with the idea of I don't respect anything that this man says or does.
Now Obama is going to have to waste time backtracking and making people believe the reason for believing his backtracking.

There are alreasy negative ads out for McCain and people see that and they're associate with with Obama, so even if McCain does go nasty, he can claim he didn't start it.

The democrats are giving the Republicans what they want.
Don't blame these things on Hillary either.
All the comments I've made have nothing to do with Hillary.

Black presidents of the US=1
Black head coaches in the SEC=0
Something needs to change.

Last edited by Wannabeknowitall : May 9th, 2008 at 03:41 PM.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote