Ajla Tomljanovic thread! - Page 85 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2011, 06:49 AM   #1261
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ajla Tomljanovic thread!

A really nice win, great to see that she closed it out it two!

And now, the Clash of the Titans: AJLA against PETRA

May the best one win
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #1262
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic fan View Post
But still hasn't defend Plantation points.
Well, her win allowed her to defend 80% of those points (40 out of 51). Also, it's 1/9 of all her points from last year (357). That's good enough for me!
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #1263
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

It was close though, I think she saved 3 or 4 set points in second set.
I'm glad she stayed strong in those moments!
She will have to play lot better today if she wants to beat Petra who beat her in their only previous encounter.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 07:11 AM   #1264
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

She did even worse than the last time they played - 4 games and a bagel Can't say that I thought she'll win, but I sure was expecting more here. I hope this is proof of Martic getting into some seriously good form, otherwise... OK, she's young enough, but she really should make a breakthrough at slams ASAP.
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #1265
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

i don't know what to say. i want to say she's young and it's just a phase, but none of our girls ever make it
Old Jan 31st, 2011, 07:55 AM   #1266
country flag ma re

Good thing Ajla will again play FED Cup, she needs as many matches as possible. Right after that she has 30 points to defend from Memphis and then about a month later, a series of 4 tournaments where she altogether won 106 points last year. Of course, winning something in IW or Miami in March would certainly help, cause last year she got MD WC's for both and lost in R1 to Martic and Shvedova. She keeps on slipping down the rankings, this week it's from 167 to 179 so she needs to start winning points or she'll soon find herself outside of 200 i.e. no slam qualies.

Ajmo Ajla
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 12:02 AM   #1267
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

she'll get to play some good players. hopefully this can wake her up
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 11:50 AM   #1268
country flag ma re

Just a potentially fun fact...Martic is 2 years older than Ajla, guess what was her ranking this time 2 years ago? Around #210. She hasn't reached ~180 until about June of '09, which means that Ajla, even with this lack of real form obvious in the past few months is still a few months ahead of Martic in terms of development. However, that '09 was crucial for Martic and it was the year when she went from below 200 to inside 100 in one season. Hope Ajla can do something similar soon.
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #1269
country flag croat123

good news..ajla had a nice win today. she beat bammer 4-6 7-6 6-1..was down a set and a break
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #1270
country flag ma re

A wonderful result, really! Ajla's first ever (as far as I know) win over a top 100 player - Bammer is currently #79, but of course with a career-high #19 to her name. Great to see she managed to win such a tough win against such an experienced opponent. Just when I thought Ajla will be yet another one of our girls that we heard of too much and saw too little, she makes such a nice surprise, which will surely be a huge confidence boost to her for this season.

Congratulations Ajla!

Last edited by ma re : Feb 4th, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #1271
country flag Daruma.

Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute

To win a match for her country and against a top 100 player... She should be proud of herself.
Daruma. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #1272
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold

Amazing Ajla

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #1273
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

don't really get why she wasn't playing singles against belarus
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #1274
country flag ma re

She and Mijacika also (played and) won the doubles today, 6:2, 6:3 against Klaffner/Klemenschits! Looks like she's really finding some form. And it's at the right time too!
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #1275
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

Good she won a match here
Croatia at least won one tie in Fed Cup.
And I think avoided relegation.
TeamUla is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread