Ajla Tomljanovic thread! - Page 81 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2010, 07:13 AM   #1201
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ajla Tomljanovic thread!

It will be her last tournament this year it seems as U18 player cannot play more than 18 tournaments per year.
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 12th, 2010, 08:32 AM   #1202
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelag View Post
It will be her last tournament this year it seems as U18 player cannot play more than 18 tournaments per year.
In the post #1129 of this thread, on page 76, I wrote about this (it was during the US Open): "I just checked the (stupid) age eligibility rules on the WTA website and they state that a player can play a maximum of 16 tournaments between her 17th and 18th birthday, excluding only FED Cup matches and SEC.

And this is already Ajla's 8th tournament since turning 17, so she probably won't play much for the rest of this season. Either that, or cut down on the first 4 months of 2011 (in that time during 2010 she played 8 events). She also has 93 points to defend by the end of the season so she'll probably play at least a bit more after the USO."
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 06:59 AM   #1203
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

First on the list for Bayamon 25k (she played there last year and got to the semis from qualies, losing to De Los Rios), the week after Rock Hill.

P. S. The rules don't state that a player cannot play more than a certain number of tournaments because of age, only that any extra tournaments won't count for the rankings. I only don't know if those extra tournaments are the ones where a player won the least points, or any tournament after the 16th played
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #1204
country flag ma re

She's not in Rock Hill, but is still 1st on the list for Bayamon next week.
Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 07:52 AM   #1205
country flag ma re

Still on the Bayamon list as the top seed, not really a surprise cause she has a semi from qualies to defend there, and afterwards there's also that 25k title in Puebla left to defend I'm a bit worried about all this honestly. Meanwhile, Zarina Diyas (also born in '93) is in the QF of WTA Moscow after qualifying and taking out Dulko and Jankovic in the MD. Looks like Ajla will have some catching up to do soon...
Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 07:55 PM   #1206
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Meanwhile, Zarina Diyas (also born in '93) is in the QF of WTA Moscow after qualifying and taking out Dulko and Jankovic in the MD. Looks like Ajla will have some catching up to do soon...
I was thinking the same thing. There's no one younger than Ajla ranked ahead of her but that might change soon, unfortunately...
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2010, 07:57 AM   #1207
country flag ma re

^^ It's not ranking that worries me so much, it's more a fact that she has only beaten one top100 player in her life (and even that one was almost out of 100). If she wants to be a high caliber player (and I've read/heard more than once that her goal is to be #1) she has to get used to beating much better players. Let's hope that comes in 2011.
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 08:00 PM   #1208
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Bayamon draw is out and
Don't even wonna copy that, worst possible
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 11:57 PM   #1209
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah..she got stephens in the qf
although, i really think she was injured in their last match--afterwards she withdrew from a series of tournaments
Old Oct 26th, 2010, 12:05 AM   #1210

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Please, don't get killed by Stephens again.
Old Oct 26th, 2010, 03:12 AM   #1211
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

This week Ajla is also playing doubles...with Stephens

They have a very winnable match: Sloane STEPHENS (USA) / Ajla TOMLJANOVIC (CRO) vs. Yawna ALLEN (USA) / Yuliana LIZARAZO (COL)
Old Oct 26th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #1212
country flag ma re

Nice to see her in doubles too. If she'd fully commit to it, I'm sure she'd be a fantastic doubles player. But of course, singles matches are much more important at this point of her career. Let's hope she does well on "both fronts"
Old Oct 26th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #1213

Yeah, she's junior australian open champion in doubles. Yeah, for sure she can play doubles. Let's see how she will succeed.
Old Oct 26th, 2010, 11:37 PM   #1214
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
They have a very winnable match: Sloane STEPHENS (USA) / Ajla TOMLJANOVIC (CRO) vs. Yawna ALLEN (USA) / Yuliana LIZARAZO (COL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
If she'd fully commit to it, I'm sure she'd be a fantastic doubles player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelag View Post
Yeah, she's junior australian open champion in doubles. Yeah, for sure she can play doubles.
None of us saw this coming:
ALLEN (USA) / LIZARAZO (COL) defeated STEPHENS (USA) / TOMLJANOVIC (CRO) 7-6(5) 4-6 [10-6]
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 06:57 AM   #1215
country flag ma re

...25 points to defend this week...
Closed Thread