Ajla Tomljanovic thread! - Page 72 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #1066
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ajla Tomljanovic thread!

I know it is not that important but it is good to know that Mattek-Sands qualified and won R1 without dropping a set (she beat Vinci, Dushevina and Oudin)!
Hele. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 19th, 2010, 07:52 AM   #1067
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

and she took a set off of clijsters...bad serving + another bad draw
when will she catch a break?
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #1068
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
and she took a set off of clijsters...bad serving + another bad draw
when will she catch a break?
It'll come, don't worry... But it's interesting that with her bad draw luck, she's still ranked so, so high for her age. Makes you wonder where she would be if she had good draw luck.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #1069
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Next year will tell us a lot about her future. Her ranking will be good enough to ensure her a full year of tour-level tennis and I think she'll play very few challengers. If she gets to top20 by the end of 2011 we can almost certainly talk about grand slam potential, otherwise, she'll probably turn into one of many good, but not exceptional players.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 09:26 AM   #1070
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Next year will tell us a lot about her future. Her ranking will be good enough to ensure her a full year of tour-level tennis and I think she'll play very few challengers. If she gets to top20 by the end of 2011 we can almost certainly talk about grand slam potential, otherwise, she'll probably turn into one of many good, but not exceptional players.
I think it is too early to expect from her things like top 20 already next year. I think you should give her more time. This year the youngest player in top 20 is Wozniacki who is 3 years older than Ajla. And the best teenager on the tour is Pavlyuchenkova (22nd in the ranks) and she is two years older than Ajla. So, I think it is too early to expect top 20 from her next year. Maybe she can make few good runs on tour level and break top 100. It would be great.
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #1071
country flag Daruma.

Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan_77 View Post
I think it is too early to expect from her things like top 20 already next year. I think you should give her more time. This year the youngest player in top 20 is Wozniacki who is 3 years older than Ajla. And the best teenager on the tour is Pavlyuchenkova (22nd in the ranks) and she is two years older than Ajla. So, I think it is too early to expect top 20 from her next year. Maybe she can make few good runs on tour level and break top 100. It would be great.
I agree with you. But as ma re pointed out, the next year is going to tell us a lot about her future. I expect her to break TOP 100 and to be ranked in between #100 and #75. There is no reason to rush, she should take small steps, the more experienced she gets, the better the results are.
Daruma. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 09:44 AM   #1072
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

All I'm saying is that next year will show a lot, cause most of the players that have won slams in the past ten years entered top20 by the age of 18 or around that. Of course not all of them came to the top that young (Schiavone is the obvious example) and if she doesen't scrape top20 next year it doesen't mean she'll never win anything big, but I'm just saying that if she does, there is a distinct possibility of a very successful career, not just an OK one.
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #1073
country flag Hele.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
All I'm saying is that next year will show a lot, cause most of the players that have won slams in the past ten years entered top20 by the age of 18 or around that. Of course not all of them came to the top that young (Schiavone is the obvious example) and if she doesen't scrape top20 next year it doesen't mean she'll never win anything big, but I'm just saying that if she does, there is a distinct possibility of a very successful career, not just an OK one.
Well, I agree that next year will show a lot but I just think it is too much to expect top 20 already next year.
Old Aug 21st, 2010, 05:08 PM   #1074
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Evert's interview in Montreal:
Quote:
On the state of women's tennis…
"Everybody goes, 'Oh, look at the state of women's tennis in America,' But really, you can safely say the Williams sisters have been the two dominant players in the last 10 years. Yes, there have been players that have won a Grand Slam here and there, but kudos to the United States for having Venus and Serena. When I played, we didn't have players from Croatia, we didn't have really good Chinese players. It's just unbelievable where these players are popping up from, and that sort of dilutes the Americans... it makes them look not as successful. It's just that the rest of the world's caught up."
Is she talking about Ajla? I guess she is
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 21st, 2010, 08:02 PM   #1075
country flag Bonk

Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of

Bonk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 02:29 PM   #1076
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

here's hoping for a good draw for once...
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 02:31 PM   #1077
country flag Daruma.

Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonk View Post
Thank you! The first pic is
Daruma. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 02:50 PM   #1078
country flag ma re

Thnx for the pics, here are some interesting links (maybe you've seen them, not exactly brand new...):

http://www.palmbeachillustrated.com/...&ArticleId=868

http://www.tennis-babes.com/babepage...novic-Ajla-CRO
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 05:37 PM   #1079
country flag ma re

Some stats...

Ajla is the most successful Croat in terms of ranking this year, she cut her starting ranking (the one with which she started the season) by 46,02%. Lucic is a close second with 41,31% and Vrljic is third with 33,85%. Both Martic and Sprem are negative in this department, with currently 5 and 7 places below their starting rankings respectively. I've only included our players that are now inside top500 for this statistic.

And the best part - the season's not over yet
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:07 PM   #1080
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Birnerova in qr1, Camerin maybe in qr2
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread