Ajla Tomljanovic thread! - Page 314 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2014, 12:01 PM   #4696
country flag motek

motek is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ajla Tomljanovic thread!

I am very pleased with Ajla's play today. She was thought to be an underdog in this match, but for sure, she will be remembered for her efforts. Yes, she chocked, but she also showed a lot of guts when down 0:3 in the 3rd set. The last set was a seesaw, Sloane should be very happy to pull it through. All of this said, I am so sad she didn't find a way to make the last strong effort when serving for the match. On the positive side, this experience can only make her mentally stronger.
motek is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #4697
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motek View Post
On the positive side, this experience can only make her mentally stronger.
I wish I could share your optimism, but if every choke could make her mentally stronger she'd be tougher than Sharapova by now. It's not exactly a new thing for her to lose like this (don't know how long've you been following her), although she so far hasn't chocked away as opportunity as huge as this one. So I'm still searching for a positive in all of it.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #4698
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but she's lost so many of these kinds of matches that I fear this happening "again" can only hurt her

Cilic
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 12:08 PM   #4699
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Cilic
Yes, he sure is setting some new standards out there...
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 12:16 PM   #4700
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

good performance from Ajla, didn't expect such a close scoreline

oh and Voskoboeva just set new standards of choking. after seeing her match I'll go easier on Ajla from now on
Svizac is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #4701
country flag motek

motek is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
I wish I could share your optimism, but if every choke could make her mentally stronger she'd be tougher than Sharapova by now. It's not exactly a new thing for her to lose like this (don't know how long've you been following her), although she so far hasn't chocked away as opportunity as huge as this one. So I'm still searching for a positive in all of it.
I follow her from her beginnings, and know exactly what you are talking about, but I still have hopes that it will be better. As you said, this was an opportunity unlike any other she had until now, so perhaps she will learn something more from this one.
motek is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 01:19 PM   #4702
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always saying for Ajla that she is top 30 player at least! But her mental is for out of top 500! If she lost 25k final match, how she couldn't lose against top 15 player for biggest win of career and best result ever?
Any positive thing is that she just once again showed what she is capable for. Honestly, I think top 50 is just question of time. Cause now she will be playing WTA and will be possible to get more points. And she has more quality for the level she will compete (mostly internationals I guess).

People, just imagine this...if Ajla just have won at least HALF of her matches she lost 5-7 or 6-7 where she would be in the rankings now?
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 01:23 PM   #4703
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

what loss mental midget ajla continues to road

soon as possible to find someone to fix her head

anyway she did what she should, pass R1

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 01:23 PM   #4704
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by volume3d View Post
5-7 in third (was 5-3 up)

DEAD

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 02:45 PM   #4705
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it is evident that Ajla is becoming better and better player despite her choking.
She has big enough game to play vs anyone when she is on.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 03:14 PM   #4706
country flag kuroishijin

kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light

Ah well it could be expected I suppose, she is still milessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssss away from no 1
kuroishijin is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 03:29 PM   #4707
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Can someone describe the score details in the third set? Did Ajla have match point(s)?

Maybe I shouldn't ask.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 03:39 PM   #4708
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Can someone describe the score details in the third set? Did Ajla have match point(s)?

Maybe I shouldn't ask.
Lucikily no! Well, by description she didn't have much chances after 3-5, Stephens became aggressive and Ajla stopped with her game until then!

Last edited by Hele. : Jan 16th, 2014 at 03:47 PM.
Hele. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 03:46 PM   #4709
country flag ma re

That's about right, Ajla had no match points. I missed four games of the final set (from 0-3 to 4-3), but I can attest to the fact that by 5-3 they were both quite agressive and fighting for domination. And then Sloane continued the same way while Ajla disappeared within moments. You could see her missing a service box by something like two feet (OK maybe a bit less) at 5-4 and people in the stands gasped in disbelief. That was a moment I was about 95% sure she'll lose the match. It was painfully obvious.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 05:47 PM   #4710
country flag MalvinLuisandy

MalvinLuisandy is a glorious beacon of light MalvinLuisandy is a glorious beacon of light MalvinLuisandy is a glorious beacon of light MalvinLuisandy is a glorious beacon of light MalvinLuisandy is a glorious beacon of light MalvinLuisandy is a glorious beacon of light MalvinLuisandy is a glorious beacon of light MalvinLuisandy is a glorious beacon of light MalvinLuisandy is a glorious beacon of light MalvinLuisandy is a glorious beacon of light MalvinLuisandy is a glorious beacon of light

1. round mix
Tomljanovic/ Duckworth - Hantuchova/ Paes
MalvinLuisandy is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread