Ajla Tomljanovic thread! - Page 294 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 11:36 PM   #4396
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of
Re: Ajla Tomljanovic thread!

YOUNG GUNS: AJLA TOMLJANOVIC

Ajla Tomljanovic made a tremendous surge up the rankings in 2013 and looks to be another emerging Croatian star

Quote:
The future looks bright for Croatian tennis, with 20-year-old Ajla Tomljanovic and fellow Young Gun Donna Vekic having displayed star power. In fact, the 5-foot-11 Tomljanovic has plenty of power in her game as well.

"I would say I'm an aggressive baseliner," Tomljanovic said. "Because I'm tall, I have big strokes but I'm trying to develop an all-court game, you know, come in more and finish points easier. But we're still working on everything and I think my serve and backhand are my biggest strengths right now."

Here is some evidence that Tomljanovic's work has been paying off, qualifying her as a Young Gun:

• Tomljanovic recorded her first two Top 50 wins in 2013, including a career-best defeat of No.26 Julia Goerges en route to a fourth round showing in Miami in March.
• Tomljanovic made her first WTA quarterfinal at Québec City in September.
• Tomljanovic posted a 43-22 record at all levels in 2013, including 16-10 in WTA matches.
• An illness caused Tomljanovic to come into 2013 ranked just inside the Top 500, but she skyrocketed more than 400 spots in finishing the season as the highest-ranked Croat at No.78.

Despite that ascension, Tomljanovic is far from satisfied with where she's at, so a further ranking rise would hardly be a surprise.

"Short-term goals are just to get my ranking up as high as possible every week and just keep on developing," Tomljanovic said. "But, long-term it's the dreams you had when you were a kid - you want to be the best, win Slams and be No.1. Before that, though, there are a lot of short-term goals."

Should Tomljanovic achieve those long-term goals, she would join former French Open winner Iva Majoli as Croatia's only Grand Slam champions and would surpass former No.4 Majoli as the highest-ranked Croatian.
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...la-tomljanovic

Last edited by RU90 : Dec 5th, 2013 at 04:02 PM. Reason: WTA typo
RU90 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 9th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #4397
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Wow, she is still on Merida 25K list

Everything beside title there would be huge disappointment for me, 50K Ankara would be much better preparation for new season.
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #4398
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

It's closer to Florida, and probably it's beacuse of coaching situation. GL
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #4399
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
Wow, she is still on Merida 25K list

Everything beside title there would be huge disappointment for me, 50K Ankara would be much better preparation for new season.

Well, I wouldn't expect too much in terms of results. If she plays it's probably more for a little off-season match practice than anything else. It wouldn't surprise me if she tanks after two wins.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 16th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #4400
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

she is working with David Taylor (stosur former coach)on a trial basis https://twitter.com/TennisReporters/...63266544861184
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 16th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #4401
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

CH Merida 25,000 $ 1R

A. Tomljanovic [1] (77) - P. Uberalova (405)

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 06:28 AM   #4402
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

She is ranked something like 150 spots above the next one in...
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #4403
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Uberalova could spring a surprise. Her recent results have been mediocre but she has already won a $25K this year. I feel much better about Ajla's chances in R2.
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #4404
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold
You never know with Uberalova. She had some nice wins this year but she also lost to Lekaj and amazing Silvija Njiric
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #4405
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Stosur’s former coach has new pupil

Quote:
Matt Cronin of Tennisreports.net Tweets that David Taylor, the longtime coach of Samantha Stosur who was let go after the season, has been working with Ajla Tomljanovic on a trial basis and is expected to accompany her to Australia.

Tomljanovic, long a promising prospect who has run into a few roadblocks so far in her fledgling career, has been based out of the Evert Academy in Florida for a long time.

Just 20, she’s currently ranked No. 77 after posting a very good 43-22 record in 2013 – mostly on the smaller circuits.

She qualified and got to the second round of the U.S. Open and also qualified at Wimbledon, losing a tough one, 9-7 in the third, to Bojana Jovanovski.

And she took full advantage of a wild card into the big Miami event.

Considering Tomljanovic started the season ranked No. 495, that’s a stupendous effort to finish inside the top 100 after missing nearly all of 2012.

Officially coached by Dad, it’s probably time she went big-league on the coaching side.

She’s a big, strong girl who really crushes the ball.

And she seems to have managed to get Taylor to smile (a rare sight in recent years) – from the pic she Tweeted today.

(actually, picture is from Nov. 30 -ed.)

http://opencourt.ca/the-last-word-dec-16-2013/

Last edited by RU90 : Dec 17th, 2013 at 02:32 PM.
RU90 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 02:34 AM   #4406
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Ajla wins first round match 4&2
xcrtbckhnd is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 03:30 AM   #4407
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

Next ... V. Rodriguez [wc] (516)

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #4408
country flag networthy

They were good to begin with, but with Uberalova out of the way, Ajla's chances of reaching the QF have shot way up.

After that it's Evtimova (285 but CH 145) or Weinhold (422 but CH 181).
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #4409
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Lets face it..She's top 80, and no othet girl in draw is in TOP200. Anything but winning the tournament is not good.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #4410
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Lets face it..She's top 80, and no othet girl in draw is in TOP200. Anything but winning the tournament is not good.
+1
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread