Ajla Tomljanovic thread! - Page 276 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #4126
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ajla Tomljanovic thread!

Actually if Ajla ends the year on a high note, she has a realistic chance to finish it as our best ranked player. Based on projections, Donna is at the moment #76, Ajla is #91 and Petra #95. But Ajla is the only one of the three not defending any points, compared to Donna - who has close to 150 - and Petra - close to 200 points still to defend. It's totally possible.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #4127
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Actually if Ajla ends the year on a high note, she has a realistic chance to finish it as our best ranked player. Based on projections, Donna is at the moment #76, Ajla is #91 and Petra #95. But Ajla is the only one of the three not defending any points, compared to Donna - who has close to 150 - and Petra - close to 200 points still to defend. It's totally possible.
That's quite shocking, even though it's very possible. Let's hope this healthy competition pushes all of them to become better.
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 06:54 AM   #4128
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Ajla and Bethanie are starting off today's program on center court in Quebec - 17:00 CET (of course, streamed).

Ajmo Ajla!!!!!
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #4129
country flag prima donna

prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of prima donna has much to be proud of

75 first set
prima donna is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #4130
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

What a wonderful set from Ajla. from 5-5 0-40 won next 9 points and set 7-5. She had like at least 3 holds to love, beautiful tennis!
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #4131
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Too bad my internet connection is so bad that I can't watch this match

I love both players but I obviously cheer for Ajla

Keep it up girl !
vladekCRO is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #4132
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Petra watching.
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #4133
ajmo!

Great hold.. 7-5 3-6 3-0
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #4134
ajmo!

Bad fall from BMS at 4-1 for Ajla in third
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #4135
country flag ma re

Beth retires so Ajla through to play Erakovic (call me crazy but that's winnable). Never happy about anyone's injury cause it could happen to one of ours next time, but Ajla really did deserve to go through here. Credit to Mattek for fighting too.
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #4136
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

So Ajla was winning before BMS took a fall, so that can't be an excuse. But bad luck for her.

First WTA quarterfinal for Ajla!
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #4137
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Her chance of finishing year as our No.1 player are really big now . . . and she will play 75K and 50K right after this tournament

GL against Erakovic
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #4138
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

Awesome result for Ajla

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 03:10 AM   #4139
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Ajla up to #86 in the live rankings
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 07:58 AM   #4140
country flag ma re

First up on CC again today, but this time an hour later (18:00 CET).

These two actually played twice before, in the final of Jackson 25k and qualies of the French Open, both in 2011, with Erakovic winning both in straights. But Ajla was a very different player then, pre-mono and ranked around #200, while Erakovic was on a comeback, won 3 ITF's (25k) that year, starting it outside of 300 and finishing around #60 with a w-l record of 47-16 for the season. That very year she also played a final here in Quebec, which is her best result in this tournament. But in the past few weeks her form has been shaky, with quite a few tough wins and easy losses against low ranked players. Her last notable results were winning against Suarez Navarro in Cincinnati and Morita and Peng in Wimbledon. In USO she got bageled by Torro-Flor, who is in good form indeed, but not exactly a top quality player.

Anyway, I think Ajla has a shot here if she manages to play one of the best matches of the season. She seems hungry for wins, motivated, her backhand is doing damage, and her forehand is not lagging far behind. She moves well and serves awesome. Her main weakness is, just like in the case of Lucic, her second serve which is usually open for attacks if she faces at least a mediocre returner.

All in all - good luck Ajla
Closed Thread