Ajla Tomljanovic thread! - Page 260 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #3886
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ajla Tomljanovic thread!

I'd be happy with "just" AO MD too - 132 points away. Qualifying in NYC would give her half of that and the rest can come from a few challengers without too much trouble. She is currently at 14 for the week, semis is worth 10 more.
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 9th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #3887
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

The player that pushed Ajla in the second round has never even won a 10K
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #3888
country flag kuroishijin

kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
The player that pushed Ajla in the second round has never even won a 10K
From that perspective Ajla can forget top 100 or AO MD any time soon
kuroishijin is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #3889
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishijin View Post
From that perspective Ajla can forget top 100 or AO MD any time soon
I wouldn't judge someone's quality based on one match. A lousy day at the office can happen to anyone.
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #3890
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunately, i don't feel good based on her last three tournaments
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #3891
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

It's weird to be honest. Even after break she came back strong at the end of the lat year and the start of this.
I hope he gets it together.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #3892
country flag croat123

4-5* despite having won more points. 1/6 on bps
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #3893
country flag croat123

4-6
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #3894
country flag croat123

and broken to start the second...
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #3895
country flag ma re

4 & 4
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #3896
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Disappointing

Really bad results in last three tournaments Looks like this was her last tournament before US Open

Ajla is such up & down player, you never know what to expect from her

Despite all, I still believe in her . . . she said that she is happy to be back on court and that she knows that she must improve on her fitness and other stuff in order to compete with the best.

I am big optimist for 2014. Just pray that she stays healthy and it will be better
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 05:49 AM   #3897
country flag ma re

Yeah, it's a bit of a bummer this loss, but look at it this way - if someone told you at the start of the year where her ranking will be in summer, what would you say?
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #3898
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

I agree, but it is still frustrating to see her again in bad form, we know that she has amazing talent and that she should win these 25K's without problems. Defeat against Liv hurts more when we look further into draw, her opponent in semis is player barely ranked in top 500

If Ajla can bring her "A game" to US open, she can make it into top 100 already
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #3899
country flag ma re

And bringing your A game to the most important events is a trait of great players. Let's see if she can make that happen - would be great, and in my book make up for all the shitty matches played on the ITF circuit.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #3900
country flag vladekCRO

New CH ranking for Ajla (#129.)
Closed Thread