Ajla Tomljanovic thread! - Page 244 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #3646
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice
Re: Ajla Tomljanovic thread!

Ajla just wasn't good enough on the return,in few momments I thought that Serena or Sharapova were at the other side of the net, and not Flipkens. Most of first serves of Kristen( her serve is nothing special IMO) Ajla sent in the bottom of the net or miles away wide or long. Flipkens wasn't particularly good herself on return but those 2 advantages Ajla missed were the key momments of the match. In one of those Flipper's forehand landed on baseline, but I wouldn't count on Ajla closing out the match if the forehand was only inch longer than it was. All in all good preparation for Wimbledon, but the feeling of bitterness after defeat like that must stick with her. I hope she won't think about it too much, and go through the qualies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 12th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #3647
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

wow, very bummed about this
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 06:40 AM   #3648
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Probably the best chance Ajla will get in a long time to reach R3 of a WTA, and this is what she brings to the court?! Ajla definately played below her best, but what Flipkens showed, compared to how good she can play, was pretty pathetic. I mean, we're talking about top 20 material here and a girl who is a two time 's-Hertogenbosch semifinalist. I really can't get past the fact that this was a huge chance. With a win her of this caliber her confidence would've skyrocketed.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #3649
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Ajla played smart in some areas, I feel like they had nice tactics but it wasn't her day.
She was serving so smart, into the body and backhand of Flipkens, had some smart shots that Flipkens did not expect but that 2 points at 64 45 30-30 are criminal. Can't say for more because I decided not to watch 3rd set.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #3650
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Ajla played smart in some areas, I feel like they had nice tactics but it wasn't her day.
She was serving so smart, into the body and backhand of Flipkens, had some smart shots that Flipkens did not expect but that 2 points at 64 45 30-30 are criminal. Can't say for more because I decided not to watch 3rd set.
Smart decision, it was a pathetic performance by Ajla (and she still had a great chance to go 6:5 up with a serve, that just tells you how poor Flipper was)
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #3651
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Rybarikova expectedly took care of Flipkens in straights (6 & 2) and will face Madison Keys for a place in the semis.
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #3652
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

I finally got to see a bit of Ajla's game, and it is interesting (lots of backhand slices, drop shots, and decent serve). Her style seems to suit the grass, but shouldn't she be coming into net more? It's frustrating for me to see most modern players avoiding the net in general.
RU90 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 12:31 PM   #3653
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Ajla manages to qualify for Wimbledon MD, player with talent like hers belongs there.
It's good thing that she has still much room to improve also.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #3654
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/score.../us/usdraw.pdf

DANIILIDOU, Eleni GRE (5)-PANOVA, Alexandra RUS
FALCONI, Irina USA-KOZLOVA, Kateryna UKR
TOMLJANOVIC, Ajla CRO-GAVRILOVA, Daria RUS
BUYUKAKCAY, Cagla TUR-PEGULA, Jessica USA (14)
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #3655
country flag ma re

Really don't know what to think about this one - a battle of two former junior wonders. But Ajla is so up and down that it's hard to predict, eventhough she could win it. On the other hand, the vast majority of girls in this draw are like that as well. But let's not forget that this is a slam, a place where Ajla is generally out of any luck. Maybe this time around she'll get it back for all the misfortune of previous years, with dividends.
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #3656
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Tough draw, only if she plays well she can qualify.
Good luck!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #3657
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm...Don't know what to think about this one. She has a chance, GL
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #3658
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

i mean, she really should get through this.
gavrilova did have a decent run (R2 from qualies) in the neatherlands last year. daniilidou got injured in birmingham last week, but can be dangerous on grass. pegula has never playing on the surface at the ITF/WTA level and went to nuremberg last week (enough said). ajla has the most quality out of the bunch in that section.
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #3659
country flag yenac

We all thought that she had a winnable section in RG, and she ended up losing to Polona thathasn't been playing a lot before that. She has a chance, but she will have to use break points better than she did in RG.
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #3660
country flag yenac

OOP is out, Ajla is first up on C11 in 12:00 CET GL
Closed Thread