Ajla Tomljanovic thread! - Page 239 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #3571
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice
Re: Ajla Tomljanovic thread!

Tomljanovic def. Oudin 6:3 6:1, unbelievable, at 3:2 it looked like it's gonna be a tight match, then 9 games in a row... I didn't watch the match on stream, only livescore, was it all about Ajla, or Melanie just crumbled? All in all, congrats Ajla
yenac is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 10th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #3572
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

It was all about Ajla, this was by far the best match I ever saw her playing. Serve was fantastic, backhand was excellent, she totally outpowered poor Oudin.
vladekCRO is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #3573
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

She was number one among her generation on pro tour rankings 3 years ago and then got sick. There is no reason to not become number one again and make top 10. People forgeting she didn't play last 3 years.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #3574
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenac View Post
Tomljanovic def. Oudin 6:3 6:1, unbelievable, at 3:2 it looked like it's gonna be a tight match, then 9 games in a row... I didn't watch the match on stream, only livescore, was it all about Ajla, or Melanie just crumbled? All in all, congrats Ajla
Oudin was terrible and Ajla made just couple of errors. Oudin played great only game she won in the 2nd set.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #3575
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
It was all about Ajla, this was by far the best match I ever saw her playing. Serve was fantastic, backhand was excellent, she totally outpowered poor Oudin.
Thanks vladek, that makes this win even bigger, Ajla has more MD wins in Wta tournaments this year than Donna
yenac is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #3576
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Great controled play by Ajla.
Shame she is in this section of the draw and facing first seed in next round.
Good luck!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #3577
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
Great controled play by Ajla.
Shame she is in this section of the draw and facing first seed in next round.
Good luck!
I firmly believe that Ajla will beat Flipkens if she can repeat today's high level

Really good performance.

btw. I expected that Ajla will be more on the net but she rarely went on it. She will have to do it lot more against Flipkens.
vladekCRO is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #3578
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

A really wonderful performance today by Ajla, well done! She was in control for the greatest part of the match and, what's even more important, focused on the match instead of thinking about the opponent and letting her mind possibly get in the way. Of course, we have to be fair and admit that Oudin helped a lot, as she is totally out of form at the moment and not even resembling her old self from a few years ago. All in all, a valuable WTA win for Ajla, and a huge challenge coming up in the next round.

Flipkens will be considerably more consistent and dangerous than Oudin, eventhough she is not in the best of forms either, but still she is a class above either Oudin or Tomljanovic. Not to mention that she Loves grass (the capital letter is not a mistake) and has the game well suited for it. Oh and did we mention that she is one of the fastest rising players in terms of ranking for the past year or so - definately a huge task ahead of Ajla.

With a performance like today she can certainly do damage, but I still don't see her through the next one. Hope I'm wrong, of course. With another win she'd ensure herself a new c-h ranking, although I'd say she's already done a pretty awesome job this week.

Best of luck in the next one girl!
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #3579
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

ajla played very well. we need to start building some grass courts in croatia for our title run in fed cup 2015
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #3580
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
ajla played very well. we need to start building some grass courts in croatia for our title run in fed cup 2015
Good point there Although jokes aside, it's really frustrating having so many players who feel (and play) great on grass, yet this grasscourt season is so freakin' short...
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #3581
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

agreed
even if you include the second week of RG, we only get 5 weeks of play...
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #3582
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome!
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #3583
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Great victory for Ajla. I would be very disappointed if she don't enter top 100 at least this year. Maybe top 80.
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #3584
country flag croat123

one step at a time. she's never qualified for the main draw of a slam, but i think she'll be the favorite in her section at this point
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #3585
country flag Daruma.

Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute

What a win, Ajla!
Daruma. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread