Ajla Tomljanovic thread! - Page 214 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 09:30 PM   #3196
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ajla Tomljanovic thread!

that said, flipkins is a phenomenal draw for the fourth round of miami...good luck ajla!
Advertisement

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 09:32 PM   #3197
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Great draw for Ajla in 4th round.
Flipkens will obviously feel as a favorite and will have pressure on her shoulders to prove it.
Ajla has nothing to lose, huge underdog.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:15 PM   #3198
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Ajla is talented enough to beat Flipkens. She'll need to have a really good day, though.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:09 PM   #3199
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Have to disagree, i think Kvitove would have been a better opponent here. Flipkens is gonna drive Ajla crazy with those backhand slices and a change of pace.
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:57 PM   #3200
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

I also think that Ajla has very little chance to beat Flipkens, but who knows, she surprised us three times this week already

EDIT: Report from WTA site

Tomljanovic was the first to win through, rallying from a first set blowout and toughing out a 73-minute third set to edge Andrea Petkovic, 06 64 76(1). Though they were both wildcards, and Petkovic is playing just her second WTA event back after missing two and a half months with a knee injury, the victory was still a big one given Petkovic is a former World No.9 - a former semifinalist here too.

"She came out hitting the corners and it took me some time to get used to," Tomljanovic said after the match. "We had a really long first game and I couldn't convert on the break points. It was a pretty slow start for me. In the second set I thought, 'If I'm going to lose, I want to lose the right way.' So I really tried to play better and get into the match more and I fought my way through the second set.

"I had a really great start to the third set, going up 3-0, and I had so many chances to close the set out easier than it was, but it turned into a battle. I think we both played really well at the end."

Tomljanovic had never won back-to-back main draw matches at the WTA level before this - now she has won three in a row, following wins over Ksenia Pervak and Julia Goerges earlier on in the week.

Her feelings on Miami? "I love this tournament," she beamed. "It's my favorite so far. I love it!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Before Miami, Ajla had only two wins in WTA International tournaments (MD), Memphis and Budapest . . . and now she has three wins in one Premier mandatory event

Last edited by vladekCRO : Mar 24th, 2013 at 08:51 AM.
vladekCRO is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #3201
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

It's her favorite tournament - go figure

Anyway, I was really shocked to see the score of Flipkens vs. Kvitova yesterday and it wouldn't surprise me if some sort of illness played a role in that one. Kvitova would certainly be a valuable experience for Ajla, but we really can't do anything about that. I'm sure Flipkens will be an interesting challenge as well, especially since she tends to be quite erratic, and if you can play with her nerves you're half way there. Not sure Ajla will have enough ammunition to take her out, but we've seen bigger surprises than that so who knows. A real bummer is that this won't be streamed (probably), but whatever happens she can at least say that she is now a player with a great WTA Tour run under her belt and a win over a former top 10. I honestly think that many girls ranked quite a bit higher would've been thrilled with a win over Petkovic. Another thing that delights me is that Ajla is finally learning how to win tight matches, and it's one of the toughest lessons any tour pro has to go through if s/he wants to go far.

Just keep it going Ajla. Whatever you've been doing this year (and in the off season), it's definately working.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #3202
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

AT:
Quote:
"She came out hitting the corners and it took me some time to get used to," Tomljanovic said after the match. "We had a really long first game and I couldn't convert on the break points. It was a pretty slow start for me. In the second set I thought, 'If I'm going to lose, I want to lose the right way.' So I really tried to play better and get into the match more and I fought my way through the second set.

"I had a really great start to the third set, going up 3-0, and I had so many chances to close the set out easier than it was, but it turned into a battle. I think we both played really well at the end."
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #3203
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....4&postcount=82
This is what Andrea said about the match.
Sounds very positive!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #3204
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold
Last paragraph says it all

Match against Flipkens is going to be very hard, if Ajla goes into it relaxed and if she realizes that she has not anything to lose, she can complicate things for Kirsten

EDIT: Is Court 1 streamed? If yes we can watch Ajla tomorrow, she plays first match of the day on Court 1, start 11h (local time)

Last edited by vladekCRO : Mar 24th, 2013 at 09:49 PM.
vladekCRO is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #3205
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember correctly, they turn off the cameras starting tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong!
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #3206
country flag LittlestThing

LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light

I thought te cameras were on for some matches and off for others? In any case, I doubt there will be a stream for Ajla's match
LittlestThing is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 07:30 AM   #3207
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

No stream scheduled on LSH
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #3208
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Hard to believe that so soon into her comeback, Ajla is one match away from a new CH ranking.

Last edited by networthy : Mar 25th, 2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 07:49 AM   #3209
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Hard to believe Ajla is one match away from a new CH ranking
It would at the same time get her pretty close to seeding in the French Open (and Wimbledon) qualies
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 08:34 AM   #3210
country flag networthy

Ajla has been on an absolute tear this year. In just the first three months of 2013, she has picked up 311 points. That would allow her to end the year just inside the top 200 even if she doesn't win another point the rest of the year!
Closed Thread