Ajla Tomljanovic thread! - Page 166 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 09:23 AM   #2476
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ajla Tomljanovic thread!

Ajla

Shelby had very good season and I didn't expect this

Keep it up girl
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:07 AM   #2477
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't saw this coming. To win sets 61 and 62 against such a good player(that easily def. Davis in R2) after not playing almost hole year is just
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:42 AM   #2478
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Next up Duque Marino - it'll be very tough, but Ajla played her once (in '10) on clay and won (barely, but still). Of course that there's no pressure on Ajla to win this, but MDM is also coming back after about 10 weeks that's she's been away from tennis (I can only guess it was some sort of injury, don't know for sure). Of course, this doesn't mean she's severely out of form, cause she won a 25k just last week, but since she's also competing in singles and doubles this week, at least we know she could get tired and open the door slightly more for Ajla.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 09:40 PM   #2479
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

^^
Ajla lost 64 57 57
Shame as this was great opportunity to make this comeback even more amazing.
Such a close match, she had so many in her career resulting with a loss.
So good to see her back!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:41 PM   #2480
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Excellent effort against top 200 player and I'm very satisfied with comeback

Hope she will play like this next week on 75K in Phoenix
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 07:26 AM   #2481
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Kudos for effort Ajla, a very nice result all things considered
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #2482
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

That was a tough scoreline and MDM is playing well, so I'm not disappointed. Hope for Ajla to do well in Phoenix!
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 02:57 AM   #2483
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Ajla is not in the Phoenix Q draw. Perhaps she made the MD???
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 22nd, 2012, 05:51 AM   #2484
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Ajla is in the qualifying for two $25Ks in January in Florida, USA: Innisbrook starting on the 7th and Port St. Lucie starting on the 14th. Both are outdoor green clay.

I hope that 2013 is a much better year for her and she is healthy. Anything less than a Top 150 finish would be really disappointing. This will be a VERY important year in her career.
Old Dec 22nd, 2012, 06:23 AM   #2485
country flag ma re

She is currently about 160 pts away from #250, so with a reasonably good form and assuming she stays healthy, she shouldn't have a problem securing a place in the RG qualies (entry closes the last week of April, I think).
Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 06:47 PM   #2486
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of

Hopefully she will continue the form she had in New Braunfels, TX in November in 2013. If she keeps improving on that form, we can finally expect some impressive stuff form Ajla.
Kutuzova is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:56 AM   #2487
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of

Starting the year off in qualies at the 25K in Innisbrook, FL. Cruised in her first round. Keep it up Ajla!

Naomi Osaka (JPN) d. (8/wc)Nicole Melichar (USA) 76(1) 64
Sanaz Marand (USA) d. Maria Sakkari (GRE) 61 61
Kyra Wojcik (USA) d. Stephanie Nauta (USA) 64 62
(15)Ajla Tomljanovic (CRO) d. Kristy Frilling (USA) 61 62
Kutuzova is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #2488
country flag ma re

It must be frustrating for her to have to play qualies on 25k's all over again, but at least we can all be happy that she is healthy and kickin' ass
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #2489
country flag vladekCRO

61 61 against Wojcik . . . Keep it up!
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #2490
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

struggled, but qualified. 6-3 3-6 6-1. plays albanese first round