Ajla Tomljanovic thread! - Page 133 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #1981
country flag cro123456

cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all
Re: Ajla Tomljanovic thread!

The loss to Falconi just shows that she simply wont be a decent Top100/50 player, as much as I hate to admit.
Great talent, but no serve at all there, I think she simply lacks the power.
Sloppy playing in crucial moments, with that pissed of behaviour.
Shes going nowhere, just another Croat hope, fading away. Honestly I think its time to face the obvious.
cro123456 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 5th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #1982
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cro123456 View Post
The loss to Falconi just shows that she simply wont be a decent Top100/50 player, as much as I hate to admit.
Great talent, but no serve at all there, I think she simply lacks the power.
Sloppy playing in crucial moments, with that pissed of behaviour.
Shes going nowhere, just another Croat hope, fading away. Honestly I think its time to face the obvious.
You are overreacting here!
I have no idea why you thought that Ajla is favorite when Falconi is in her best form at the moment, playing at level which Ajla never did.
She beat Govortsova, Zhang and Razzano, took set of Petrova last week.
Ajla isn't capable of doing anything like that yet.
It's just normal defeat, nothing strange here.
She beat players she was suppose to beat and that's fine.
Don't have such high expectations of her and it will be easier to follow her!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #1983
country flag cro123456

cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all

I dont think Im overreacting, and I also never had any high expectations.
Have you ever seen Falconi play, shes awful mate, I tell you awful, a shorty who cant hit a BH drive to save her life, equally what from she currently has.
You know its certainly time for some crucial wins, she cant always beat the girls shes supposed to beat or choking away matches against those girls.
Did you watch her last few broadcasted matches. Honestly I have never seen someone with such a piss poor serve, its not the 1st serve percentage that kills her, its her serve which overall a poor as hell stroke. Just look at her points, she won after bringin in her first serve. Really poor percentage, on her second one you never know if the DF is about to come.
Shes 18 years old know, at this, not long ago age players started to win Slams.(Im not saying she has to win a Slam neither she has to win a WTA tournamentbut) she either manages to establish herself on the Pro Circuit or shes going to be some journeywoman like Pandzic, Lisjak and all the other fallen Croats.
At age of 18 she has believe it or not 2 WTA Tour wins. Robson, Garcia, Watson, Stephens, already caused a stir on the Tour, while dont know even her name.

P.S her das was probably drunk when he said she would win a Slam, although he was just being a dad
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 08:36 PM   #1984

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

No I have never seen Falconi, but judging by her results she is not this bad as you say.
And I don't expect Ajla to win slams, I just hope she can make it to top 100 eventualy.
When she achieves that then we will see how good she can be.
She can get in some sort of hot form still and make some good results or not.
Potential is there, it depends on her...
Yeah I don't like such statements from tennis dads, but I guess he wanted attention.

I don't think Robson and Garcia caused any stir on the Tour.
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #1985
country flag cro123456

Both Robson and Garcia gave Masha a great fight. Ajla wouldve gotten the Double Bagel.
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 02:44 AM   #1986
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:
I dont think Im overreacting, and I also never had any high expectations.
Shes 18 years old know, at this, not long ago age players started to win Slams.(Im not saying she has to win a Slam neither she has to win a WTA tournamentbut) she either manages to establish herself on the Pro Circuit or shes going to be some journeywoman like Pandzic, Lisjak and all the other fallen Croats.
At age of 18 she has believe it or not 2 WTA Tour wins. Robson, Garcia, Watson, Stephens, already caused a stir on the Tour, while dont know even her name.

A certain somebody is being a drama queen

Let's cut our girl Ajla some slack. Consider that there's only one player ranked higher than her who's younger (Garcia).

Besides, it's impossible to predict career trajectories. Ajla could fall out of the top 200 by the end of the year or have her breakthrough tournament any week and break into the top 100.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 10:21 AM   #1987
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen Falconi play many times, she's good and smart. I was actually surprised to see how first set was close(not by games but by points).
But I also think Ajla's not making right progress. Anyway, US Open will show it all. Time to make it to MD.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Let's cut our girl Ajla some slack. Consider that there's only one player ranked higher than her who's younger (Garcia).

Besides, it's impossible to predict career trajectories. Ajla could fall out of the top 200 by the end of the year or have her breakthrough tournament any week and break into the top 100.
This is very well said!
It's stupid to expect anything from her, you just never know how her career is going to be.
We can hope for the best and maybe she needs a bit of luck as well to get kind draw for some bigger points.
Often players suddenly reach next level, I sence it is close for her, we'll see.
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 07:03 AM   #1989
country flag Karolina_Sprem

Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of

I do agree with croat1234...Ajla has to change something in her game...ASAP...

..Karolina Sprem...
...Petra Martic & Ajla Tomljanovic...
...Petra Kvitova & Sorana Cirstea...
...Sesil Karatantcheva...
Karolina_Sprem is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 11:01 PM   #1990
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Ajla plays WC Lauren Embree in Bronx R1 this week. The winner will likely play the #2 seed, Hlavackova.

Good luck, Ajla!
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #1991
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

I know her father said in the past that they would like to work with Prpic since Ajla worked with him when she was younger. I have a feeling that this what she's doing with Evert Academy's going nowhere. She has the money to pay Prpic, he's no longer with Veic.. Maybe it's time to make big change. Because it's not me making stories, I remember her father saying two years ago how she expects Ajla to win Slam in 2011.
Well, good day, she hasn't even played MD.

Look at her results in the last two years. No progress at all. When she reached 50k Prague final last year I thought she would be TOP100 by the end of the year. She's done nothing but won two more 25k tournaments. Nothing on big stage, no big wins. Just few big chokes in Memphis and Miami. She was just lucky to draw that girl that doesn't even know how to walk, what about playing tennis, in Budapest.

Something's going wrong. She has the talent and all court game but she needs more power and even more consistency. And a therapy 'cause you can't choke that often.

I just hope for a big run in Flushing Meadows. Failing again in Grand Slam Q draw would just confirm that she's the level of player that her ranking shows.

Last edited by ajmo! : Aug 9th, 2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 01:09 PM   #1992
country flag cro123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
I know her father said in the past that they would like to work with Prpic since Ajla worked with him when she was younger. I have a feeling that this what she's doing with Evert Academy's going nowhere. She has the money to pay Prpic, he's no longer with Veic.. Maybe it's time to make big change. Because it's not me making stories, I remember her father saying two years ago how she expects Ajla to win Slam in 2011.
Well, good day, she hasn't even played MD.

Look at her results in the last two years. No progress at all. When she reached 50k Prague final last year I thought she would be TOP100 by the end of the year. She's done nothing but won two more 25k tournaments. Nothing on big stage, no big wins. Just few big chokes in Memphis and Miami. She was just lucky to draw that girl that doesn't even know how to walk, what about playing tennis, in Budapest.

Something's going wrong. She has the talent and all court game but she needs more power and even more consistency. And a therapy 'cause you can't choke that often.

I just hope for a big run in Flushing Meadows. Failing again in Grand Slam Q draw would just confirm that she's the level of player that her ranking shows.
I completely agree, especially with the last part.
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #1993
country flag networthy

Ajla Tomljanovic (CRO) d. (wc)Lauren Embree (USA) 26 60 63

Next match will be tough, against the #2 seed, Hlavackova. Good luck, Ajla!
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 11:50 PM   #1994
country flag networthy

Ajla has moved up from 179 in early July to 170 in mid-July to 165 last week and to 162 this week.

With today's win she'll likely move into the mid-150s. She'll be getting very close to her CH ranking of 154, from September 2010.
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #1995
ajmo!

GL against Andrea
Closed Thread