Girl carries secret baby to hospital, still attached - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2008, 04:36 PM   #1
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
Girl carries secret baby to hospital, still attached

LONG BEACH, California (AP) -- A 17-year-old girl gave birth secretly at home, then walked four blocks to a hospital with the baby still attached by its umbilical cord.

Xochitl Parra holds newborn Alejandro, as her sister, left, a nurse and Parra's mother pose with her Saturday.

"I was just a little nervous" when the labor began, Xochitl Parra said Friday from St. Mary Medical Center as she cradled her 8-pound, 3-ounce son, Alejandro.

The boy was normal and "eating like a champ," said Dr. Jose Perez, director of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.

The teenager said she was alone and taking a shower around 5:30 a.m. Wednesday to get ready for school. Then the contractions took over.

"I felt his head coming, so I sit down and pushed so he could come out," she said.

Parra did not call 911 because the home phone was disconnected, and she did not want to wake the neighbors because it was so early. Instead, she wrapped the baby, got dressed and went to the hospital on foot.

"I started walking and jogging to the hospital," she said.

The teen came into the hospital lobby and asked for help, Perez said.

"She still had the placenta and the baby was still attached, so of course everyone said, 'Don't move!' " he said.

Perez praised the girl for taking quick action.

"They could have bled to death; thank God that didn't happen," the doctor said. "She was very clever. She knew what to do. She wrapped the baby up and walked over here."

Parra, a sophomore at Long Beach Poly High, said she kept her pregnancy a secret because she was afraid her mother would "kick me out of the house." Her mother has now accepted the situation and is going to help the teen care for the baby so she can continue attending school, Parra said.

Perez called the outcome "heartwarming."

"We hear so much negative with teenagers throwing their babies in the Dumpsters," he said. "This baby is fine, and hopefully there will be a happy ending with the extended family.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/05/04/tee....ap/index.html

Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #2
SOA_MC

SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Girl carries secret baby to hospital, still attached

There seems to be alot of teenage girls that keep their pregnancy a secret even from their family. Somebody should look into the reasons why they do at least for the babys sake.
SOA_MC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 05:50 PM   #3
country flag Destiny

Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute

It's sad that she had to keep it a secret. At least it didn't lead to the baby dying.

TWITTER NAME : https://twitter.com/Mozzawalks
Destiny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #4
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

So she didn't pass the placenta!? That must've been one messy walk to the hospital.

It must've been so scary for her to give birth by herself in a shower.

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 07:05 PM   #5
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

if shes a smart girl
she should have used a condom..

i really dont know what the writer is trying to bring...
seems like he/she likes teenagers giving birth
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 07:44 PM   #6
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

I never understood how so many teenagers kept their pregancy secret. I mean, isn't visible?
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 08:55 PM   #7
country flag Seyz

Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold Seyz is a splendid one to behold

Uh.. how did she hide a pregnancy? How did her parents *not* notice?
Seyz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 09:17 PM   #8
spartanfan

spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Two things. If you are a plus sized girl/woman and wear baggy clothes then its easy to hide. Did noone else pick up on the fact that she's 17 and a sophomore in high school? I turned 17 in the fall of my SENIOR year in hight school. Did noone else find this strange?
spartanfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #9
country flag b_o_r

b_o_r is a name known to all b_o_r is a name known to all b_o_r is a name known to all b_o_r is a name known to all b_o_r is a name known to all b_o_r is a name known to all b_o_r is a name known to all b_o_r is a name known to all b_o_r is a name known to all b_o_r is a name known to all b_o_r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanfan View Post
Two things. If you are a plus sized girl/woman and wear baggy clothes then its easy to hide. Did noone else pick up on the fact that she's 17 and a sophomore in high school? I turned 17 in the fall of my SENIOR year in hight school. Did noone else find this strange?
Sometimes that happens in public schools. We had a 13 year old who was in the 3rd grade back in the early 90's
b_o_r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #10
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Kids get left behind for so many reasons (she could be one of them). I turned 17 just after I graduated and did my exams for A level
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 09:58 PM   #11
spartanfan

spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Sometimes that happens in public schools. We had a 13 year old who was in the 3rd grade back in the early 90's
Get the fuck out! Where the hell did you go to school?
Old May 4th, 2008, 10:19 PM   #12
country flag Bijoux0021

Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute Bijoux0021 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Get the fuck out! Where the hell did you go to school?
It does happen. And there's nothing unusual about it. There are many kids in the public schools that don't speak English or just having a hard time learning. In some cases, English is their second or third language, so they can't keeping up with other kids who don't have these problems. As a result, they have to be left behind before they can graduate. Having said all that, you still have many young adults who are graduating high school every year and can't even read.

*Federer*Nadal*Djokovic*Tsonga*Murray*Monfils*Gulb is*Young*Safin*Mirnyi*

“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”

― Maya Angelou
Bijoux0021 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 10:35 PM   #13
spartanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoux0021 View Post
It does happen. And there's nothing unusual about it. There are many kids in the public schools that don't speak English or just having a hard time learning. In some cases, English is their second or third language, so they can't keeping up with other kids who don't have these problems. As a result, they have to be left behind before they can graduate. Having said all that, you still have many young adults who are graduating high school every year and can't even read.
Please don't get me wrong. I admire the fact that she still was going to school 9 months pregnant. And I hope she continues on and graduates for both her and her sons future.
Old May 5th, 2008, 02:53 AM   #14
country flag DaMamaJama87

DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future DaMamaJama87 has a brilliant future

Man what a trashy story all around. 17 year old still in her sophomore year gets pregnant out of wedlock and hides it from her oblivious family for nine months. Doesn't consult any medical help the entire time endangering the baby's health and starts having contractions in the shower. Can't call 911 because her phone line's been cut off so walks to the hospital with the baby still attached. Wow. It's like 5 Jerry Springer episodes in one.
Old May 5th, 2008, 03:01 AM   #15
country flag mirzalover

mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute

Shh was probably already a big girl and maybe she didnt show it much. I saw this one episode of Dr Phil or Oprah whatever were a girl and her boyfriend decided to hide her pregnancy and they wrapped her body everyday to keep her from showing. she went to school and everything.
mirzalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote