Marion Claytoli on mission! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 5th, 2008, 09:24 PM   #16
country flag sorcerer

sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Marion Claytoli on mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnyderfreak View Post
Tolstoy,Dostoevsk, Sartre & De Beauvoir pffffffff heavy reading this
I tried a bit of Kafka myself but could'nt get myself through it
It is becoming clear Miss Bartoli is the thinking man's crumpet!

Allez Marion!!!
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2008, 12:04 AM   #17
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Until Safarova has proven that she has regained her form(which will take her more than one match),I'll remain convinced that Marion is the better clay-court player--and that she should spank Lucie's juicy buns in this matchup.This is a deep field so Marion has to do MORE than just win;she must establish some rhythm to build her confidence...I wonder if Marion would enjoy Henry James.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM   #18
country flag sorcerer

sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light

Just a few minutes to go...
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:29 AM   #19
country flag sorcerer

First set: 6-0.. in just 25 minutes.

Marion looking determined, Walter looking content and watching on from his comfortable red chair. Perfect start.
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:33 AM   #20
country flag Schnyderfreak

Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
First set: 6-0.. in just 25 minutes.

Marion looking determined, Walter looking content and watching on from his comfortable his red chair. Perfect start.
AAAAALLLEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ 1-0 for the "intellectual" Bartoli Followers FOLLOW THROUGH MARION!!!!!

True follower of
Vera Zvonareva Jelena Jankovic Marion Bartoli

Official Fysio/blister patcher of the DONT KNOCK THE DOK!!

Jelena Dokic She's back!!!!
Schnyderfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:38 AM   #21

Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of

6-0 2-0 This is looking great for Marion just keep it going and don't give Lucie even a sniff of getting into this match!!! AAAALLLEEEEEEZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True follower of

Old May 6th, 2008, 10:44 AM   #22
country flag sorcerer

At the change of ends, Marion taking a breather.

Safarova held her serve to make it 3-1, and now 0-30 on Marion's serve. Impossible to keep up the level to make it a double bagel hopefully Marion can just hold serve now.
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:49 AM   #23
country flag sorcerer

Marion came back to 30-30...then 4-1. Safarova comfortable in the next to make it 4-2.
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:54 AM   #24

6-0 5-2 0-40 cmon marion FIGHTTTTTT

True follower of

Old May 6th, 2008, 10:55 AM   #25

5-3 on her own serve!!
CMON MARION FOCUSSSS AND FINISH THE MATCH!!!

True follower of

Old May 6th, 2008, 11:01 AM   #26

convincing victory for Marion
good way to start this tournament and warn the oppponents that Marion is getting back into form!!

True follower of

Old May 6th, 2008, 11:17 AM   #27
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty good match from Marion . 9 winners for 8 UE, Lucie made the rest (more than 20 U.E ). She was extremely relaxed & determined to win during all the play while Lucie was a bit over excited. There were very few rallies, so it's hard to judge Marion's entire game.

What I can say is that her serve was extremely effective with nice variations of zones & a high 1st serve percentage. Marion always needs a good first shot to feel comfortable in the points, so that's what she did, no useless risks, a deep ball all the time with a good defense when Lucie was playing better & some smart shots (including a fantastic moonball with a huge spin!).
Marion got a bit more shaky after 6/0 3/0 hitting shorter balls & missing many returns. She was again too much inside the court to retrieve Lucie's first serve, it was too audacious from her.
MP was a missed return on a very low 2nd serve of Marion. Good for us .

Overall a very serious match, Marion had her gameplan & seemed to be in control of her shots. Her level of confidence is there, she has worked on her game to play on clay, you can see it. Lots of positive things to take from this meeting. It's good that it was so short too, Marion tires herself quite quickly when she plays in the sun. So it couldn't have been better.

Tomorrow, sightseeing for Marion who will go to the zoo & inside the city (and in its cafés!). She was very happy, but showed no signs of relief in her interview. She endorsed her role of top 15 perfectly, as if she always knew she would get through.

Bravo Marion!!! She will probably face Agi in her next match. A very good claycourter who hits very hard but her serve hasn't been working so well this year. She has her chances!

One more thing, she changed her outfit, now she is in black & dark blue a bit in country style but she really looked nice & fitter .

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #28
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Way to go Marion! Keep making us proud!
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #29
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Such a great win. Can't say how great it is to see Marion win this comfortably!
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #30
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Not surprised to see that Marion handled Safarova so easily and we'll see if she can duplicate that form against the rising Szavay IF they meet(young sprouts such as Agnes can be so unpredicatable).Marion's only meeting with Yan ended in injury retirement so I'd like to think that this won't hurt her confidence any in case this matchup re-curs...as for Iceland's observation that Marion is getting fitter:...as if I needed any further temptation.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote