Pliskova Twins Cheering Thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 19th, 2010, 08:49 AM   #91
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pliskova Twins Cheering Thread

Karolina gets an Hon. Men. for getting to the finals of Kurume, and Kristyna makes In the News... for winnign it! Pics and story are at ITFtennis.com.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2010, 11:15 PM   #92
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

18 May 2010 - Kurume, Japan - Nick Fishpool

Twin sisters face off for title

The singles final of the $50,000 ITF Pro Circuit tournament held in Kurume, Japan saw twin sisters Karolina and Kristyna Pliskova face each other across the net for the third time in their Pro Circuit careers but their first in a final.

This match, their second meeting in 2010 following a semifinal clash in Gifu, Japan in April, saw the 18-year olds from the Czech Republic, who are more accustomed to playing together as a team, share three sets. Karolina, who had won both their previous encounters on the ITF Pro Circuit in straight sets, took the opening set 75 and appeared to be on her way to recording another victory over her sister. Kristyna though was not about to let this happen and struck back in emphatic fashion, dropping just two games in the next two sets to win her first singles title 57 62 60. This victory was her first over her sister since 2006 when she triumphed 64 61 in an ITF Junior Circuit tournament in Malta.

The sisters, as qualifiers, also contested the doubles final but were unable to claim a first title together on the ITF Pro Circuit as they lost to China's Sheng-Nan Sun & Yi-Fan Xu, the No. 2 seeds, in straight sets.

The WTA World Rankings released on May 17th 2010 showed that both sisters had climbed to new career high positions in both singles and doubles. Karolina was up to 170 (singles) and 421 (doubles) with Kristyna now at 237 (singles) and 396 (doubles).

That's the article from ITF website I'm so happy for Kristyna hopefully she can get her ranking up at least as high as her sister (where it belongs).
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2010, 08:24 PM   #93
country flag dusan993

dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold

Good luck at Roland Garros girls. Draw will be ont on May 31st, I can't wait to see it
dusan993 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:41 PM   #94
country flag Yellow Moon

Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of

Karo and Kris seeded [2] and [8], bottoms of the respective draws. Both have good chances going deep!
Yellow Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #95
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Danka Kovinic (MNE) d. (8)Kristyna Pliskova (CZE) 7-6(4) 6-2
(wc)Morgane Pons (FRA) d. (2)Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 6-3 6-1

Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #96
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andiyan View Post
Danka Kovinic (MNE) d. (8)Kristyna Pliskova (CZE) 7-6(4) 6-2
(wc)Morgane Pons (FRA) d. (2)Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 6-3 6-1

Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #97
country flag dusan993

dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold dusan993 is a splendid one to behold

Next time will be better, I hope..
Old May 31st, 2010, 05:47 AM   #98
katshearts

katshearts has much to be proud of katshearts has much to be proud of katshearts has much to be proud of katshearts has much to be proud of katshearts has much to be proud of katshearts has much to be proud of katshearts has much to be proud of katshearts has much to be proud of katshearts has much to be proud of katshearts has much to be proud of katshearts has much to be proud of

what a shame. better luck next time

facebook.com/stefanievoegelefans
katshearts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 02:22 PM   #99
country flag dusan993

Girl's doubles 1st round:

(1) Pliskova / Pliskova vs Abbes / Jabeur (TUN) 6:7 (8) ; 6:3 ; 5:10

They had 3:0 at 3rd set
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 02:31 PM   #100
country flag Bennguin1491
A new star is rising...

Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute

their heads clearly weren't into this tournament at all

we'll be counting s t a r s
benny.segs.toaster.rouster.nacho
Bennguin1491 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2010, 03:01 PM   #101

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Ehhh... hopefully next tournament will be better for them.
Zlin 50k+H challenger is next for them.
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 06:13 PM   #102
country flag dusan993

Karolina was playing qualifying 1st round match at Wimbledon today, and after amazing match against Junri Namigata (JPN) she lost match 2:6 ; 6:4 ; 12:14. Even she lost, she showed some amazing tennis.
(from facebook page)
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #103

Karolina
Hopefully junior Roehampton and Wimbledon will be better for the twins...
and I hope they could both play US Open qualifying.
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #104
country flag dusan993

Kristyna is in final of the junior tournament
in Roehampton. In semis she was better than Timea Babos (HUN) 3:6 ;
7:6 (6) ; 6:4. In final she will face (WC) Tara Moore (GBR) who was
better than karolina in QF. Good luck Kristyna )

Last edited by dusan993 : Jun 26th, 2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #105

No, in semis she defeated Timea Babos