Long Beach vs Denver analysis
I predict Long Beach would win 4-3 or 5-2 by regular season scoring.
Doubles LB vs DU
1. #53 Grady/Bengson vs #43 Voelker/Bauregger = LB win
2. Jeanes/Weeks vs Iwinsky/ Schnoy = LB
3. Armstrong/Sutton vs Aksdal/Tirumurti = tossup
Singles LB vs DU
1. #82 Grady vs #70 Voelker = tossup edge LB
2. Bengson vs Aksdal = tossup
3. Armstrong vs Bauregger = tossup edge LB
4. Jeanes vs Schnoy = LB
5. Weeks vs Iwinski = DU
6. Sutton vs Tirumurti = tossup edge DU
There are 3 teams CSLB & Denver played in common.
#54 Saint Mary 6-1 win
Nevada 7-0 win
@ Cal Poly 7-0 win
@ Cal Poly 6-1 win
@ #54 Saint Mary 3-4 loss
@ Nevada 4-3 win
Cal State Long Beach is underrated and talent wise is a top 30 team. Many of the opponents the 49ers beat were ranked teams last year but under performed a little this year and ended up not being ranked at year's end. (San Diego State, Arizona, Purdue, CSUN, Cal Poly, Nevada, LMU) This explains why CSLB is ranked lower than they should be compared with their talent level.