Ranking breakdown - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 1st, 2008, 07:53 AM   #16
country flag pigmalion

pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of pigmalion has much to be proud of
Re: Ranking breakdown

guys she is still at the top, let's enjoy that

.[ALLEZ].
pigmalion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2008, 01:24 PM   #17
country flag keinimod

keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmalion View Post
guys she is still at the top, let's enjoy that

Nice graph
That really puts it into perspective
keinimod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 07:40 PM   #18
country flag loppy

loppy has much to be proud of loppy has much to be proud of loppy has much to be proud of loppy has much to be proud of loppy has much to be proud of loppy has much to be proud of loppy has much to be proud of loppy has much to be proud of loppy has much to be proud of loppy has much to be proud of loppy has much to be proud of

Thanks, pigmalion
loppy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #19
country flag keinimod

keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of

There's no analysis required to observe that the slide continues downwards as far as the numbers are concerned:
We're at 5,695 now.

Code:
Roland Garros	2007	1000
Wimbledon	2007	 450
US Open 	2007	1000
Austr.Open	2008	 250
Miami (mand.)	2008	 125
----------------------------
YEC     	2007	 750
Toronto  	2007	 430
Zurich  	2007	 430
Stuttgart	2007	 300
Eastbourne	2007	 275
Sydney  	2008	 275
Antwerp 	2008	 275
Dubai   	2008	  75
Berlin   	2008	  60
In the non mandatory events ALL her 2007 results are numerically better than ALL her 2008 results. Actually, in the mandatory too.
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:06 PM   #20
country flag cecilija

cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of

At this rate, she is ending the year out of top 5.

And to think that she got 75 and 60 points respectively from 'her' tournaments.
cecilija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 01:33 AM   #21
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future

I don't care if she slides down to #5. If she gets her form back she'll climb easily back next yr. b/c of all those pts she missed.
vejh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 12:15 AM   #22
country flag keinimod

For those that are still in denial:

Code:
Roland Garros	2008	   0
Wimbledon	2007	 450
US Open 	2007	1000
Austr.Open	2008	 250
Miami (mand.)	2008	 125
YEC     	2007	 750
Toronto  	2007	 430
Zurich  	2007	 430
Stuttgart	2007	 300
Eastbourne	2007	 275
Sydney  	2008	 275
Antwerp 	2008	 275
Dubai   	2008	  75
Berlin  	2008	  60
A total of 4695 points.

Ironically, the highest anyone can get after RG is Maria with 4,666 points. Still 29 points short of Ju's 'situation'. Just shows how big 2007 really was.
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:28 PM   #23
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future

LOL. Not in denial anymore.
vejh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:09 AM   #24
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute

guys you were totally wrong. Her points dropped to 0 within 1 week! Who would have thought of that

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 09:29 AM   #25
country flag cecilija

cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFlame View Post
guys you were totally wrong. Her points dropped to 0 within 1 week! Who would have thought of that

Her points haven't dropped to 0. They were just erased.

With Ivanovic withdrawing from Eastbourne, Justine would have stayed number one even after Eastbourne.
cecilija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #26
country flag keinimod

Indeed. Still the virtual/hypothetical/theoretical #1 with 4,420 pts.

Code:
Roland Garros	2008	   0
Wimbledon	2007	 450
US Open 	2007	1000
Austr.Open	2008	 250
Miami (mand.)	2008	 125
YEC     	2007	 750
Toronto 	2007	 430
Zurich  	2007	 430
Stuttgart 	2007	 300
Sydney  	2008	 275
Antwerp 	2008	 275
Dubai   	2008	  75
Berlin  	2008	  60
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 05:25 PM   #27
country flag keinimod

And she still is

(0. Justine Henin 3,970)

1. Ivanovic 3,828
2. Jankovic 3,685
3. Sharapova 3,626
4. Kuznetsova 3,455

Wanted, for immediate application :
WTA number #1
Qualifications:
  • Ability to persistently reach decent results in WTA tournaments, specifically in Slams
  • Raise up to the occasions presented.
  • Beauty, glamour, marketability, drama not required

Seriously , it's pathetic.
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 06:23 PM   #28
country flag shell

shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by keinimod View Post
And she still is

(0. Justine Henin 3,970)

1. Ivanovic 3,828
2. Jankovic 3,685
3. Sharapova 3,626
4. Kuznetsova 3,455

Wanted, for immediate application :
WTA number #1
Qualifications:
  • Ability to persistently reach decent results in WTA tournaments, specifically in Slams
  • Raise up to the occasions presented.
  • Beauty, glamour, marketability, drama not required

Seriously , it's pathetic.
Yes, they are going nuts about this in GM. But the sly, horrible person in me is enjoying every second of this topsy turvy Wimbledon, just like the poor FO. If Justine is going to retire, I am enjoying the caos created by her sudden departure. It's like nobody knows what to do, or can't do anything about stepping up.
If I can't watch Justine, then at least I can watch the tour turn itself upside down as it tries to right itself.

But yes, tennis is pretty pathetic right now.
shell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 06:42 PM   #29
country flag j-fan

j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of

I have and will always support Justine's decision to retire. Only she can know how she was really feeling.

However, seeing what's happening in FO and W, I am beginning to think she should have just take an indefinite leave of absence and give herself a chance to change her mind more easily. But she is the boss and the decider.

Adieu Justine. There'll never be another one like you

j-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #30
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute

An interesting little ditty: Not one player has ever defeated Justine more than once on clay.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote