WG (1) Final: SPAIN v RUSSIA - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 28th, 2008, 02:07 PM   #1
country flag New_balls_please

New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute
WG (1) Final: SPAIN v RUSSIA

The final will be held in Spain on September and I bet they´ll choose clay

Hopefully I´ll be there

Good luck Spain
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2008, 03:10 PM   #2
country flag blackcrave

blackcrave is a splendid one to behold blackcrave is a splendid one to behold blackcrave is a splendid one to behold blackcrave is a splendid one to behold blackcrave is a splendid one to behold blackcrave is a splendid one to behold blackcrave is a splendid one to behold blackcrave is a splendid one to behold blackcrave is a splendid one to behold blackcrave is a splendid one to behold blackcrave is a splendid one to behold
Re: WG (1) Final: SPAIN v RUSSIA

good luck russia!
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 04:26 PM   #3
country flag IVI

IVI has much to be proud of IVI has much to be proud of IVI has much to be proud of IVI has much to be proud of IVI has much to be proud of IVI has much to be proud of IVI has much to be proud of IVI has much to be proud of IVI has much to be proud of IVI has much to be proud of IVI has much to be proud of

ESPAÑA!!!!!
IVI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 05:12 PM   #4
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

When will the teams be announced?
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 11:11 AM   #5
country flag Sonf@
agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.

Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute

this wednesday
our main preoccupation comes from the holy sky; when that blue roof starts falling smashing our worthless lives
we'd run undercover 'till the mankind finds evolution.
Sonf@ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 11:15 AM   #6
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

i bet russia team will be
safina,demenrieva,zvonareva,vesnina
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 12:05 PM   #7
country flag enchantrezz

enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of

I think petrova is a better choice now than vesnina. Or Petrova can replace Safina if the latter is not available.

The Cocktail Party
Official Matchmaker of The Domik of Dinara Disciples

"It's a great honour to reach the No. 1 ranking and it is a dream that every girl who has ever wanted to play professional tennis shares" - Dinara
enchantrezz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 02:57 PM   #8
country flag itzhak

itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute

It will be probably Kuznetsova, Chakvetadze, Petrova and Vesnina. Safina is very tired, Elena was not in the team this year, Zvonareva said that her next tournament is Beijing and I don't see Kirilenko replacing one of those players.
itzhak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 03:02 PM   #9
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonfo View Post
this wednesday
gracias sonfo
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 03:03 PM   #10
country flag Bероника

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzhak View Post
It will be probably Kuznetsova, Chakvetadze, Petrova and Vesnina. Safina is very tired, Elena was not in the team this year, Zvonareva said that her next tournament is Beijing and I don't see Kirilenko replacing one of those players.
let's hope so,I prefer this one than the one ce posted
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 03:09 PM   #11
country flag Uge

Uge has much to be proud of Uge has much to be proud of Uge has much to be proud of Uge has much to be proud of Uge has much to be proud of Uge has much to be proud of Uge has much to be proud of Uge has much to be proud of Uge has much to be proud of Uge has much to be proud of Uge has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzhak View Post
If this team is the final one, maybe we have chances to win!
For sure I will be shouting till my throat become completely destroyed!!!

CONCHITA

Dementieva - Henin - Vivi - Amelie
Uge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 05:06 PM   #12
country flag Nederlander RUS

Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of Nederlander RUS has much to be proud of

vamos, Spain
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 10:52 PM   #13
country flag Sonf@
agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.

Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute Sonf@ has a reputation beyond repute

from an article i read on a spanish paper, russian captain tarpischev won't pick his main players

sharapova is still injured and will probably miss the rest of the season
said that dementieva and safina have a good chance to get to the top spot and that they deserve a rest
zvonareva also has a wrist injury and chakvetadze is not in form so the only players that have already been chosen for sure are kuznetsova and vesnina

i think he will pick petrova and the other spot will be between kirilenko and maybe kleybanova

article in spanish here: http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/t...o/1160145.html
our main preoccupation comes from the holy sky; when that blue roof starts falling smashing our worthless lives
we'd run undercover 'till the mankind finds evolution.
Sonf@ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 07:01 AM   #14
country flag enchantrezz

enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of enchantrezz has much to be proud of

Russian :
Svetlana Kuznetsova - singles
Vera Zvonareva - singles
Elena Vesnina - doubles
Ekaterina Makarova - doubles

Spain:
Carla Suarez Navarro - singles
Anabel Medina Garrigues - singles
Virginia Ruano Pascual - doubles
Nuria Llagostera Vives - doubles

The Cocktail Party
Official Matchmaker of The Domik of Dinara Disciples

"It's a great honour to reach the No. 1 ranking and it is a dream that every girl who has ever wanted to play professional tennis shares" - Dinara
enchantrezz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM   #15
country flag The Tennis Head

The Tennis Head is a name known to all The Tennis Head is a name known to all The Tennis Head is a name known to all The Tennis Head is a name known to all The Tennis Head is a name known to all The Tennis Head is a name known to all The Tennis Head is a name known to all The Tennis Head is a name known to all The Tennis Head is a name known to all The Tennis Head is a name known to all The Tennis Head is a name known to all

For the facts anf figures read our Idiots' Guide to the Fed Cup final...

http://www.tennishead.net/on-tour/fe...fed-cup-final/

Who?
Top seeds and defending champions Russia will take on Spain in the 2008 final, the 46th staging of the event.

What?
The Fed Cup is the biggest and most prestigious international women’s team competition on the tennis calendar. Every year eight nations compete in the elite division of the event, known as the World Group, which is decided using a knock-out format. The winners of the four quarter-finals (played in February) go through to the semis and the winners from those ties (played in April) contest September’s final. There are also eight teams that form World Group 1 and around 90 in total that compete in numerous regional groups and divisions held throughout the year all over the world.

When?
The final will be held in Madrid over two days on September 13-14. The action gets under way at 2pm local time on Saturday (12 noon GMT) and 12 noon local time on Sunday (10am GMT).

Where?
The Spaniards have chosen to host the tie at the Club de Campo Villa de Madrid on outdoor clay. There’s seating for 4,000 fans and the venue last staged Fed Cup tennis back in 1979.

Format?
The final is the best-of-five matches – four singles and a doubles. Saturday’s order of play will feature two singles. The reverse singles and a doubles are scheduled for Sunday.

Route to the final?
Russia began their 2008 campaign with a 4-1 victory against Israel and edged the US 3-2 in the semis, while Spain scored a 3-2 first round victory against Italy before a 4-1 thrashing of China in the last four.

Pedigree?
It’s been all about the Russians of late – they’re going for their fourth victory in five years, having thrashed Italy 4-0 in the 2007 final. Their record comes as no surprise considering they have five players in the women’s top ten right now – Elena Dementieva, Dinara Safina, Maria Sharapova, Svetlana Kuznetsova and Vera Zvonareva. Spain are no slouches when it comes to Fed Cup tennis either – they’ve landed the trophy five times, although it’s been a while since they last tasted victory back in 1998.

Superstars?
Well, yes, but not the ones you’re thinking of. Sharapova made her Fed Cup debut for Russia in their first-round win against Israel in February, but she didn’t figure in the semis and her recent shoulder problems have ruled her out of the final. There’s no Dementieva or Safina either, so the Russians will be led by Kuznetsova (WR7) and Zvonareva (WR9) with Elena Vesnina (WR61) and Ekaterina Makarova (WR58) completing captain Shamil Tarpishchev’s squad. Spain will be led by Anabel Medina Garrigues (WR29) who is joined by team-mates Carla Suarez-Navarro (WR49), Nuria Llagostera Vives (WR94) and Virginia Ruano-Pascual (WR87) in captain Miguel Margets Lobato’s squad.

Head to head?
Spain and Russia have met five times in Fed Cup, with Russia leading the head-to-head statistics 4-1, including a 5-0 World Group first round victory over Spain in 2007.

Predictions?
On paper, we can’t see 12-time champions Russia being beaten even though they’re missing three top ten players and they’ll have to take on a partisan crowd as well as the Spanish squad. Having said that, Kuznetsova isn’t exactly at the top of her game right now and Spain’s expertise on the doubles court may play a part in swinging the tie in their favour. Pascual and Garrigues teamed up to win a silver medal at the Beijing Olympics and won the 2008 French Open too, while Navarro made the last eight of the singles at Roland Garros. Hang on, we’ve changed our minds – Spain have a great chance!

Betting
Russia: 4-9 (Paddypower.com)
Spain: 13-8 (Paddypower.com)

Web?
If following tennis on the internet is your thing then head to the official Fed Cup website where you’ll find live scoring and ball-by-ball text commentary.

TV?
Yes. For details of who, where and when visit the Fed Cup website.

Radio?
You can follow the action from Madrid by tuning in to live broadcasts on Fed Cup Radio.

Tickets?
Two-day tickets start at a very reasonable 70 Euros each. Or if you’ve got 3000 Euros kicking around you could splash out on a private box for the whole tie. To see what’s left visit the online booking agent.

Little known fact…
Iceland is one of 12 nations never to have won a Fed Cup tie. Their record is by far the worst, however, having lost every one of their 30 contests over seven years.