Serena has a $55 million deal with Nike! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2008, 11:52 PM   #16
country flag starin

starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena has a $55 million deal with Nike!

so she it looks like that deal is expiring this year unless Nike picks up the option. I wonder if they're waiting to see if she wins a slam. Cuz that would put a lot of extra pressure on her. Anyone know if Nike's picked up her option?
starin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2008, 11:54 PM   #17
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Nicolás89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 11:57 PM   #18
country flag Tennisstar86

Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debopero View Post
Is that old? did her contract wiyh Puma really just expire? and why do they put the candy on a string and dangle it infront of Serena like she's some little baby
yes, its old and not accurate... When Serena's deal was released there were tons of repots thats just the first article he found on it... im sure her deal was worth much more than 55 if the added years werent on there. WHy?

Because Venus' reebok deal was worth 40 mil without stipulations regardless of her performance she would get 40 mil... Nike missed out on Venus I assume cause they were being too cheap so when they went for Serena considering she had won 5 of 6 GS and Venus (when she signed her deal hadnt won any) Serena's deal includes stipulations bonus' etc... which would put her over 60 mil if she was #1 won GS... so IMO its not likely that Serena's deal was so close to Venus and would just now be going over 55 with the extension

40 mil/5 = 8 mil a year...
55mil/8= 6.875 mil a year.....

Serena Williams

Sharapova

Hantuchova
Tennisstar86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 11:58 PM   #19
country flag supergrunt

supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute

do all proffesional athletes go through this 3 year thing???
supergrunt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 12:00 AM   #20

Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manatee View Post
so she it looks like that deal is expiring this year unless Nike picks up the option. I wonder if they're waiting to see if she wins a slam. Cuz that would put a lot of extra pressure on her. Anyone know if Nike's picked up her option?
I think it ends in 09... but Im sure they'll pick it up now.. cause i feel like if they werent going to..Sharapova would be revealing this line no?

Serena Williams

Sharapova

Hantuchova
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 12:07 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergrunt View Post
do all proffesional athletes go through this 3 year thing???
venus had a 2 year deal on hers, that didnt get picked up....so i guess it just depends on the company..

Serena Williams

Sharapova

Hantuchova
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 12:30 AM   #22
country flag Giovanna

Giovanna has much to be proud of Giovanna has much to be proud of Giovanna has much to be proud of Giovanna has much to be proud of Giovanna has much to be proud of Giovanna has much to be proud of Giovanna has much to be proud of Giovanna has much to be proud of Giovanna has much to be proud of Giovanna has much to be proud of Giovanna has much to be proud of

If Serena has a 55 million imagine Maria,Roger...
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 12:45 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanna View Post
If Serena has a 55 million imagine Maria,Roger...
Maria doesnt have a big NIke contract...... Shes just got a ton of endorsements.... Federers is insane though... Hes supposedly about to sign a new one for 13 mil a year over the next 10 years....

Serena Williams

Sharapova

Hantuchova
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 01:00 AM   #24
country flag frontier

frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute

If she wins a slam or two this year she can renegotiate her contract.She has a chance to make money with new contracts at the end of the year ,after winning all over the place she will have leverage.
frontier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 04:09 AM   #25
country flag IceSkaTennisFan

IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar Nicholás I View Post

Condo: Don't mess with me, bitch!
IceSkaTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 08:26 AM   #26
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

That Nike "swoosh" just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

I pass on clothes/bags/etc. when the logo is too big.

But this is ridiculous.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 08:36 AM   #27
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 09:01 AM   #28
country flag Dino?Dino.Dino!

Dino?Dino.Dino! has much to be proud of Dino?Dino.Dino! has much to be proud of Dino?Dino.Dino! has much to be proud of Dino?Dino.Dino! has much to be proud of Dino?Dino.Dino! has much to be proud of Dino?Dino.Dino! has much to be proud of Dino?Dino.Dino! has much to be proud of Dino?Dino.Dino! has much to be proud of Dino?Dino.Dino! has much to be proud of Dino?Dino.Dino! has much to be proud of Dino?Dino.Dino! has much to be proud of

Somebody is reading too much concreteloop.
Dino?Dino.Dino! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #29
country flag Keaka

Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute

55 million
Keaka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 10:15 AM   #30
country flag Emina.

Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute

She looks great in those pics
i thought the article wais old though...

Last edited by Emina. : Apr 26th, 2008 at 11:24 AM.
Emina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote