Eva Asderaki - Page 73 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 05:31 PM   #1081
country flag footygirl

footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Eva Asderaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAll View Post
I think that its a good thing that other umpires are given a chance, the top ones are clearly lacking in common sense in more recent times. However I guess its unfair if its just French ones!
What is the consensus? who is this based on? are you also an umpire at the French? or did you mean this Forum?
I am a reporter who knows this sport inside out - but I also know about how offocials are graded. Would you put someone who is only a white badge holder on a Serena Williams match on the main court because half of the French officials are not gold badge holders which is what they should be if they want to be on the main show courts in my opinion
footygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 09:55 PM   #1082
country flag OoohBarracuda

OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all

I know it's been a few days now, but circumstances have meant I haven't been able to come on here earlier and post my thoughts, so I just want to get them out there and then I can move on. I apologise for bringing it up but I'd just like to say a few things, feel free to ignore!

Of course I agree with the general sentiment here that Eva did absolutely nothing wrong. She enforced the rules and was 100% correct. Rules are rules; regardless of whether you agree with them or not, they have to be upheld. Rules of other sports can seem unfair and crazy at times, golf springs to mind, but are still enforced nonetheless and it's no difference in tennis. Whether it's a premature "c'mon", a tap of the racket, or a shriek in pain, it is a hindrance and must be treated as such under tennis law. She didn't "over use" the hindrance, it just so happened that in this case the player was in pain multiple times. Doesn't matter if it happens once or 20 times, if a hindrance occurs then the rule must be employed, and Eva did that. If people don't like the fact a grunt isn't treated as a hindrance, don't blame Eva, blame whoever made the rule in the first place. Regardless of the reaction to her calls, it was good to see Eva once again prove how good she is at what she does and show true professionalism throughout.

On another note, I didn't see Eva today. She seems to be doing a lot of matches that don't seem to be televised, and if they are it's usually men's matches were are oh so dull. Hope she gets more screentime and more women's matches.
OoohBarracuda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 09:59 PM   #1083
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoohBarracuda View Post
I know it's been a few days now, but circumstances have meant I haven't been able to come on here earlier and post my thoughts, so I just want to get them out there and then I can move on. I apologise for bringing it up but I'd just like to say a few things, feel free to ignore!

Of course I agree with the general sentiment here that Eva did absolutely nothing wrong. She enforced the rules and was 100% correct. Rules are rules; regardless of whether you agree with them or not, they have to be upheld. Rules of other sports can seem unfair and crazy at times, golf springs to mind, but are still enforced nonetheless and it's no difference in tennis. Whether it's a premature "c'mon", a tap of the racket, or a shriek in pain, it is a hindrance and must be treated as such under tennis law. She didn't "over use" the hindrance, it just so happened that in this case the player was in pain multiple times. Doesn't matter if it happens once or 20 times, if a hindrance occurs then the rule must be employed, and Eva did that. If people don't like the fact a grunt isn't treated as a hindrance, don't blame Eva, blame whoever made the rule in the first place. Regardless of the reaction to her calls, it was good to see Eva once again prove how good she is at what she does and show true professionalism throughout.

On another note, I didn't see Eva today. She seems to be doing a lot of matches that don't seem to be televised, and if they are it's usually men's matches were are oh so dull. Hope she gets more screentime and more women's matches.
Now this is fine. Someone else with logic is always good. She did Shvedova-Arvidsson the other day and almost got attacked by a pigeon. Bless.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 10:52 PM   #1084
country flag footygirl

footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light

The behaviour of the FFT President has been atrocious in this - I would vote for him in a student rep council

Because that is frankly the way he is acting
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 11:32 PM   #1085
country flag footygirl

i would be more than happy to file a complaint about the FFT presidents conduct to the ITF
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:48 AM   #1086
country flag vassia54

vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice

Twitt of the day
Ben Rothenberg‏@BenRothenberg
Linesman's chair just collapsed under him at Schiavone-Lepchenko. That's a first. Eva Asderaki springs to action to get him a new one. #RG12
vassia54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:24 AM   #1087
country flag Ahoi

Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice Ahoi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by footygirl View Post
The behaviour of the FFT President has been atrocious in this - I would vote for him in a student rep council

Because that is frankly the way he is acting
Yeah, him booing Eva was certainly a low point of this RG. I'm surprised there wasn't a bigger reaction/outrage.
Btw, Eva's doing Schiavone - Lepchenko at the moment.
Ahoi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:24 AM   #1088
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Eva back on a TV court.
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:31 AM   #1089
country flag footygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentine View Post
Eva back on a TV court.
Mmmm I wonder if something has happened behind the scenes - Mariana is doing Li v McHale - nice to see the gold standard umpires taking precedence as they should

Think it was Minori on Kvitova v Bratchikova(could be wrong)if I am correct - she is silver, but puts in the hours on the WTA tour unlike the posse of French officials they have been using who do nothing for either tour
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:33 AM   #1090
country flag Jane Lane

I'd doubt it. Standard procedure during Slams is the local scrubs are pretty much gone by the end of the first week.
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:39 AM   #1091
country flag footygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentine View Post
I'd doubt it. Standard procedure during Slams is the local scrubs are pretty much gone by the end of the first week.
Really - well you would know dentine - but one thing puzzles me - why don't the local scrubs put in the hours on a tour to justify them getting showcourts.

I bet if you were offered shifts on the WTA tour you would jump at the chance wouldn't you- to learn from the best and gain experience
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:44 AM   #1092
country flag Jane Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by footygirl View Post
Really - well you would know dentine - but one thing puzzles me - why don't the local scrubs put in the hours on a tour to justify them getting showcourts.

I bet if you were offered shifts on the WTA tour you would jump at the chance wouldn't you- to learn from the best and gain experience
It goes that way at every Slam. I see American umpires at the USO all the time that I rarely recognize, maybe from some American events. Only the best get some of their travel compensated for. The lower ones usually have another job - can't afford the full time commitment yet, so they try to shine when they can to move up.
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:42 PM   #1093
country flag footygirl

Wonder if Eva will be back on Chatrier or Lenglen tomorrow. The ladies matches are scheduled as follows

Chatrier

Sara Errani v Svetlana Kuznetsova
Samantha Stosur v Sloane Stephens

Lenglen

Victoria Azarenka v Dominika Cibulkova
Angelique Kerber v Petra Martic
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:58 PM   #1094
country flag M@chete

M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all

She lost her fight with a Serena-Fan at wikipedia...

She is now just a part of a list.
M@chete is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:58 PM   #1095
country flag OoohBarracuda

OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all

Is Eva's ponytail still on Twitter? I couldn't find it and haven't noticed any recent tweets. Maybe Eva has gotten a haircut.

Random question but does Eva ever chair the Legends double matches? They can be very amusing and it would be cool to see her more relaxed and having a laugh with the players. Also a nice opportunity for her to chair matches of players I'm sure she admired growing up.
OoohBarracuda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote