Eva Asderaki - Page 64 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 25th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #946
country flag joanyjo

joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice joanyjo is just really nice
Re: Eva Asderaki

How do they decide who will get final, SFs, or QFs? I know about nationalities, but what else? Thank you!
joanyjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 25th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #947
country flag footygirl

footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanyjo View Post
How do they decide who will get final, SFs, or QFs? I know about nationalities, but what else? Thank you!
Neutrality play a part, bu tht key factor is that to do a GS singles qf you must have at least a silver badge. To do a semi final and indeed the final you must have a Gold badge.

That and also good quality experience for over a vast period of time. There are four offocials on the WTA tour who would be considered strong enough to do a GS final. They are Eva Asderaki, Mariana Alves, Kerrilynn Cramer and Kadar Nouni. Maria Cejca, Tamara Vrhovec, Julia Minori and Lucy Grant while they hold gold badges are thought to be too inexperienced- so they are out of the equation - they would expect to be getting fourth round/quarter finals.

Generally the ITF like their officials to do the finals, and they have a pool of six working officials, they are Enric Molina, Jake Garner, Pascal Maria, Carlos Ramos, Louise Engzell and Allison Lang.

But in the past they have been happy to for experienced ATP and WTA officials to do GS finals.

So now to the neutrality issue. They like to have everything sorted at the close of the fourth round for who gets the semi and final. So they look at the draw and note the nationalities of the players. Then they look at the officials. If there is a match between a players nationality and an officia's nationality then that official is disallowed from doing the final. They may however get a quarter final or a semi final.

eg, Jo Wilfred Tsonga got knocked out in the fourth round, and there anre no other franchman in the draw at that time so Pascal Maria can do the final - he is elligible in this case. But if Tsonga had beaten Nishikori then because he would still have been in the draw Pascal would have been inelligible for the final.

Genrally they don't want to have the same umpire doing final after final so they take into account who has done what. E.g at the US Open last year Allison Lang could have been given the final but because she had done two GS finals in the season, and Louise Engzell had done the French they were out of the reckoning as there needed to be at least on WTA and one ATP officials chairing finals in a calandar year - hence Eva Asderaki got the final

The key clues to look at are therefore the nationalities and also the schedule, As it stands in Melbourne only two ladies would be able to do the final. They are Kerrilyn and Eva.
Kerrilyn hasn't had a ladies match since round 3, Eva did have a fourth round match - so it could be they will give Kerrilyn the semi final and either Alison/Louise the other semi. If someone has umpired a quarter final at GS they will not be elligable for the final in that tournament

The quarter finals in Melbourne are as follows

Kim Clijsters v Caroline Wozniacki = Allison Lang
Victoria Azarenka v Agnieska Radwanska = Mariana Alves
Maria Sharapova v Ekaterina Makarova = Leeanne White
Petra Kvitova v Sara Errani = Louise Engzell

So these four ladies can't do the final

Leaving the final between Kerrilynn Cramer and Eva Asderaki.

Other point to bear in mind is that Engzell could do the Kim v Victoria semi - but cannot do Maria v Petra as she chaired Petra's previous match
footygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #948
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

So the person who runs Eva's Facebook had lunch with her yesterday. NBD or anything. She's doing a semi.

Oh and this.

"A photo Eva would like to share with us - Bungy Jumping in Auckland this year!"

She's braver than me.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #949
country flag footygirl

footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentine View Post
So the person who runs Eva's Facebook had lunch with her yesterday. NBD or anything. She's doing a semi.

Oh and this.

"A photo Eva would like to share with us - Bungy Jumping in Auckland this year!"

She's braver than me.
what does NBD mean

she must have kim v victoria
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #950
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by footygirl View Post
what does NBD mean

she must have kim v victoria
No big deal.
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #951
country flag footygirl

Quote:
No big deal.
how is it known that she has a semi
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #952
country flag Jane Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by footygirl View Post
how is it known that she has a semi
"Had a lovely lunch with Eva today in Melbourne. Look out for her in tomorrows semi finals! "
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #953
country flag footygirl

Solid enough info that - she must be doing Kim v Victoria

Which means Lang has Sharapova v Kvitova

Engzell gets the doubles final
Cramer the singles final
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #954
country flag OoohBarracuda

OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all

Quote:

Oh and this.

She's braver than me.
Thanks so much for this I'm so jealous they had lunch with her. I don't know how she could do bungie jumping, I'd be soiling myself
OoohBarracuda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #955
country flag Jane Lane

Well, since she's technically still in Australia and it's already tomorrow there, Happy Birthday Eva!
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #956
country flag Raz0r

Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well, since she's technically still in Australia and it's already tomorrow there, Happy Birthday Eva!
+1 Happy Birthday Eva!!!

Lunch with Eva Will she be holding a meet-the-fans session anytime soon?
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #957
country flag Jane Lane

Who knows. The girl who had lunch with her said on Twitter she was shocked by the size of her fanbase. She has like 1,100 ish likes on Facebook now.
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #958

OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all

Happy Birthday Eva! She better not get too drunk or she'll be slumped over the chair with a massive hangover in the next tournament

Quote:
Who knows. The girl who had lunch with her said on Twitter she was shocked by the size of her fanbase. She has like 1,100 ish likes on Facebook now.
Awesome! I'm glad to say we liked her before the US Open I hope she knows that.

So I recorded the semis today but I haven't watched them. I'm glad she got the Kim-Vika match cos I can bring myself to watch that semi. I hope there was enough Eva screentime. I need to be cheered up after a not so great day tennis-wise
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #959
country flag vassia54

vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice

Happy Birthday to Eva! a gift from today's semi final

vassia54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #960

Thanks At that angle she looks so tiny beside Kim and Vika