Eva Asderaki - Page 36 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 16th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #526
country flag Raz0r

Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold
Re: Eva Asderaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentine View Post
OMG this is the first time anyone's ever quoted me in an article!

The writer was wrong about one thing though. There are six female Gold badge umpires: Eva Asderaki, Alison Lang, Lynn Welch, Mariana Alves, Louise Engzell and Kerrilyn Cramer. Alves is also a Gold badge referee, believe it or not.

Quote:
Someone on Twitter says we should make a church. Dead.
I'm already a convert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 16th, 2011, 12:52 PM   #527
country flag vassia54

vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0r View Post
OMG this is the first time anyone's ever quoted me in an article!

The writer was wrong about one thing though. There are six female Gold badge umpires: Eva Asderaki, Alison Lang, Lynn Welch, Mariana Alves, Louise Engzell and Kerrilyn Cramer. Alves is also a Gold badge referee, believe it or not.

I'm already a convert
Yes but only 3or4 of them can do men's maches, like Eva , Alison , Louise and i'm not sure Marianna. I think writer meant that.
vassia54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 12:22 AM   #528
country flag OoohBarracuda

OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all

Hey guys, been a long time lurker but finally gave in to signing up to join in on the conversations and share the Eva love! She's been my fave umpire for a while now, but looks like she's gained a lot of fans after the final, and rightly so Just hope she knows she had quite the following before that. I loved watching the video of Serena going on her rant and saying "Don't look at me!" and Eva looks at her nails and then looks at Serena like "Bitch, I'm unattractive inside, I can do what I want".

Anyway, looking forward to posting on here and trying to hopefully not get into any "debates", I may just stick to the appreciation threads for a while
OoohBarracuda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 12:23 AM   #529
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoohBarracuda View Post
Hey guys, been a long time lurker but finally gave in to signing up to join in on the conversations and share the Eva love! She's been my fave umpire for a while now, but looks like she's gained a lot of fans after the final, and rightly so Just hope she knows she had quite the following before that. I loved watching the video of Serena going on her rant and saying "Don't look at me!" and Eva looks at her nails and then looks at Serena like "Bitch, I'm unattractive inside, I can do what I want".

Anyway, looking forward to posting on here and trying to hopefully not get into any "debates", I may just stick to the appreciation threads for a while
Welcome!
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 12:31 AM   #530

OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all

Quote:
Welcome!
Thanks!

I only really started fully following tennis this year, even though I've been a fan of the sport for a number of years, but I've missed a lot of matches that have been mentioned a lot, like the Mauresmo/Jankovic match in Dubai Eva was umpiring. Could someone give me any details on what happened during that? I can't seem to find any videos on it sadly.
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 12:47 AM   #531
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoohBarracuda View Post
Thanks!

I only really started fully following tennis this year, even though I've been a fan of the sport for a number of years, but I've missed a lot of matches that have been mentioned a lot, like the Mauresmo/Jankovic match in Dubai Eva was umpiring. Could someone give me any details on what happened during that? I can't seem to find any videos on it sadly.
2007 Dubai? Pretty sure that was the match when she forgot the score. I never saw the match either, but the score was 40-15 but Eva called it as 30-30 and the referee came out and had to fix it. It was a bit of a mess, and she said once in an interview (I forgot when) that it wasn't one of her finer moments.

EDIT: I FOUND IT! http://www.tennisnews.gr/inside-tenn...e/540-asderaki
This is a really abysmal Google translation but you get the point.

tennisnews.gr: Describe us your worst experience on the chair?

E. Asderaki: To race in Dubai and since there were several interruptions in the game between Jankovic vs. Mauresmo delivered this speech wrong score, when it was time for a mess that was resolved with the help of the umpire [referee]. It was a mistake that should not be done.

Last edited by Jane Lane : Sep 17th, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 12:59 AM   #532

Quote:
2007 Dubai? Pretty sure that was the match when she forgot the score. I never saw the match either, but the score was 40-15 but Eva called it as 30-30 and the referee came out and had to fix it. It was a bit of a mess, and she said once in an interview (I forgot when) that it wasn't one of her finer moments.
Poor Eva, I suppose she was a little unexperienced then. Don't see her doing that now And thanks for explaining.
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 03:09 AM   #533
country flag Root

Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

E. Asderaki: To race in Dubai and since there were several interruptions in the game between Jankovic vs. Mauresmo delivered this speech wrong score, when it was time for a mess that was resolved with the help of the umpire [referee]. It was a mistake that should not be done.
Thanks for the link. First time stumbling on this article. I had to put up with the abysmal Google translation but it was quite an interesting read.

It seems that many chair umpires have started the same way: they were asked if they wanted to become linejudges at their club, local tournament, etc.

She mentioned how she'd love to be on the chair of a Wimbledon final. Please let it happen in 2012.

On a side note, I love how the word "arbitration" and its verb were mentioned at least 10 times or so. Isn't it a law-related term?
Root is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #534
country flag Jane Lane

1,004 FB fans as of right now.

She's going to snatch Mo's wig as most popular umpire soon.
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 01:31 AM   #535

Quote:

Thanks for the article. Thas was very interesting to read, a few things I didn't know. I really wanna hear her speak Italian. I wish I'd watched the Schiavone-Jankovic match in Cincy! Also it would be really cool to see her play tennis. I would love to see the umpires play in doubles, maybe her and Mo would make a good team

Fingers crossed she gets the Wimbledon final next year, seems that would be especially exciting for her. Though I'd be more than happy to see her in any GS final

Quote:
1,004 FB fans as of right now.

She's going to snatch Mo's wig as most popular umpire soon.
That's awesome! Her fan count as almost doubled in the past couple of weeks. So much Eva love
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 01:21 AM   #536

Tokyo can't come quick enough. I need my Eva fix!
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 02:39 PM   #537
country flag Raz0r

Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold

Now that Eva is all famous and stuff, how hard do you think it'll be to get her autograph or even a photo?
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 11:04 PM   #538
country flag vassia54

vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice vassia54 is just really nice

i think is easiest than ever because she is very open person. She was in the past and will be in the future for sure
vassia54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 11:12 PM   #539
country flag Jane Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0r View Post
Now that Eva is all famous and stuff, how hard do you think it'll be to get her autograph or even a photo?
Please, I didn't even find her at this year's US Open BEFORE she got famous. I saw Lynn twice (she was two rows away from me watching the Na/Halep R1 match), exchanged words with Alexandra Panova on the line for Ben and Jerry's but do I see Eva? No. The only time I had an Eva sighting was after the Pennetta/Peng R4 match, I went to get a taco and they were showing the video from Grandstand (of Muller/ Kunistyn that I can't even spell....) which I couldn't get in to (nor did I want to...if I had only known ) and I heard her voice. And I was just like:

But it was only the last game.

UNTIL NEXT YEAR!
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 12:58 AM   #540
country flag Raz0r

I'm just saying she'll probably be SWARMED by fans at tournaments