Eva Asderaki - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 01:15 AM   #331
country flag Root

Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Eva Asderaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by footygirl View Post
I think the decision is taken at the quarter final stage who gets the final - and it has been a man the las two years. I don't think it will be Kadar as he is French and Marion was still in the draw - too big a risk to take
I thought there's a rule for it. An umpire cannot officiate a match in which a player is of the same nationality. Or am I mixing things up?
Root is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 01:20 AM   #332
country flag Raz0r

Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufflemutts View Post
I thought there's a rule for it. An umpire cannot officiate a match in which a player is of the same nationality? Or am I mixing things up?
It only applies if ONE of the players is of the same nationality as the umpire. It's fine if both players are from the same country, e.g. Lynn Welch (USA) chairing V. Williams (USA) vs S. Williams (USA).

The rule is strictly followed in Slams and ITF tournaments, I'm not so sure about the smaller events though.
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 01:33 AM   #333
country flag Root

Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0r View Post
It only applies if ONE of the players is of the same nationality as the umpire. It's fine if both players are from the same country, e.g. Lynn Welch (USA) chairing V. Williams (USA) vs S. Williams (USA).

The rule is strictly followed in Slams and ITF tournaments, I'm not so sure about the smaller events though.
Yeah, it's fine if both are of the same nationality. I was going through the rulebook yesterday and read through this part of it. I think Eva once umpired a match where a player was Greek, correct me if I'm wrong, so I wasn't too sure.
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 01:38 AM   #334
country flag Raz0r

Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yeah, it's fine if both are of the same nationality. I was going through the rulebook yesterday and read through this part of it. I think Eva once umpired a match where a player was Greek, correct me if I'm wrong, so I wasn't too sure.
Was it Baghdatis at the 2010 Kremlin Cup? Cypriot and Greek are 2 different nationalities IMO
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 01:48 AM   #335
country flag Root

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0r View Post
Was it Baghdatis at the 2010 Kremlin Cup? Cypriot and Greek are 2 different nationalities IMO
Technically speaking, Cyprus and Greece are two different countries. But isn't he Greek Cypriot? Well, I guess it's the nationality they looked at, i.e. he's listed as Cypriot not Greek.
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 01:55 AM   #336
country flag Raz0r

Quote:
Technically speaking, Cyprus and Greece are two different countries. But isn't he Greek Cypriot? Well, I guess it's the nationality they looked at, i.e. he's listed as Cypriot not Greek.
Yeah, that's what I thought

Anyway, my bet is on Kader for the women's final, since Marion got knocked out But I'm sure they had a non-French backup umpire in case she did reach the final.
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 04:37 AM   #337
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, the ITF should move Wimbledon to Athens just for this year so Eva can get the final and then they can move it back to London next year . But with Eva's luck, Eleni Daniilidou will reach the final so they can't give it to her

Anyone know if Eva chaired matches during the 2004 Olympics? Or was she too young back then?

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 12:18 PM   #338
country flag Raz0r

Good news!! It won't be Kader, since he's chairing the Nadal-Mugray SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Honestly, the ITF should move Wimbledon to Athens just for this year so Eva can get the final and then they can move it back to London next year . But with Eva's luck, Eleni Daniilidou will reach the final so they can't give it to her

Anyone know if Eva chaired matches during the 2004 Olympics? Or was she too young back then?
Maybe she was a line umpire?
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 01:11 PM   #339
country flag Root

It's not Eva.
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #340
country flag Raz0r

I'm happy for Louise, but this should've been Eva's final
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 02:54 AM   #341
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Louise did such a great job

Old Jun 12th, 2011, 12:58 AM   #342
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

So this too long of Eva-less time. At least Wimbledon is soon. When we can bitch again about Alison Lang getting a final.

Unless she's in Eastbourne.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 03:49 AM   #343
country flag hellas719

I really believe that if a Williams Sister reaches the US Open final, they will give it to Eva

She always gets picked for night sessions in NY so why not the final too?

Old Jun 13th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #344
country flag Root

It's been a long time since I last saw her in RG. I would guess she'd be in Eastbourne. We'll have to wait for streams.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #345
country flag Raz0r

Hasn't she done Wimbledon qualies in Roehampton for the past 2 years? Would be nice to see her in Eastbourne though