Eva Asderaki - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:00 PM   #166
country flag footygirl

footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Eva Asderaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0r View Post
Apparently not... from what I've observed at Slams, umpires who chair QFs don't get the final

BTW, who did the semis?
I would love to see Eva get the final - but they always seem to give finals to Alison Lang, who I don't think is as good as Eva. If it isn't Eva doing the final I hope Mariana has got the final
footygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #167
country flag Raz0r

Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold

Not Mariana again! I'd rather see Alison in the chair.
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:03 PM   #168
country flag footygirl

footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light footygirl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Not Mariana again! I'd rather see Alison in the chair.
Alison has had her fair share of finals - she is not the best umpire IMO - that is Eva, Louise is excellent too
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #169
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Maye she'll get to do the dubs final? Vika, Makiri, Gisela, Flavia and Eva all on the same court.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:08 PM   #170
country flag Raz0r

Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold Raz0r is a splendid one to behold

There's no denying that Eva is the best chair umpire Dubs final would be great too! I wouldn't know who to support... I like all of them

In fact Alison hasn't had a final since Wimbledon 2009. Somebody compiled a list on MTF:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=165011
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #171
country flag footygirl

OK Louise Engzell and Leeanne White did the semi finals

That means the final is between

Eva
Mariana
Kerrilyn
Alison

Kerrilyn has done it the last two years, Alison has done her fair share of finals. It should be Eva if they are being fair, with Mariana the second choice

Give Kerilyn the doubles final
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #172
country flag footygirl

Quote:
There's no denying that Eva is the best chair umpire Dubs final would be great too! I wouldn't know who to support... I like all of them

In fact Alison hasn't had a final since Wimbledon 2009. Somebody compiled a list on MTF:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=165011
Alison did the US Open in 2009. Eva's last final in grand slam singles was 2008 Australian Open mens final - why do they overlook Eva, when she is the best - is it because she is a "players" umpire - i.e very popular with the players

Last edited by footygirl : Jan 27th, 2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: wrong year
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #173
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Wait hold up. Eva did the 08 men's Aussie final?
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #174
country flag Raz0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by footygirl View Post
Alison did the US Open in 2009. Eva's last final in grand slam singles was 2008 Australian Open mens final - why do they overlook Eva, when she is the best - is it because she is a "players" umpire - i.e very popular with the players
Oh yeah forgot Alison did 2009 USO too

But Eva's never done a singles final before AFAIK the only female umpire to have chaired a GS men's singles was Sandra de Jenken, AO 2007 and RG 2007.
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #175
country flag Jane Lane

I just pulled up the highlights from that match on youtube. It's definitely a man in the chair. And yeah Raz0r you're right.
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #176
country flag footygirl

Quote:
Oh yeah forgot Alison did 2009 USO too

But Eva's never done a singles final before AFAIK the only female umpire to have chaired a GS men's singles was Sandra de Jenken, AO 2007 and RG 2007.
Eva did the 2008 Australian mens final -why does she get overlooked in favour of Alison and Kerrilynn. Stand corrected - even more reason to give Eva the final
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:19 PM   #177
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I forgot it was her birthday. Maybe it's still her birthday in Greece? Happy birthday Eva. Will be watching to see if she does get the final.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #178
country flag Jane Lane

That's a guy. Sounds like Ramos?
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #179
country flag Danii's Law

Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of

Cramer always gets the womens final cos she's from Melbourne.

I really want Eva to get a final, she should have been given Wimbledon last year. I think Alison Lang is right up there with Eva as the best. Maybe Eva will get the men's final and they were grooming her for it in the Nadal Ferrer match.

Also I met her at the open this year, and she is the nicest person ever.
Danii's Law is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #180
country flag Jane Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii's Law View Post
Cramer always gets the womens final cos she's from Melbourne.

I really want Eva to get a final, she should have been given Wimbledon last year. I think Alison Lang is right up there with Eva as the best. Maybe Eva will get the men's final and they were grooming her for it in the Nadal Ferrer match.

Also I met her at the open this year, and she is the nicest person ever.
I tried to find her at the USO 2010 but I couldn't. So jealous.