Black Democrat Clinton Supporters.... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2008, 01:50 AM   #1
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute
Black Democrat Clinton Supporters....

I wanted to know of the black democratic HRC supporters, what have been your experiences interacting with black democratic Obama supprters?

I've personally witnessed the gambit, and in my own family. I'm half black/half chinese and I've seen my black family memebers interact in a variety of ways. From positive respectful conversations to all out arguing and anger towards those that support Clinton instead of Obama.

I really respect the most those of my family that are passionate but can and do respect the others opinions. They simply agree to disagree, without the nastiness. It's difficult I can see for some but they do it.

Last edited by Paneru : Apr 25th, 2008 at 02:31 AM.
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2008, 02:22 AM   #2
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
Re: Black Democrat Clinton Supporters....

aww Paneru, you're Blackanese Anyway, all the black folk I know (mostly West Indian) all support HRC. However, I have one cousin in NYC who is an Obamaniac. She is one of those who find it insulting for black people to vote against BHO We have heated discussions , but we're cool.
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 02:34 AM   #3
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti2001 View Post
aww Paneru, you're Blackanese
Yeppers.

Quote:
However, I have one cousin in NYC who is an Obamaniac. She is one of those who find it insulting for black people to vote against BHO We have heated discussions , but we're cool.
Oh, That grinds on my last nerve. Would she find it
insulting for women to not vote for HRC?

Good that you two are cool.
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 02:40 AM   #4
country flag IceSkaTennisFan

IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm part black. I am openly a Hillary supporter, but I'm fine with Obama too so long as one of them steamrolls McCain int he general election. I haven't really had much negative experience with other blacks b/c of not voting for Obama. It's ironic that many had been questioning Obama's being black, yet some blacks that had disowned him before are now much more accepting of him as a winner. The bandwagon's full.
IceSkaTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 02:46 AM   #5
Veelieve!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneru View Post
Yeppers.

Oh, That grinds on my last nerve. Would she find it
insulting for women to not vote for HRC?

Good that you two are cool.
Oh I don't know about that--- We don't stay mad at each other for too long in my family She thinks like some black folk on this very board and when I think of it, I get it. Although she has W.I. parents she was born here and is dating an AA guy
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 02:48 AM   #6
Veelieve!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceSkaTennisFan View Post
I'm part black. I am openly a Hillary supporter, but I'm fine with Obama too so long as one of them steamrolls McCain int he general election. I haven't really had much negative experience with other blacks b/c of not voting for Obama. It's ironic that many had been questioning Obama's being black, yet some blacks that had disowned him before are now much more accepting of him as a winner. The bandwagon's full.
You don't say
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 02:53 AM   #7
country flag azinna

azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm still doing the 50:50 thing, or thereabouts, and so it's often about calming the maniacs on either side down. Funny enough, my friends and family of African descent just have civil back-and-forths with me. While my Euro-American friends (all masters and doctoral-degree-holders, by the way) all look at me in shock, surprise and horror when they find out that I think HRC is a reasonable candidate. I could tell a few of them were this close to saying "but you're black..." They ended up with a weak-voiced "Why?" and a weaker "You know, I'm really surprised." I'm like, no kidding, but can we have a discussion about the issues?

Always on the lookout for a great tennis match.
azinna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 03:22 AM   #8
country flag mirzalover

mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute

My roommate is one of those that thinks anyone who has any black in them, should vote for Bama, and not voting for Bama is like a major criminal offence.
mirzalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 03:35 AM   #9
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miching~Mallecho View Post
This is funny because I had noticed a pattern of a lot of black supporters of Hillary actually being bi/multiracial or of Caribbean/West Indian/African (not Black American) descent. I wonder why that is? It makes you think. lol.

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 03:44 AM   #10
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to state my race because I don't want my opinions here stereotyped (not that I can stop it; most black people think I am either white - and could never understand another point of view - or Chinese - which I find interesting). So I might be black or might not be. Anyway, I haven't talked much about the Hillary-Barack race with anybody, except a Peruvian woman, who is leaning toward Obama based on this idea of him being more apt to change things, but I told her why I support Hillary in 08 - Obama in 16 - and it may have had some effect.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 03:48 AM   #11
country flag Paneru

Quote:
Oh I don't know about that--- We don't stay mad at each other for too long in my family She thinks like some black folk on this very board and when I think of it, I get it. Although she has W.I. parents she was born here and is dating an AA guy
Oh, I get it too, but I just don't like it.

I was hearing the logic that he and she shared basically the
same policies and what not, so one should just vote for him.
Regardless, if you thought that she would make for the tougher
and rougher opponent to really handle the republican onslaught
that has been at her for years.

My uncle Cedric said, you may hate Hillary as a person
but she'll get everyone's respect as a politican and will
be able to get things done.
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 03:57 AM   #12
country flag winone23

winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wanted to know of the black democratic HRC supporters, what have been your experiences interacting with black democratic Obama supprters?

I've personally witnessed the gambit, and in my own family. I'm half black/half chinese and I've seen my black family memebers interact in a variety of ways. From positive respectful conversations to all out arguing and anger towards those that support Clinton instead of Obama.

I really respect the most those of my family that are passionate but can and do respect the others opinions. They simply agree to disagree, without the nastiness. It's difficult I can see for some but they do it.
Hey Paneru I didn't know you were half blk and Chinese. I just so happen to be blk with a common Chinese last name. I'm African-American and thankfully for me I have 2 sisters and a father that supports Clinton. The Obama supporters in my family want me to support Obama, but they don't give me much trouble about supporting Clinton.

Eleven, Jamba Juice, Miami Dolphins, V*Starr Interiors ,World Team Tennis
Veelieve! Venus will rise again 2014!
Taylor Townsend / Madison Keys
NY KNICKS / TEAM MELO
winone23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 03:59 AM   #13
country flag winone23

winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

My uncle Cedric said, you may hate Hillary as a person
but she'll get everyone's respect as a politican and will
be able to get things done.
This is why I support Hil and voted her in the senate.

Eleven, Jamba Juice, Miami Dolphins, V*Starr Interiors ,World Team Tennis
Veelieve! Venus will rise again 2014!
Taylor Townsend / Madison Keys
NY KNICKS / TEAM MELO
winone23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 04:02 AM   #14
country flag Diesel
Been There... Won That... x2

Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute

Why are black people given a hard time for supporting who they want? Do you guys give female Hillary supporters this much grief and inspection of their votes? Or is their vote given an automatic stamp of quality approval?
Imperious in victory. Never conceiving the possibility of defeat. The greatest of her era. The self-belief, that smile, backhand, muscles, serve, personality, all larger than life. There's no greater sight in women's tennis than watching Serena J. Williams go to work.
The others are Great, but Serena's the Greatest

Diesel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 04:42 AM   #15
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Why are black people given a hard time for supporting who they want? Do you guys give female Hillary supporters this much grief and inspection of their votes? Or is their vote given an automatic stamp of quality approval?
Thank you and of course it's no problem if white females vote for Hillary, as a matter of fact, they're praised for it. It really funny is that it was never considered negative as long as blacks were voting for white candidates but how dare we think that a black man could possibilty be as good as a white woman, especially if that woman's name is Hillary. .