GET IN SHAPE THREAD: Weight-loss, Dieters, and Exercise-enthusiast - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 27th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #61
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dear Diary: My 20 Days of Fasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoleb View Post
Could you please refer me to what you think is a good source, scientific if it's possible? I googled "lemon cleanser" and all I got is a bunch of questionable sources.
Why not google "fasting benefits medical"?

Here is the first I found.

http://www.healthy.net/scr/Article.asp?Id=1996&xcntr=1

I have read a lot about fasting. It is not as crazy as people think. Spend one hour reading up on it and if you still think it is so radical, start another thread to debate it. This is not fair to do in Sir's Diary thread.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 27th, 2008, 06:07 PM   #62
country flag xr6turbo
Veelieve.

xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute

healthy eating and old fashioned exercise!

"I want to do things on my own terms, I can't have anything take me out.
I have never given up and it's important for me to prove to myself that I can do this, and to prove to me that i'm a champion.
If I were just to sit down, lay down and give in, then I wouldn't have any respect for myself."
VW
xr6turbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 06:11 PM   #63
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why not google "fasting benefits medical"?
Ummm, maybe because I'm looking for specific information on this type of diet rather than fasting in general? You know there can be a billion fasting program or diet with each having its own characteristics and results (especially that this one is all dependent on a single type of mix you swallow for 10 days).

Quote:
I have read a lot about fasting. It is not as crazy as people think. Spend one hour reading up on it and if you still think it is so radical, start another thread to debate it. This is not fair to do in Sir's Diary thread.
Who said I was going to debate it here? I'm not. Oh, and I don't think fasting is crazy cause I've already done it like 10 times already in my life.

But thanks for the link, anyway.

Last edited by Apoleb : Apr 27th, 2008 at 06:21 PM.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 06:41 PM   #64
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

Hang in there -
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 11:53 PM   #65
country flag Denise4925
Her Grace, The Duchess of Williamsburg

Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Day 1

Today is day one in my planned 20 days of fasting. I'm not all that religious by any means, but I am grateful and God's blessed me so I wanted to say thanks by making this huge sacrifice. I've never done anything like this before and I know it's going to be difficult, but I thought that if I shared what I was doing it would make me even more committed to seeing it through.

The rules: No food what so ever for 20 days. I'm allowing myself to drink liquids, so I can have milk, juice, and water- but no food during this time.

So last night I went to Denny's and had a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich for my last meal. I was sitting waiting for my food and I noticed the lady behind the counter kept stuffing tons of to-go boxes into a take out bag. I was the only person that had a take-out order, so I kept looking around wondering where all that food was going. She boxed it up and approached me and say, "Here you go". Confused, I said, "thanks" and went on my way. I know I should have said something but I ordered a side of onion rings so I started thinking maybe she put the sandwich in one box, the napkins in another, and the onion rings in yet another. When I got home I found out that I had 4 double cheeseburgers, 20 hotwings, onion rings, and a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich. Is this Santan's way of tempting me...

I ate half a burger, the onion rings, and the Philly Sandwich- and gave the rest away. The only thing I've had today was water and thankfully I haven't had much of an appetite, I'm probably still full from my late night meal last night.

I'll update this thread probably twice a day. Wish me luck everybody!
OMG. God give you strength Stef to endure this. It's hard enough to be on a no carb diet for me. Let alone fasting. I'll pray for you. Also, I'm supporting you, but if you find it too difficult and it gets to be too much and you're getting sick, by all means no shame in giving in, brother. Godspeed.
Denise4925 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 09:43 PM   #66
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Day 7

It's been seven days since I last ate something and although I do still have cravings, they're manageable. I can't lie, I am looking forward to eating again. I keep planning what my first meal will be. One thing of note is the foods I'm craving. I'm craving fish, seafood, and salad. It's a little odd for me to crave fish and it's even more odd for me not to be craving prime rib and pasta, my two favorite foods. I attempted a light workout since I have an increase in energy, but that didn't last too long. I started getting light-headed so I canned the workout. I had a chance to step on the scale and after 7 days of no food I've lost 11lbs. I assume most of that weight loss is water weight, which would be a little ironic since all I'm basically consuming is water..lol

I've been doing a lot of praying and with so much free time on my hands it's resulted in me putting my energy into things I've put off. We all have dreams and aspirations and without going into mine, I finally put in an honest effort in trying to make some of them come true. I don't know if anything will come from it, but I at least have the satisfaction of knowing I went for it. In a nutshell, I made contact with the CEO of a company I always dreamed of working for. My approach was totally unorthodoxed but I put together some solid ideas- now it's just a matter of him giving me a chance to present my ideas. But like I said, I made a real effort for once and instead of just wishing for something to happen I put things into motion, so regardless of the outcome I'm proud of myself. If something is going to come from it though it'll have to be before May 5th, that's when I start working at Prudential- any of you need life insurance?

I'm still smelling the foods that I'm craving and I'm still transfixed on the Food Network. I'm turning into a hermit because all my outing with friends revolve around food and drinks. I don't think I could handle being at a restaurant or a bar right now. In addition to eating soon, I'm also looking forward to an ice cold Guinness . It's nice to have something to look forward to.

Till next time
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 09:54 PM   #67
country flag Denise4925
Her Grace, The Duchess of Williamsburg

Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute

Hang in there boo.
Denise4925 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 10:09 PM   #68
spartanfan

spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute

I can relate to what your are going thru, I did 21 days on the master cleanse a couple of years ago, and it does get easier the longer you're on it. My one suggestion would be to stop watching Food TV! It just makes you focus on food too much. I remember that while I was going thru my cleanse noticing just how many restaurants are here in Atlanta. You can't really go more than a 1/4 mile any where without driving by one. I found that whenever I started to fixate on food a swallow or two of the lemonade took away my cravings. But try and get some exercise, go for a walk, do some sit up and push ups. Just stop watching food tv and turn the channel when a food commercial comes on tv.
spartanfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 10:26 PM   #69
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Wow I don't think i could ever eat nothing for a whole week. Well done, alot of credit to you!

You're only 13 days left now, good luck!
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 04:30 AM   #70

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

End of Day 9

I didn't do an update yesterday- nothing really to report just more of the same. Nothing too interesting to report today either, except for of course, it's my last day of just lemons and water. After tomorrow I'll be able to have other liquids as part of my fasting. I've noticed that I haven't been in my usual happy-go-lucky mood the last two days, but physically I feel great. No headaches, no intense cravings, and I still have a good amount of energy.

My cousin had a good-together and I went with her to the grocery store. It was the first time I've been in a super market since I've started. I thought it would be ok, but looking back it was a dumb idea. It was Sams Club and they have free samples of every food imaginable on every isle, and don't get me started on the cakes and pies- God give me strength. Well he did, and I made it through.

till next time...
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:24 AM   #71
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

I know this might not be helpful, but I binged on a couple things tonight - potato chips earlier and ice cream later - and I wish i hadn't.

Coming up to the juice phase....Maybe you can find a place nearby - like a health food store - where you can get a fresh vegetable juice every day.... unless you got your hands on a juicer, then you can do your own.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 01:52 AM   #72
country flag tennisbear7

tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute

How are you going, SS?
tennisbear7 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:13 AM   #73

Day 14

It's been a few days since my last update but I haven't fell off the wagon, I'm still going strong. The closes I've come to ingesting any food was when I was moving a piece of cake from the counter and a smudge of icing got on my finger tip. Without even thinking, just on instinct, I sucked the icing of my finger before I could even remind myself that I was fasting. Aside from that I've stuck with it 100%.

I'm relived to be entering my very last week and although I can now manage the cravings, I still miss food and I'm overjoyed at the thought of eating again. Since I'm in the juice phase of my fasting it's been a lot easier to deal with. Here's what I ate yesterday: for breakfast I had chicken broth, for lunch I had three V8s, and for diner I had tomatoe soup.

I haven't weighed myself since the end of the first week- I'll probably just wait until the end. As for the spiritual part. In all honesty the first week and a half my days and nights were consumed with prayers or thoughts of food. The second half I've been praying but not as intently as I was the first half- but I am getting from this what I intended to and a lot more.

Being able to actually do something like this has let me know that the limitations I thought I had, only really exist in my mind. I never been known for self-discipline or self-control so I naturally assumed I didn't have much, but now I know I have more then I give myself credit for. I've already found ways to apply this mental approach to other things in my life. I hit a minor roadblock in trying to get that 'dream job' I mentioned earlier. Prior to this experience that roadblock would have been my swan-song, but now I've got the mental energy to keep trying.

till next time...
Old May 5th, 2008, 12:59 PM   #74
country flag lee station

lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future lee station has a brilliant future

stay away from others/media/comp. go take a walk in the countryside, walk a lot, contemplate the nature for spiritual relief
lee station is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 01:05 PM   #75
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

keep going mate you're doing well so far
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote